What to pair with NAD T 758v3

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It’s quite horrific. It’s almost like they’re hoping you don’t like the speakers.
I don't think it's "horrific" just a sound business policy. It is not a place to shop to return things on a whim like you might with others (options that aren't even available in many countries at all). I always consider terms, tho. You want customer satisfaction type guarantee there are places to shop for such but may not be cost savings as significant as can be had at A4L. If you get defective goods and merely want an exchange, rather than just change your mind, then they're great IMO.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Many of us buy from AC4L -- and I will do it again -- I sure am not going to pay full price from some of these other places.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The R900's are really good speakers, if just a tiny bit bloated in the bass. If one has a sub to pick up the very lowest frequencies (below 25 to 30hz) so the R900's aren't trying to do something they can't, that's ideal.

I do wish Accessories4Less.com was better about return policies, but if you ask for Mark S he's the owner and a really good guy. Depending upon the situation, he's been known to bend a little. I've bought a fair bit of KEF product from them but because they're the sole dealer for KEF's 'B-stock' and "factory recertified" goods I've never had a problem with anything that made me want to make a return. I've bought a Q200c, a pair of Q300's, a set of Egg powered speakers, a Denon receiver, and more. Everything KEF has been in complete, as-new factory packaging.

I also do have an NAD T758 receiver that I'd bought almost 4 years ago now, and have over the years done the upgrades to make it a full 'v3' version with 4k video, BluOS, and Dolby Atmos. It powers my R500/R200c/R100/R50 5.1.2 system up to reference level in my 13-1/2' x 19' x 7'4" room. I would add a multichannel power amp if I actually listened at reference level, but I never do.

K

Karan Malhotra

Enthusiast
The R900's are really good speakers, if just a tiny bit bloated in the bass. If one has a sub to pick up the very lowest frequencies (below 25 to 30hz) so the R900's aren't trying to do something they can't, that's ideal.

I do wish Accessories4Less.com was better about return policies, but if you ask for Mark S he's the owner and a really good guy. Depending upon the situation, he's been known to bend a little. I've bought a fair bit of KEF product from them but because they're the sole dealer for KEF's 'B-stock' and "factory recertified" goods I've never had a problem with anything that made me want to make a return. I've bought a Q200c, a pair of Q300's, a set of Egg powered speakers, a Denon receiver, and more. Everything KEF has been in complete, as-new factory packaging.

I also do have an NAD T758 receiver that I'd bought almost 4 years ago now, and have over the years done the upgrades to make it a full 'v3' version with 4k video, BluOS, and Dolby Atmos. It powers my R500/R200c/R100/R50 5.1.2 system up to reference level in my 13-1/2' x 19' x 7'4" room. I would add a multichannel power amp if I actually listened at reference level, but I never do.
Perfect, I just got the walnut color for 999 a piece. Hope they have no issues. Do you know if I need to or should bi wire the speakers? Also, any need to add any additional power source / power protector like surge protection besides the NAD receiver?

Sounds like you have a great setup. I'll start with these two and then add a center piece later if there's a need. Given my room size though, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm happy with just this alone.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought 2 receivers from AC4L a couple, maybe 3 years ago and they arrived looking (and smelling) brand new. Both are still in operation.3 one in my setup and I sold the other to a buddy. Like was said earlier they're not a place you would want to routinely trial products you're on the fence with. I've never had issues, I think they made it right for @lovinthehd when something wasn't right with his order.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I thought you had bought the piano black ones. Must have been someone else. Mine are the walnut finish (true wood veneer) and I love it. I get a lot of compliments on them.

You'd find the majority here dismiss bi-wiring. I tested doing that with my T758 early on, and initially thought it made a difference. It did. I now had half as much spare speaker wire than I had before.

I just use a simple Belkin 12-outlet surge protector. I think it's a BP112230-08. Amazon, $30.56.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Perfect, I just got the walnut color for 999 a piece. Hope they have no issues. Do you know if I need to or should bi wire the speakers? Also, any need to add any additional power source / power protector like surge protection besides the NAD receiver?

Sounds like you have a great setup. I'll start with these two and then add a center piece later if there's a need. Given my room size though, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm happy with just this alone.
Bi wiring won't hurt anything (unless you forget to remove the jumpers) but there's no real benefit to it unless you're using under gauged cables. I currently have mine passive bi amped and I can't tell the difference. There really aren't any gains.

Additional power? It depends. I'm gonna lean toward probably not. It's not a huge space and those are fairly sensitive speakers. How far do you sit from them? Do you like to crank it up? Which receiver do you have again?

*Edit: I forgot your receiver is in the thread title... lol.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you had bought the piano black ones. Must have been someone else. Mine are the walnut finish (true wood veneer) and I love it. I get a lot of compliments on them.

You'd find the majority here dismiss bi-wiring. I tested doing that with my T758 early on, and initially thought it made a difference. It did. I now had half as much spare speaker wire than I had before.

I just use a simple Belkin 12-outlet surge protector. I think it's a BP112230-08. Amazon, $30.56.
I have my mains passive bi amped right now too. I'm just the type that can't leave well enough alone tho. The time in between taking the jumpers off and plugging in the other set of cables is long enough for me that I can't remember well enough to detect any subtle differences. Something a little more significant I think I could, but yeah. I don't hear it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bi wiring won't hurt anything (unless you forget to remove the jumpers) but there's no real benefit to it unless you're using under gauged cables. I currently have mine passive bi amped and I can't tell the difference. There really aren't any gains.

Additional power? It depends. I'm gonna lean toward probably not. It's not a huge space and those are fairly sensitive speakers. How far do you sit from them? Do you like to crank it up? Which receiver do you have again?
There are no jumpers to remove on later-model KEF Q, R, or Reference series that have the "Link" binding posts. You just snug the middle knobs clockwise for 'connected' (normal) or counterclockwise for 'unlinked' when bi-amping/bi-wiring.

Very convenient.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There are no jumpers to remove on later-model KEF Q, R, or Reference series that have the "Link" binding posts. You just snug the middle knobs clockwise for 'connected' (normal) or counterclockwise for 'unlinked' when bi-amping/bi-wiring.

Very convenient.
That is convenient.

Well in this case I guess it's "unless you forget to turn the middle knobs counter clockwise" then.

K

Karan Malhotra

Enthusiast
So this is my current setup - still a work in progress. KEF R900s + NAD 758v3, single wired. Can move the right speaker next to the TX too but makes the viewing angle hard (can't move my couch any further left)

Still deciding source between Qobuz or Amazon HD. Tidal sounds too processed and unnatural for some tracks on their Masters collection.

Attachments

K

Karan Malhotra

Enthusiast
This below pic shows the room layout and spacing better.. Not ideal but this is what I'm working with. Toed in the speakers a little bit and they sound cleaner and crisper.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
o_O

I like the setup with the speaker staring out the window.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis