What power conditioner do I need for Denon avr-x6700h av receiver?

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Well I am going to stick to Tripp lite for now. I was curious to see if I had a whole home surge protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well I am going to stick to Tripp lite for now. I was curious to see if I had a whole home surge protection

A good quality surge protector for your audio, a separate one for your home office, turn them off when the storms come. That's all you need.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I think and I could be wrong but the OP should invite us all over to set his Audio Rig up and in turn cook us Dinner and Drinks.
I'll just stand out of the way and say LOOKS GOOD, PERFECT RIGHT THERE :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
A good quality surge protector for your audio, a separate one for your home office, turn them off when the storms come. That's all you need.
Don't turn the surge protector off, turn your gear off

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unplug your gear from the sockets is even better if you're talking lightning....that's what my EE and pro sound installer grandfather always did in lightning prone areas....

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
That makes sense.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Unplug your gear from the sockets is even better if you're talking lightning....that's what my EE and pro sound installer grandfather always did in lightning prone areas....
Aren't you on the Wrong Forum

itd_3d_ani_w60_smiles_041.gif

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Thank you gentlemen. I am signing out for now.

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Good bye gentlemen!

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for all the help and advice.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Aren't you on the Wrong Forum

View attachment 38685
What is it with you and meatballs? That's what I'd call your odd capitalization use if anything. If the electrical connections are still physically in place, electricity still has a path....and I'll take my grandfather's advice over yours any day. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Tip: Does a surge protector work even when it's off?
Answer. When you turn off a surge protector -- or suppressor, as some people call them -- it's virtually the same as unplugging it; it will save a small amount of energy and is a little safer in a storm than having the surge protector on. However, it's the best solution. Surge protectors are for dealing with normally fluctuating energy levels -- not lightning strikes. If a bad storm hits nearby, your best bet is to turn off all of your gadgets and then unplug the surge protector completely.
And yes, unplugging completely is the best. ;)

N

noclue

Audioholic
I have seen issue's with the poor grounding from a cable company be a issue, I had many thing get fried during a bad storm, only items that wear not working anymore had the Ethernet direct hooked to them I like direct better than wireless. There wear many many claims of damage from that storm.

The cable company said it was not there fault, everything was grounded correctly, I looked at it and disagreed, then later on I moved to Business type connection to get unlimited bandwidth.

When they looked at the connection they agreed it was set up wrong and not grounded and process a claim for me
Even with a high end surge protection i do not think it will save you if you get hit directly. Mother nature can be a pain at times.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis