Votes: 74 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 18 6.3%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Please choose your favorite brand of receiver and tell us why.

Note leave the flames for the Stream Vent Please.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
gene said:
Please choose your favorite brand of receiver and tell us why.

Note leave the flames for the Stream Vent Please.
I chose Harmon Kardan because for now they seem to offer the most comprehensive bass management even in their low to midpriced models.

Those who disagree with me are a bunch of @#$*&*#~>? who don't know their #$%$ from a @%#!!. So there. :D

But if I win the Yamaha 2500 I won't object!

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Mine is my favorite and always will be! Even if I switch models and manufacturers, mine will still always be the best. :rolleyes:

Jason

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
I know that brand "MINE" stands for "Made in North East"
I have a Yamaha 2400 and I will never change it for the 2500,2600,or the 2700 either. I am very pleased with it's performance and it's looks.

Attachments

Last edited:
P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Had to cast a vote for Onkyo. I like my TX-SR600.

F

footman

Junior Audioholic
yamaha

I choose yamaha. ease of use, reliability, functions, the ability to tailor sound and experiment with it utilizing dsp. rxv 1000, rxv3330.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Mr.T said:
I know that brand "MINE" stands for "Made in North East"
No...it stands for my receiver (aka-the best). Even though I only spent $83 on it, it's the best receiver ever, ever, ever. Nobody is going to tell me different.

Moronic thread if you ask me.

Jason

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
As my name suggests, Yamaha all the way but I also like Canton, Marantz, Accuphase, old SONY ES, old Pioneer Elite as well.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
Jason Coleman said:
No...it stands for my receiver (aka-the best). Even though I only spent $83 on it, it's the best receiver ever, ever, ever. Nobody is going to tell me different.

Moronic thread if you ask me.

Jason
Out of Moronic Posts, very often we get Moronic Threads. But I still like your receiver brand name "MINE"

Attachments

G

Grey Ghost

Audioholic Intern
My favorite is B&K......I had a few Yamaha's they make good ones also....

Grey Ghost :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I would have listed B&K, Mcintosh, etc but I could not figure out how to get more than 10 poll options. Since Clint is out of town, we are stuck :eek:

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
BOSE! Lifestyle System. There is a receiver in there some where? :p

(Cover's head and ducks down excepting a barrage (sp?) of insults.)

Shinerman

R

Redbone

Audioholic
NAD baby, the smoothest, cleanest, most dynamic power. Had the mid fi jap offerings and was not impressed with overall musical ability. Though Denon puts out a good product they do not make audiophile grade stuff, more H/T oriented than music. I for one don't think they are in the same league musicaly as Rotel, Arcam, NAD, B&K, McIntosh and others.

You will never find any of that mid Fi japanese stuff in a high end system, shall we say driving a pair of Focal Utopias or Dynaudio's.

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
I chose HK because I feel its the best bang for the buck. I have an AVR 330 and owned a 125 before that. I can not believe how loud these babies can get with how low of a rating they have. The sound quality is, at least in my opinion, the best you can get for the money. There products have always been reliable as well, never had a problem yet.

T

threewheel42

Audioholic Intern
brand of receiver...

Actually, I prefer not to use receivers when possible (I have Bryston amps and adcom pre for my music stereo)....but for HT, I think receivers are the way to go for simplicity and so as not to need an even larger cabinet for all the components....I liked my denon 3300 till it started to hiss in pro-logic mode...so right now, I would go Yamaha.

jim

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
I choose Yamaha because of it's reliability, price, sound quality, features and looking. I like Denon too, but it's very expensive here in Mexico City.

My Yamaha dealer here is a very nice person, always willing to help his costumers and explain every doubt with patience; i think the "brand loyalty"
is consuming me right now.

Once i had Onkyo equipment and it was very nice at that time (like 10 years ago) but now i think Onkyo's receivers are inferior in features, looking and in cost/bennefit index.

If i had to put it in a sentence it would be:

I have the impression that i get more of Yamaha for the money

D

dmlee57

Enthusiast
Love my Yamaha but...

I think that Onkyo is better looking (cosmetically) and the green LED is easier to read than the amber that Yamaha uses.

On a side note; I posed this question to the group a couple of years ago but never got any feedback.

Does anybody know of a brand of receiver that doesn't have a 'plastic' display cover. I mean, how hard would it be to have glass instead of plastic? The problem is that the first time that you forget and wipe off dust with a paper product, it permenently scatches your display.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I like Onkyo too. Mainly because I think they do a good job on the user-interface, unlike Yamaha, which in my opinion is overly complicated even for simple things. I've not had a single problem with any Onkyo I've owned over the years.

As far as sound quality, they are all relatively simiar. To me it comes down to looks, features (not too many like 50 sounds fields of Yamaha), and ease of use. Everyone has different preferences and that is why there are so many brands that have endured for decades...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis