Worst Movie Ever Made?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's funny, out of that list, I've heard of about 80% of them and have seen almost none of them because their trailers looked retarded.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
One thing that makes it difficult to compile any such list is that there are many different types of bad. A movie can be utterly forgettable (I would give an example, but I forgot), deadly dull (eg Lost in Translation), offensive (eg Hostel), disappointing (eg Red Dragon), full of terrible acting and worse dialog (eg Plan 9), confusing (eg Mulholland Dr.) or bad in any number of other ways.
One must also distinguish between movies that have no redeeming value (eg Punch Drunk Love) and those that are entertaining by virtue of their sheer awfulness (eg Night of the Lepus.)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Plan 9 is sooo bad it didn't make the list!:D:D
Plan 9 is rated too high at this point. People seem to have been giving it 'good' ratings because they are finding it entertaining to watch because it's so 'bad'. The rating system is being abused, somewhat, it seems. Troll 2 used to also be lower rated, I believe, now it's in the bottom 20 instead of the bottom 10, for the same reason.

The ratings scale now seems to be used to rate 'entertainment level', which is another matter. There is no way that Daddy Day Camp can be worse than Plan 9 or Troll 2, yet Daddy Day Camp ranked 3rd worst on IMDB as of the time I posted this reply. But perhaps Troll 2 is more entertaining, based on the ratings, even if a much worse film.

-Chris

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Plan 9 is rated too high at this point. People seem to have been giving it 'good' ratings because they are finding it entertaining to watch because it's so 'bad'. The rating system is being abused, somewhat, it seems. Troll 2 used to also be lower rated, I believe, now it's in the bottom 20 instead of the bottom 10, for the same reason.

The ratings scale now seems to be used to rate 'entertainment level', which is another matter. There is no way that Daddy Day Camp can be worse than Plan 9 or Troll 2, yet Daddy Day Camp ranked 3rd worst on IMDB as of the time I posted this reply. But perhaps Troll 2 is more entertaining, based on the ratings, even if a much worse film.

-Chris
Yeah, this makes sense. These bad movies are renamed "camp" and are "fun" to watch just to make fun of the acting. Like Mystery Theater 3000, they take a really bad movie and poke fun at it throughout it's entirety.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
There is no way that Daddy Day Camp can be worse than Plan 9 or Troll 2, yet Daddy Day Camp ranked 3rd worst on IMDB as of the time I posted this reply.
Oh yes, another category to consider: Bad movies I have not seen and never will. :)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, this makes sense. These bad movies are renamed "camp" and are "fun" to watch just to make fun of the acting.
Troll 2 can not be considered merely 'bad'.

But Troll 2 is so much more than simply bad acting or a poor plot. It manages to achieve the worst execution on EVERY facet of the movie: directing, costumes, story, lighting, acting, soundtrack(made on a kid's quality electronic synthesizer keyboard!), dialogue and special F/X. Check the IMDB reviews; it is held by virtually anyone that has seen it, even people whom regularly watch bad movies for entertainment, as the worst movie ever made.

Even beyond the movie, the packaging for the movie did not fail as being the worst and most inappropriate possible(along with the title): The original Troll 2 cover art had what looked much like a werewolf chasing a boy on the front. Troll 2 has neither the boy that was featured on the front in the movie, nor any werewolves, or anything that looked even remotely like the thing featured on the front. The title, here, also does not let us down: Troll 2 has no trolls. It's about goblins. And there was no Troll 1 that had anything to do with Troll 2. Troll 1 was a completely different movie with no connection; not even the same company or producer. Though, eventually, a special double feature DVD was released with both Troll 1 and Troll 2, from what I can tell based on used movies on ebay.

-Chris

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Watch some clips on YouTube. You might just have to Netflix it. :)

BTW, there is also a Troll 3. No, sorry, there are two Troll 3s. By the same company. By the same director. Released the same year. Completely different movies. Of course, neither have anything to do with trolls.

At least the franchise is consistent in their absurdity.

-Chris

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Yeah, this makes sense. These bad movies are renamed "camp" and are "fun" to watch just to make fun of the acting. Like Mystery Theater 3000, they take a really bad movie and poke fun at it throughout it's entirety.
If anyone has seen the 1994 movie "Ed Wood" you'll understand why
plan 9 was so bad. Bela Lugosi was already dead when the movie
began actual production. Ed Wood (directed/wrote/produced Plan 9) took footage from another project he was working on with Legosi, that was unfinished (due to Legosi's death) and used it for Plan 9. He thought Legosi would add some star power to the movie. As camp as it was, now that I think about it, I am changing my original pick of Dracula 3000 for "Worse Movie Ever" to Plan 9 as being the worse movie ever..... And I have seen it. It really, really sucked.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
Kazaam!!!! nuff said.....
Wow, that was a bad movie.
Isn't that the one with Shaq?

Hmm, I will check IMDB now.
Yeah that's the one.
It was pretty bad.......

Man oh man, if I had kids and they enjoyed that one...
(that would be rough, to even hear that movie running in another room)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Well guys Troll 2 and Plan 9 are shipping today so I will have them by tomorrow. I will report back after I have seen both of them this weekend.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
The Black Dahlia. Even IMDB gives it a 5/10 :p :D

That and Syriana..... oh boy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, thanks for bringing it up so that I have to remember that I actually sat through the whole thing...

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
After taking a quick peek at my netflix ratings, these are a few notable movies that I rated the lowest...... 1 star.

1.Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy
2.The Lost Voyage
3.Peaceful Warrior
4.Hook
5. John Q
6.Knock Off
7. Lost in Translation
8.21 Grams

Just to name a few:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
C'mon, Hook was a decent flick. Kid's movie yes, but it wasn't bad. I have seen zero of the rest of those...

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
1. Brother from another planet
2. Ishtar
3. Any Batman that fell in the between the 1st and last one
4. My own private Idaho (gag...no pun intended)
5. And my personal favorite worst of all time. I thought it was so bad after the opening scene I had to write a note and attach it to the disc for the next sucker who rented it. Moulin Rouge.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis