What Sony PlayStation 4 Brings to Your Home Theater System

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Meh, so far (with the limited info available) the PS4 brings nothing to the table that I don't already have or want.

Steve

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
It's really the ingame mouse support that's the big one for me. i come from more competitive PC FPS, and it's a beautiful thing to imagine getting to play the PS3 network and at the same time aim as well as one can on PC.

But thnks for the tip on the keyboard, mang. Will have to try this out at the hang-out.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
With more and more "advancements" like keyboard+mouse consoles lose more and more appeal to me. They're just becoming slower and more restrictive computers really, which is why for me my wii gets busted out more than my ps3. If I want to sit down and game, my computer is the better option, but for chilling with friends the wii is quicker and more fun.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
It took some time but I made the transition from PC/Keyboard/Mouse to Console/Controller (XBox) and now I don't mind it at all playing FPS games. I haven't played a computer game in years, all console based now. I just hope the next gens will be a significant step forward hardware wise though the graphics certainly aren't bad on either the PS3/XBox 360.

Steve

W

woensl.itis

Audioholic
Yea, I was refering to the keyboard/mouse whilst gaming with friends.

I just don't see the level of playing seen in CS 1.6 or CoD4 promod ever getting to the joysticks.

If I was still really serious about PC gaming i'd invest more in a rig. I still run a MBP.
But the option for full support of Mouse/keyboard ingame will allow me to pwn some nubs whilst hanging out with MY nubs.

Online PC multiplayer is getting increasingly restrictive, as well, though. Almost none of the newer FPS games have really good competition rules or even dedicated servers. This sucks. I think it must just be way more profitable for companies like Treyarch to push their consumer base towards console gaming. But that is just a guess. It is at the very least much easier to control how the game is played by the consumer on console. (PC games are getting less and less configurable/modded)

On another note, it will be interesting to see how Leap Motion plays into all this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis