Worth a try or simply silly?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks again Pogre, I will be definitely looking into the "non-Mythos" centers from Def Tech. :)
I know they're not from the Mythos line, but DefTech states all of their speakers are timbre matched so you can mix n match between the series and still have good performance. The ProCenter 2000 might be a good solution for you as it's fairly compact.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well that’s a tough one for ME to answer. Unobtrusive is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I’m a nuts and volts kinda guy and I will regularly take my speaker grilles off just to appreciate them. Hell, I even think a Top fuel dragster is a work of art!
As my friend @Pogre said, performance and elegance are sometimes mutually exclusive and a big factor will be budget. Also, depending on what YOU want to see vs what the boss wants will be between you two. I’m also not super family with your mains, so while I would recommend something similar in timbre, others may feel it’s not necessary. I guess that would depend a lot on your personal experience/expectations.
Nuts and volts! I love it, lol.

(Hi Bill! :D)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will say that I've never heard the ST-L towers before, but I'd really like to. I think they look pretty cool and appear to be built very well.

ddlooping

ddlooping

Enthusiast
I’m also not super family with your mains...
"An unmissable bargain, less than 15% of original cost!"
"I'll never be able to buy speakers of this quality!"
"The last L/R speakers I'll ever buy!" (I'm 57)
These are some of the arguments I had to use (most of them true) to convince the missus. :)

EDIT : I've just realised you meant "not very familiar". :D
I thought you meant "not very family/missus friendly".

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis