Where to buy 10 Ga speaker Cable and advice on setting up RBH SX-T1/R

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The T1 comprises tweeters and mids, adding the 1010 bass cabinet makes the system a T2. Likewise you can make the whole thing a 10 ft tall monolith with dual bass cabs in a T3.
I thought Kurt had the T2 as linked in post #1. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for skimming or suing for false advertising! I see my mistake now. I have a 1010 SEN Passive Sub and assumed Kurt had one under each T1. This is harder to decipher than Star Wars Episode 2, 1, 9 and so on.

My mistake and my apologies. Thanks for your patience.

But you have to cut us some slack, your having listened with Walter had to be a total game changer!
He seems like a guy who only believes in limits in the context of breaking them!
It was Rick with the Sig 8s driven by an Integra rec'r and backed up by an Epik Empire that took the cake for loudest in-home listening experience. Walter would have had him beat but for the lowly 15 amp circuit he was plugged into. Rick's a sparky so he probably had two 20 amp lines going to the outlet behind the gear: just a guess. Rick said he hadn't ever had it that loud, before or after we all got together there. He had Markw's Maggies in a different room but wouldn't let us abuse the 2 channel Emo amp driving those. Those were nicer to listen to.

The Beolab5s were in a Bang&Olufsen store demo room. That was the loudest demo ever. Clarity wasn't a consideration and their room correction took something away from the tune but it wasn't a bad listening experience like some super efficient speakers Eddy of the Deck bought used for $25 a piece.

"Every amp, when begging for mercy, has its own, unique shriek of agony."
Walter knew a lot more about amps than I did. Bias is one thing but I think he evaluated amps by how hot they got as compared to a solar flare. I was new enough to the game that I didn't know about ATI amps and the like. I'm pretty sure he turned YAA on to Source Speakers too. As the OA pointed out about hearing damage, Walter had it but his 300 watt Cinepro had like 3db of headroom to compensate.

So, it wasn't a Lamborghini you two were test driving but a Lada. Yeah, no ... don't floor that. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I thought Kurt had the T2 as linked in post #1. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for skimming or suing for false advertising! I see my mistake now. I have a 1010 SEN Passive Sub and assumed Kurt had one under each T1. This is harder to decipher than Star Wars Episode 2, 1, 9 and so on.

My mistake and my apologies. Thanks for your patience.

It was Rick with the Sig 8s driven by an Integra rec'r and backed up by an Epik Empire that took the cake for loudest in-home listening experience. Walter would have had him beat but for the lowly 15 amp circuit he was plugged into. Rick's a sparky so he probably had two 20 amp lines going to the outlet behind the gear: just a guess. Rick said he hadn't ever had it that loud, before or after we all got together there. He had Markw's Maggies in a different room but wouldn't let us abuse the 2 channel Emo amp driving those. Those were nicer to listen to.

The Beolab5s were in a Bang&Olufsen store demo room. That was the loudest demo ever. Clarity wasn't a consideration and their room correction took something away from the tune but it wasn't a bad listening experience like some super efficient speakers Eddy of the Deck bought used for $25 a piece.

Walter knew a lot more about amps than I did. Bias is one thing but I think he evaluated amps by how hot they got as compared to a solar flare. I was new enough to the game that I didn't know about ATI amps and the like. I'm pretty sure he turned YAA on to Source Speakers too. As the OA pointed out about hearing damage, Walter had it but his 300 watt Cinepro had like 3db of headroom to compensate.

So, it wasn't a Lamborghini you two were test driving but a Lada. Yeah, no ... don't floor that. :D
I think those Empires were the best value, especially for music. When my amp failed and I went to crowns and applied a different transform to get the low end to take advantage of room gain and am still very happy. The Salk/Rythmiks in the other house are great too, but not for the price difference. Aesthetically the Salks rule ... Sound, they still rule. Wait I'm being partial a bit.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've known Kurt a long while and am just now starting to see that he's like a closet ADTG when ADTG was still ADTG if you know what I mean. Now ADTG is really RBH Guy. ;)
Now I'm really RbhYamahaJvcGuy. :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think those Empires were the best value, especially for music. When my amp failed and I went to crowns and applied a different transform to get the low end to take advantage of room gain and am still very happy. The Salk/Rythmiks in the other house are great too, but not for the price difference. Aesthetically the Salks rule ... Sound, they still rule. Wait I'm being partial a bit.
Did you get a special finish on the Salk Rythmiks?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Did you get a special finish on the Salk Rythmiks?
Ended up getting the matching finish to the Songs. The finish was final deciding factor to go with Jim for the subs.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis