Where To Buy Cable Elevators/Risers?

T

Thrill Killer

Audioholic Intern
Don't Flame: I don't believe that such devices change sound, etc. Thank You. PHEW!

I want to buy some as I'm about to build my own custom length speaker cables. And would like some risers for the Aesthetics, Looks, Cool Factor, etc. Make my humble set-up look more Audiophoolish, ha-ha.

They'll help keep them nicely routed and organized. And I don't want my homemade cables on my dingy floor. So any help with some cheap, nice looking ones would be great. I don't have a wood shop or hobby bench to make some. So buying is my only option. I've tried to CL some. But could't find any for sale.

Any and all Recs/Links will be appreciated. If all else fails, These look like a fun project. http//www.theanalogdept.com/diy_cable_elevators.htm The #4 picture. I'd use better looking lashings though. Thnx!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There is only a dork factor with cable risers. Audiophoolish perhaps.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Go cheap and use styrofoam coffee cups. If they keep falling over, fill them with kitty litter.

You will eventually get tired of the "you audiophile dork" ridicule. When that happens, use them to drink coffee, and subsequently, put the kitty litter to good use too.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Power line insulators were the original cable risers. That's where some idiot savant figured out it would probably sell to audiophools.

I'd probably go with a hockey puck with cable tie.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The best solution would be to clean your damn floor. Problem solved.

If you want to clean up your installation with cable management, Wiremold or similar on-wall cable management would be more effective and less likely to invite ridicule than ceramic or Pyrex power line insulators.

T

Thrill Killer

Audioholic Intern
The best solution would be to clean your damn floor. Problem solved.

If you want to clean up your installation with cable management, Wiremold or similar on-wall cable management would be more effective and less likely to invite ridicule than ceramic or Pyrex power line insulators.
My floor, my speaker cable, my system, my choice.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
This thread has played out exactly as I would expect on AH. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OP stated that he knows there's no real audio benefit, so just giving ideas of what might work. I'd not spend a lot of $$ on something that one already knows has no real world benefit aside from looks. You can get REAL fancy or super cheap, just a choice. 3D printed ones could be kind of fun.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While the aesthetic benefits of cable risers (or the proudly exposed cables) are completely lost on me, I suppose if you wanted your friends/family to stay out of your man cave, they may help. Perhaps to start conversations about audiophilia....

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I would look to order things like this from a wood shop. Then again, I still have wood shops around my neighborhood and would never have cable risers as I believe they would label me a certain way...:D And I am into aesthetics, but more like having a dim, orange light focused on each of my speakers instead of ambient light and things like that. I'm thinking of having stands done in a wood shop to my blueprints...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like a job for the Justice League!!! (and many dabs of BluTak)
I really hope by this you actually meant for these figurines to hold the cable. That would be aaawsome! But very non-childproof.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
That patent is among my favourite. That's when I really feel someone cares... Whoever invented this, I'd let him invent the next probe, you know the one that has to go through your penis all the way to your prostate. This guy would nail it. These days it still like sending the Fitzcaraldo down there with the entire camera crew.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I think a nicer solution would be in-wall with gang boxes etc. Especially once the novelty of importance of cables etc. wears off. Since I damp mop my floors almost daily, wires on the floor are a pain.

Since I was a drywall man for 20 years, I could pull it off here pretty easily without leaving any evidence to the upgrade.

Superglue the cables to that removable wall hanger tape and route them on the walls with trick turns and such like a cable installation tech would situate it.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Since I damp mop my floors almost daily...
Your girls/wife must adore you and I must be very careful not to let my GF ever see this.:D:D:D I almost convinced her that since I do all the cooking and grocery stacking, that she's fine with cleaning the flat. Damn you.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Your girls/wife must adore you and I must be very careful not to let my GF ever see this.:D:D:D I almost convinced her that since I do all the cooking and grocery stacking, that she's fine with cleaning the flat. Damn you.
Nah, it's more sane than that. I hate washing floors. No carpet here just terrazzo. But I also like going without shoes and my son's cat still lives here and brings sand in. If I did not do this, my audio equipment and computer would be full of dust and all in the cooling fans/grilles. When I'm at my GF's, she doesn't let me clean or do my own laundry. Freaks me out someone else washing my clothes or dishes. I raised two boys on my own (and a nephew for a few in there) for 17 years. Had to keep the ship in shape so's not to have my weekends buried in chores. Old habits die hard. Now grandkids are here every day and they wreak havoc. Here in Florida, if you don't keep after it, bugs will move in. After working in an industrial shop all day in the heat, it's nice to shed the shoes and walk on cold terrazzo void of sand and kids debris. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis