What's You're Best Hang-over Cure

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Would you believe I was in Nashville a couple of years ago and I had the chance to eat at White Castle!!!And my dumb-assed sister in law said: "nah, let's go somewhere else, I'm not in the mooooood" I wanted to cave her head in! But, since my wife was present (and kids) I bit my lip and had donuts instead.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Hangover preventative measures:

1. Eat before drinking
  2. Do not mix liquors (not because of any old wives tale but because people tend to know how much beer/wine/hard liquor they can drink but when you mix them, they lose track and overdrink)
  3. Last minute snacks are a BAD idea
  4. Drink plenty of water before bed
  5. Take a couple of painkillers of choice at the same time.
Hangover "cures" (there aren't really any but this is what I do):

1. Drink plenty of water
  2. Eat something sweet - a handful of M&M's does wonders
  3. Eat something greasy - When I lived in NO, it was shrimp po-boys and oysters on the half shell for lunch. After that you curl up into a fetal position for about an hour and then you are cured.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Good old...

stratman said:
Would you believe I was in Nashville a couple of years ago and I had the chance to eat at White Castle!!!And my dumb-assed sister in law said: "nah, let's go somewhere else, I'm not in the mooooood" I wanted to cave her head in! But, since my wife was present (and kids) I bit my lip and had donuts instead.
...belly bombs!!!

Tell me, Krispy-Kremes? Their retail stores here on LI are closing as quickly as they opened...Best one's I ever had were in Virginia somewhere outside Shennandoah NP...HOT DONUTS NOW!!! The NY ones just plain...well you know...

Haven't had any Castle burgers since mid-fall...Next time me and the missus visit le chateau blanc, I'll down a few extra in your honor...

jimHJJ(...pickle and ketchup, right?...)

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
Advil Liquid Gels! Those things are little blue miracle capsules. Take my word they are wonderful!

Oh yeah and White Castle...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Resident Loser said:
...belly bombs!!!

Tell me, Krispy-Kremes? Their retail stores here on LI are closing as quickly as they opened...Best one's I ever had were in Virginia somewhere outside Shennandoah NP...HOT DONUTS NOW!!! The NY ones just plain...well you know...

Haven't had any Castle burgers since mid-fall...Next time me and the missus visit le chateau blanc, I'll down a few extra in your honor...

jimHJJ(...pickle and ketchup, right?...)
Sir you are a gentleman and a scholar. Yes Krispy-Kremes, right off the fryer (really only reason I didn't whack her;) ) the donuts made up for the lack of burgers.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Seth=L said:
Pain killers are bad for you after drinking!:eek:
Drinking is bad for you. If you are hung over enough to need to "cures", painkillers are the least of your worries.

Matt34

Matt34

Water before bed and a couple Tylenol. If it's not too bad I go on a run in the morning too and "sweat it out".

The last time I had a hangover was in 2000 after my promotion party in Germany. Funneling German beer prior to the bar then everyone buying you shots plus more beer equals vomit all down the side of your buddies golf. I have some much crazier stories from Germany but those are best left unsaid.

I'm easy to please now, two jack and cokes or vodka/ redbulls and I'm in my happy zone.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Jehoshaphat!...

Matt34 said:
...two jack and cokes...
...you need to be charcoal-filtered and rolled into the barrel house!...That be Tennessee sippin' whiskey son...

jimHJJ(...always neat...if you must mix, try a drop or two of branch water...)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Matt34 said:
I go on a run in the morning too and "sweat it out".
Good one. Early morning yard work in the south (think lots of humidity) is a "rip the band-aid off" approach to a hangover. At first you feel like dieing, but by lunch, you're ready for a beer... theoretically...

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Resident Loser said:
...you need to be charcoal-filtered
Which also reminds me, most of these pill "cures" are just charcoal and/or vitamins. Supposed to soak up the toxins or something. I've never tried them.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
So, we've gone through a bunch of cures...

How about, we tell WHY we needed these cures. :D

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder who started the What's Your Favorite Brew thread?:rolleyes:

NYyankeeboi

NYyankeeboi

Junior Audioholic
I guess I am not the only one who woke up with a headache this morning, grrr. I just drink a lot of ice water, yes A LOT. No TV, just some chillout music or the XM chillout station and try to go back to sleep. I guess there's nothing you can do except let time pass.

Actually I should say this evening, I didn't crawl off my couch until 2PM, yes I have a bedroom, just well, never mind...lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis