Where To Buy Cable Elevators/Risers?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Don't Flame: I don't believe that such devices change sound, etc. Thank You. PHEW!

I want to buy some as I'm about to build my own custom length speaker cables. And would like some risers for the Aesthetics, Looks, Cool Factor, etc. Make my humble set-up look more Audiophoolish, ha-ha.

They'll help keep them nicely routed and organized. And I don't want my homemade cables on my dingy floor. So any help with some cheap, nice looking ones would be great. I don't have a wood shop or hobby bench to make some. So buying is my only option. I've tried to CL some. But could't find any for sale.

Any and all Recs/Links will be appreciated. If all else fails, These look like a fun project. http//www.theanalogdept.com/diy_cable_elevators.htm The #4 picture. I'd use better looking lashings though. Thnx!

another option is to use PVC pipe, cut to length desired, notch for cable dia and paint to match decor.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That patent is among my favourite. That's when I really feel someone cares... Whoever invented this, I'd let him invent the next probe, you know the one that has to go through your penis all the way to your prostate. This guy would nail it. These days it still like sending the Fitzcaraldo down there with the entire camera crew.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If you like glass, that ebay link with the olden insulators would be great.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Look at the problem from a practical point of view.

What do you want to accomplish? Get the cables off the floor.

Now look at what will work for you to accomplish your goal.

I suggest you DIY something. You can easily come up with something that looks good and does the job.

I don't use them, but have looked into it a bit. The solution I decided upon was making a mould with the usual material ... clay, dental anagram, whatever floats your boat ... and use a release agent (any grease, or spray wax, or the stuff sold for the purpose) ... and a tube of silicone. Fill the mould and wait, so you can pull a nice clear / white / black silicone top to your footer.

Adhere your moulded silicone topper to some Espresso machine tampers. They can be bought for not much money on eBay or Amazon by sets of four or whatever you need. Well under $100 for many units, maybe even well under $50.

Just an example, you can find them for even less if you dig a bit (when I was looking, found 'em for about $7 each), but for $13:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coffee-Tamper-51-58-mm-Dual-Sides-Espresso-/272812831731

Or for $11, and do some woodwork (you would need a proper clamp and a drill press and a large-ish bit) on the top:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/58mm-Diameter-Wooden-Handle-Stainless-Steel-Espresso-Coffee-Tamper-Press-Tool-BT/162472408681?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=41375&meid=0db1c76209c847578720fd2a944ee309&pid=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=272812831731&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Last edited:
DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
OP stated that he knows there's no real audio benefit, so just giving ideas of what might work. I'd not spend a lot of $$ on something that one already knows has no real world benefit aside from looks. You can get REAL fancy or super cheap, just a choice. 3D printed ones could be kind of fun.
Ran my speaker wire ( 12Gauge Landscape wire ) above floor moldings Tacked in place with Home Depot plastic electrical staples ...No Snake oil and works and sounds mint

Attachments

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't Flame: I don't believe that such devices change sound, etc. Thank You. PHEW!

I want to buy some as I'm about to build my own custom length speaker cables. And would like some risers for the Aesthetics, Looks, Cool Factor, etc. Make my humble set-up look more Audiophoolish, ha-ha.

They'll help keep them nicely routed and organized. And I don't want my homemade cables on my dingy floor. So any help with some cheap, nice looking ones would be great. I don't have a wood shop or hobby bench to make some. So buying is my only option. I've tried to CL some. But could't find any for sale.

Any and all Recs/Links will be appreciated. If all else fails, These look like a fun project. http//www.theanalogdept.com/diy_cable_elevators.htm The #4 picture. I'd use better looking lashings though. Thnx!
Go to a local woodworking store and ask for their book of business cards. I'm sure someone will be willing to do this for you, for whatever they ask. Not sure why you want to see cables, but it's your house.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
If you can still find those hi voltage insulators that will work great! Local Power Company's tend to give those away as door prizes when they have their annual Community meet and cook off. They usually are the old ones that the guys take off the polls. But I heard they do give away one brand new set to the luck ticket holder. :cool:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
That patent is among my favourite. That's when I really feel someone cares... Whoever invented this, I'd let him invent the next probe, you know the one that has to go through your penis all the way to your prostate. This guy would nail it. These days it still like sending the Fitzcaraldo down there with the entire camera crew.
How did "penis" get into this thread?. probe, prostate?. I have read a Lot of threads and post on this forum and have to say no pun intended your post is kind of Anal.:p. But hey some of my post have been Oh so very informative! :cool:. So I have to be careful a MOD;) just let me out of the Stockade on good behavior. Would you care to join a few of us over on some other forum's? Your skill set no doubt is worthey of Sergeant at Arms at least. Can't promote any higher than that for now. You would have to pass the test that ADGT, gives for a higher ranking status. :cool:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
How did "penis" get into this thread?. probe, prostate?. I have read a Lot of threads and post on this forum and have to say no pun intended your post is kind of Anal.:p. But hey some of my post have been Oh so very informative! :cool:. So I have to be careful a MOD;) just let me out of the Stockade on good behavior. Would you care to join a few of us over on some other forum's? Your skill set no doubt is worthey of Sergeant at Arms at least. Can't promote any higher than that for now. You would have to pass the test that ADGT, gives for a higher ranking status. :cool:
Thanks for the invite. This is the only forum I visit and rarely as of late. I started a new job that has me occupied most of the time. Not that I complain, I love the job (finally for the first time in my life). I have a lot of you Yanks visiting my shop and buying wine from me. It's fun. I always think how funny it would be if someone was really an audioholic and someone I talk to here.

BTW, for the love of me, I can't find anything anal about the post in your quote and can't see the pun...

I hope my English is not withering!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Thanks for the invite. This is the only forum I visit and rarely as of late. I started a new job that has me occupied most of the time. Not that I complain, I love the job (finally for the first time in my life). I have a lot of you Yanks visiting my shop and buying wine from me. It's fun. I always think how funny it would be if someone was really an audioholic and someone I talk to here.

BTW, for the love of me, I can't find anything anal about the post in your quote and can't see the pun...

@killdozzer,
You know now that you have mentioned not being in here for a while, your right the few post I did run cross that you posted are of new from not being in here. The anal thing was a joke my man.;) Your post just reminded me of some fire's I left on other forum's.:D. You see, I have all this time on hands so reading specs, looking at the difference between which AVR is better than the pre pro gets really boring sometimes so I post up stupid crap just get some of the old timers on this forum something else to think about. :D Most of them think I'm crazy, need meds or from another country lol.:cool: some even went as far thinking my post are, "BOTS":rolleyes:. Best of luck on your new job man I know how important to find a career that you enjoy. Took me 5 years to adjust working in the Gulf of Mexico if it wasn't for the money and getting to fly around all over the Gulf from Mobile Bay to Grand Isle to Galveston, oh I did drag up a few jobs :D, some of those flights where 2 hours one way. Sometimes would sit up front in the co-pilot seat flying for free in a Chopper nothing like it.:cool: If my choice of careers and had to start over it would be a helicopter pilot. I have the upmost respect for them Pilots.;) Some have lost their life trying to land in the Gulf to save my fellow oilfield buddy's. Some where successful some wasn't.:oops:. Anyways tell them Yankees that know nothing about audio/video there isn't no such thing as a bucket of ohms ;) or a sky hook.:)

Mike

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Tell us where you are and if travels end up in your area you might get surprised one day!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis