R

redrider

Enthusiast
Sub Quagmire. My retirement home is far less than ideal so headroom is an F. Open space is 600 sq ft and system is at opposing wall. I'm an overacheiving unrealistic best bang for the buck auidoholic since the 70's. Just recieved LR&C used Ascend Sierra 2's. Already own Outlaw Audio 5000 amp and 975 pre amp w/[4k switcher. LG OLED TV. I'm stuck between 1 ea.Rythmik F12 400 or 2 SVS SB 2000's

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Sub Quagmire. My retirement home is far less than ideal so headroom is an F. Open space is 600 sq ft and system is at opposing wall. I'm an overacheiving unrealistic best bang for the buck auidoholic since the 70's. Just recieved LR&C used Ascend Sierra 2's. Already own Outlaw Audio 5000 amp and 975 pre amp w/[4k switcher. LG OLED TV. I'm stuck between 1 ea.Rythmik F12 400 or 2 SVS SB 2000's
Get the two SVS SB 2000 for good, tight, punchy bass.

R

redrider

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I would like to ad I am not interested in Boom or shake. just good clean bass. I have mostly read that 2 subs is better than one and svs outlet with a promo code is 950 for 2. vs 900 for one rythmik f12 400.

R

redrider

Enthusiast
Update. Bit the "make a decision" bullet just purchased. single f12 to go with the Sierra 2's. As others have said I can opt for a second one later. Tough choice, relieved it's over. Commitment feels good. Ha!

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Update. Bit the "make a decision" bullet just purchased. single f12 to go with the Sierra 2's. As others have said I can opt for a second one later. Tough choice, relieved it's over. Commitment feels good. Ha!
So let me get this straight, you chose to put off having great bass now by choosing a single sub over duals on the grounds that you get another sub down the road, quite honestly, that makes no sense!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why not ported subs? Need to keep it small?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So let me get this straight, you chose to put off having great bass now by choosing a single sub over duals on the grounds that you get another sub down the road, quite honestly, that makes no sense!!
I'm sure he'll happily accept a donation from you to pay for the second subwoofer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
First of all, there’s no guarantee that dual subs will automatically give “better” bass. Especially when he’s mentioned placing a second one will be difficult. Imo he chose a better subwoofer, and is willing to add a matching one in the future. What’s the problem here?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Why not ported subs? Need to keep it small?
I think that’s the case. He mentioned not wanting booming bass. Guessing by the backstory, he doesn’t have experience with modern quality ported subs. I think the space is too small though.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that’s the case. He mentioned not wanting booking bass. Guessing by the backstory, he doesn’t have experience with modern quality ported subs. I think the space is too small though.
600 sq ft is small?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I think that’s the case. He mentioned not wanting booking bass. Guessing by the backstory, he doesn’t have experience with modern quality ported subs. I think the space is too small though.
Yeah I don’t know if I’d bother with a sealed unless it was a 15” or duel 12”. Ported wins out for spl always, but certain drivers bass is easier to control sealed .
We’ll see if op is happy or not pretty soon ! He made a choice pretty quickly :eek: before hardly any responses.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
First of all, there’s no guarantee that dual subs will automatically give “better” bass. Especially when he’s mentioned placing a second one will be difficult. Imo he chose a better subwoofer, and is willing to add a matching one in the future. What’s the problem here?
If he's able to add a second sub later that means he could do it now. While in your opinion the F12 he chose might be a better sub, which is debatable, there is no way that single sub is better than two comparable SVS subs. Also, with that promo code, he could basically got two for almost the price of one.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Yeah I don’t know if I’d bother with a sealed unless it was a 15” or duel 12”. Ported wins out for spl always, but certain drivers bass is easier to control sealed .
We’ll see if op is happy or not pretty soon ! He made a choice pretty quickly :eek: before hardly any responses.
I prefer sealed. No such thing as port chuffing with sealed. Also, ported subs are space eaters.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I'm sure he'll happily accept a donation from you to pay for the second subwoofer.
He could have got two for almost the price of one. It makes no sense for him to purchase a single sub.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I prefer sealed. No such thing as port chuffing with sealed. Also, ported subs are space eaters.
Yeah I agree I also prefer sealed but for saving space , small is not a given if a sealed sub is modeled for more low frequency boxes can get big diy . I made that mistake when I had a friend help me by cutting the wood , 8 years ago or so. That’s the dilemma, and why it’s collecting dust, the sub in my avatar . :(
it’s still far lighter then ported but closer to 5cu foot then minimum 3 sealed , that’s main reason besides chuffing to go sealed less weight no big peaks. Tuned subs always peak around port tune, my stereo integrity model is discontinued but it would had have uncontrollable bass ported.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis