Worst Movie Ever Made?

S

Spottedfeather

Audiophyte
In no particular order

Freddy Got Fingered......couldn't even make it through ten minutes of this garbage. Never liked Tom Green's show, either. Not funny at all.

Sixth Sense......Aside from Die Hard, can you name any GOOD Bruce Willis movie ? (Okay, The Kid was funny....but that was only because it had that little kid in it)

Lemony Snicket....I know that this "movie" isn't even out yet but I can't help it. You can just tell that this is going to be a bomb merely by watching the ads. It's a total Harry Potter rip-off. (kid getting orphaned and sent to a relative that hates him. A bunch of weird stuff happens. Sound familiar ?)

Kangaroo Jack....a talking Kangaroo. 'nuff said.

Glitter....Mariah Carey. Can't stand her. Can't act....OR sing worth crap.

The Others......How can any "film" with Nicole Kidman in it be considered good ? You couldn't pay me a million dollars to even touch her. She needs to gain some weight.

Hoosiers......Back in school, they'd make us watch this crap whenever the weather was horrible and we couldn't go outside. Boring as all get out.

Mothman Prophecies....made no sense whatsoever.

Overdrawn At The Memory Bank (MST3K version)......a low rent, PBS Matrix-like trash-fest.

Titanic....might've been worth watching if it didn't have Leonardo Di-craprio and that dumb Celine Dijon song in it.

Spiderman....no real comic book fan would waste their time with that s***. It has nothing to do with the real Spiderman (in terms of the comic.) for the following reasons.

1. Spiderman DOES NOT have organic webshooters that shoot the webs from his arms. This doesn't happen until the comic book, Spiderman 2099. And then it was the result of a industrial, scientific mutatic accident.

2. The Green Goblin is not supposed to be entirely green. His face, arms, and legs are. The rest of him is supposed to be a floppy purple hat, purple gloves, purple boots, and a purple tunic.

Catwoman....never seen it but it has Hallie Berry in it. How could it possibly get worse ?

Daredevil....his suit was crap. Jennifer Gardner is crap (can't pull off a superhero role AT ALL.) Kingpin was white in the comics, so why did they make him black in the movie. (I've liked Michael Clark Duncan in most of his other roles, and don't have anything against his colour, but if a character is one colour in the comic book/source material, then that's the colour they should be in the movie. Would you make a Jesus movie with a midget in it ? No. Or a black guy ? No.

That's about it for now.

O

outsider

Audioholic
Spottedfeather said:
Lemony Snicket....I know that this "movie" isn't even out yet but I can't help it. You can just tell that this is going to be a bomb merely by watching the ads. It's a total Harry Potter rip-off. (kid getting orphaned and sent to a relative that hates him. A bunch of weird stuff happens. Sound familiar ?)
your statement makes me wonder if you actually know anything at all about either film....or the books they are based on.
While I have never read either series, I know a few people who have.
The basics of each:

Harry Potter is a wizard, or rather, studying to become one.

The kids in Lemony Snicket are just kids who get stuck in a "series of unfortunate events".

So, to say that either one is a total rip-off of the other is completely false.

As for whether or not the movie will be any good, who knows? But what is the point in criticizing before it is even released?

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Alright, there were a lot of movies you guys tossed out that you should have expected to be bad going in, like the Seagal stuff, but the all time insufferable worst movie experience I've ever had that shouldn't have been...

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I'm usually pretty good with the art-flick stuff, but "Unbearable" should be the warning for anyone thinking of giving this one a shot. It doesn't matter who gets naked, or who invades Chechoslovakia, it's just not worth it.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
djoxygen said:
It doesn't matter who gets naked, ......
What are you talking about? You must be que.. opps, probably can't say that. ;)

The only reason guys go to movies is because there is wicked action, or some well known hahumm "actress" is prancing around in her birthday suit. :D

Why do you think the movie "The Piano" was a big hit back in '93? Forget symbolism, forget good script, forget the pint size oscar weiner, it was Because Holly Hunter got naked

Last edited by a moderator:
Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
djoxygen said:
It doesn't matter who gets naked, or who invades Chechoslovakia, it's just not worth it.
I'm with Mudcat on this. Let's see, Rosie O'Donnell or Kate Beckinsale.......

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Hell, I'd have went to the Piano if I knew Holly Hunter got neckid! :D Anyway, I sorta liked The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Not sure if I'd still like it nowadays, though.

jaguars_fan

jaguars_fan

Junior Audioholic
What's that smell?!? Someone step in something?

My God there are some seriously smelly titles in this post! One of the absolute biggest wastes of film has to be (IMHO) Robot Jox with Gary Graham and Anne-Marie Johnson! :eek:

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Mudcat said:
What are you talking about? You must be que.. opps, probably can't say that. ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Holy pile of assumptions, Batman!

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Mudcat said:
The only reason guys go to movies is because there is wicked action, or some well known hahumm "actress" is prancing around in her birthday suit.
"or"... what's this "or" stuff !!!!! there is no "or".. there is only "and" :D

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
Spottedfeather said:
In no particular order

The Others......How can any "film" with Nicole Kidman in it be considered good ? You couldn't pay me a million dollars to even touch her. She needs to gain some weight.
So Nicole Kidman doesn't do anything for you... what does that have to do with her acting? It obvious that you haven't seen "The Others" as it's not that bad. Nowhere near the same league as many of the others on your list. In fact, Nicole was quite good. And I don't particluarly like her either.

As for Lemony Snicket, it's great that you can see into the future and trash another movie you haven't seen. That must make life so much easier for you. Do you know what the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow are?

And here's another to add to the list. "Better off Dead". What a waste of time that one was. Or how about "Harley Davidson and the Marleboro Man"?

jrohland

jrohland

Enthusiast
Any Timothy Dalton Bond film!

I didn't see anyone mention the two Bond flicks with Timothy Dalton as 007. They truely sucked!

But, the worst ever--hands down, no contest--is: Billy Jack. Which one you ask? Why ALL of them of course.

jrohland

J

jordanny

Enthusiast
How about "Plan 9 from Outer Space"? Cardboard tombstones, hubcap flying saucers on strings... it really was the worst. Also, my daughter made me sit and watch "Santa Conquers the Martians"!?! Torture. Absolute TORTURE!!! :(

K

Krafty1

Audiophyte
This is an easy one....

The ABSOLUTE WORST movie (meaning nothing comes remotely close) that I have ever wasted the precious minute of my life on is Eraserhead (not the Schwarzenneger move Eraser). What the &*#$ was this movie about?!

Krafty1

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
just about every sequel is deserving of being on this list.

Sure, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, and others have good sequels (sometimes as good as the original), but most sequels leave a lot to be desired.

Some of my all time favorite sequel bombs......

Smokey and the Bandit.
Jaws

And then there are the adapted from TV movies.......

Lost in Space

jaguars_fan

jaguars_fan

Junior Audioholic
Well, since we have introduced the sequels, the we can't dismiss the series like Iron Eagle! What a wretched series of movies this was!

Here's a list of other smelly movies compiled on Internet Movie Database...

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
sjdgpt said:
just about every sequel is deserving of being on this list.

Lost in Space
The Alien series has both good "Aliens" (one of the more awesome movies ever made and bad "Alien3" (one of the more worse-some movies ever made) and the same could be said for the Terminator line...

Lost in Space.. ugggh what a dog... it sure killed Matt LeBlanc's big-screen career !!

Z

Zarg

Junior Audioholic
My Nominees

Duffinator said:
I'm with Mudcat on this. Let's see, Rosie O'Donnell or Kate Beckinsale.......
What was that movie where Rosie and Dan Ackroyd were undercover cops and they went to that "fantasy" island where they played domination games? That one was so bad my mind is blanking on the name.....

I also want to nominate:

- Sly Stallone and Bridgette Neilson in "Cobra". I love the scene where Sly, wearing black gloves, uses scissors to cut some cold pizza. But can a big-budget, big-name, move be any stupider?

- Sly Stallone again, starring with Rob Schneider in "Judge Dredd". "I am the Law!"

- And for that matter, any movie that stars Rob Schneider as the lead. "Deuce Bigelow, Male Gigolo" and "Manimal" come to mind.

And there are any number of 70's disaster movies that belong on the list ... "Tidal Wave" starring Lorne Greene (yes, Adama) is on my personal list. See, there's this HUGE tidal wave (duh) that destroys the city of Tokyo. Everything's in ruins and fires start. One minor character looks at the devastation and the fires, and asks, "Where are the firemen?" :eek: Ouch! They're all dead, dude!

(And speaking of tsunamis, CNN is now reporting 80,000 dead in Indonesia, Thailand and other Asian countries. What a tragedy.) :( :(

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Zarg said:
What was that movie where Rosie and Dan Ackroyd were undercover cops and they went to that "fantasy" island where they played domination games? That one was so bad my mind is blanking on the name.....

- Sly Stallone again, starring with Rob Schneider in "Judge Dredd". "I am the Law!"
would that be Exit to Eden ? Didn't Dana Delany get naked in that... ut oh.. I'm starting to sound like Rob... :p

Diane Lane did a great job in Judge Dredd... not enough to save the movie, but she's always worth watching especially Streets of Fire and Murder at 1600

(didn't she get naked in Lady Beware...)

L

Lithp

Audiophyte
courage under fire. I'm sorry I just can't take Meg Ryan seriously barking out combat orders.

Whatever movie that was with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. That role playing sex movie. Man that sucked.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

How could anyone who purports to be a fan of fine cinema fail to see the genius of "Deuce Bigelow, Male Gigolo"? :eek: Man, that one's friggin' hilarious! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis