Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
B

Bernie Williams

Junior Audioholic
Thats helpful, am thinking of implementing something like that. Putting in ceiling speakers might be too hard for me at the moment.

S

Sleqzypig

Audioholic Intern
Thats helpful, am thinking of implementing something like that. Putting in ceiling speakers might be too hard for me at the moment.
I am renting so same here just make sure your cealing is flat and smooth and if so yeah the bouncy house speakers do work. Keep the crossover at 180hz

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
When you say 'best quality' don't you mean 'best sounding', if it sounds great it must be a quality speaker, right? ;)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Just curious: How effective are those ATMOS speakers at "bouncing" sound off the ceiling?
I don't know about his, but mine work remarkably well because I have a low 7'4" ceiling and the seating distance is optimized for them. Dirac Live dials them in quite nicely.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know about his, but mine work remarkably well because I have a low 7'4" ceiling and the seating distance is optimized for them. Dirac Live dials them in quite nicely.
I've heard from others too, that as long as you have the geometry lined up, they work pretty well. There-in lies the rub... you actually have to pay attention to the distance and angles. ;)
(Of course I was the guy that got Cs in Algebra, but aced Geometry!) :p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Who makes the best? Man so many out there plus the price range very Subjective as to who makes the best.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The very best speakers made...are the ones you like and can afford. That's how I'm rolling.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
IF budget of $20k, what would be some of the best LCR speakers?
Have the Monolith M-215 sub and an old M&K 12" sub

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Revel Salon 2 (recently discontinued)

Magico A5 (only from what I've read, not heard yet)

Martin Logan 15A (msrp above 20k, but oh what a speaker, IMO the 13A is the sweet spot)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Save some money and spend $10K on Salk SoundScape 9.5s when he resumes production... Add whatever Center he recommends to match. :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Save some money and spend $10K on Salk SoundScape 9.5s when he resumes production... Add whatever Center he recommends to match. :)
never heard them but assuming they sound as good as they look they must be superb !

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
never heard them but assuming they sound as good as they look they must be superb !
They were the best, to my ears, at last years California Audio Show. IIRC, the second most inexpensive Tower speaker there. ;)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If budget was $20k, my entire setup would be JTR. LCR and subwoofers.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Thank you for all of the responses. Not saying I will shell out that much, butt just wanted options to explore.
(BTW no plans to replace the Monolith sub)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis