Where do you find new music?

A

allsop4now

Audioholic Intern
The bi-monthly UK magazine Hi-Fi+ reviews various CD's, and the reviews are available on their homepage http://www.hifiplus.com/ (except for the current issue).

To each review there is also a score for the recording quality and a score for the musical content/performance.

A

allsop4now

Audioholic Intern
For information/reviews about new SACD releases the www.sa-cd.net site is great, in particular if you like classical music.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
DSOTM a capella

In cdbaby.com you can find Dark Side of the Moon complete sung a capella by a group called Vocomotion
Also a good source of music.

Matt34

Matt34

I remember trying pandora but my connection at the time wasn't fast enough for internet radio. I think Pandora is very cool so far.

Z

zheepeez

Audiophyte
The radio. As in, the old fashioned thing that people used to listen to. No, not net radio, radio as in The Rock FM or Radio Hauraki (which are both New Zealand stations). Not only do you find new music, but you also hear about music news (and ads, but nvm those).

Yesterday I was inspired to buy Contraband because of an interview with Slash. Great album too.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
I am fortunate to have access to Galaxie "EasyListening" (not exactly new music!) from my cable provider's digital service. Great music going to my good sound system.

The Galaxie service (from CBC in Canada) http://www.galaxie.ca/en/3/galaxie.html offers over 40 channels of music.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I've been downloading and searching for bands for 10 years now. Since million of users buy on Amazon, it is THE best place to look for new music of the same style. You type your band, they find all the albums and they they have the "you might also like..." and "similair artists" links. You can listend to all of them (in poor quality indeed) right on the spot. Simply idealistic!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Generally word of mouth is where I find out about most of my music. That and when I band I like is on tour I generally look into the bands they tour with. Not the most efficient ways of finding new music by the stuff I mainly listen to is a niche that not many like and probably won't ever become too popular.

E

Elbee

Audiophyte
Simple enough - how do you find out about new music? Is it a website? A magazine? TV? XM? FM? Do you actually go into a record store (remember those?) and flip through the discs?
Ok, I have the opposite question, but in the end it's the same: were do I place new music? I with new music I mean that the band/artist is also new.

Myspace was mentioned, ok now I have put it there, but how big is the change you will cross that page?

So same question: other side..

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Simple enough - how do you find out about new music? Is it a website? A magazine? TV? XM? FM? Do you actually go into a record store (remember those?) and flip through the discs?
From message boards that have threads with people posting what they are listening to "today".

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Lots of ways.

Method 1.) Futurshop and Best Buy Fliers. If I've not heard of them, I go check it out. Gotta alot that way.

Method 2.) I'm registered with allmusic.com and visit that site regularily.

Method 3.) Strolling in to music stores and looking around

Method 4.) Friends and word of mouth.

M

Martymilton

Enthusiast
I find a lot of new music from listening to the sample CDs at a local Borders Store. I find a lot of new music by female artists that way.

C

chucker1414

Enthusiast
One of the main places I always us for music is going to live shows anywhere and everywhere to hear new bands, since moving to Alaska live shows are few and far between. As stated by others pandora.com is really good but I also use Barnes & Noble and use their listening stations which you can pick bands you like and search for similar artists. I have found some golden nuggets this way. Don't lose faith, I have waded through tons of junk to find some good bands.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis