What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Music Hall MMF-1.5. Purchased used but in very good condition. I do wish after all these years they had figured out a way for the dusk covers to not get so scratched up. It will drive me crazy and I will replace it. Darn thing is that I got such a good deal that a new cover is almost half as much as I paid for it.
1000019278.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Delivered today excellent condition. It will replace the same model in my bag that has a lot of face wear.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Music Hall MMF-1.5. Purchased used but in very good condition. I do wish after all these years they had figured out a way for the dusk covers to not get so scratched up. It will drive me crazy and I will replace it. Darn thing is that I got such a good deal that a new cover is almost half as much as I paid for it.
View attachment 66527
I hear you. I always ended up removing the dust cover. The table needing dusting but it still looked better IMO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 66527
That'll buff right out ;)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It really wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to get a "car headlight restoration" kit and buff that out.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
It really wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to get a "car headlight restoration" kit and buff that out.
Now that is awesome. I had never thought of that. Thanks Ken. I even think I have a kit around from the kids car.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Now that is awesome. I had never thought of that. Thanks Ken. I even think I have a kit around from the kids car.
I don't even use those kits. What I do is go to a non-chain type auto supply store that sells to body shops and I get the small packs of bonded abrasive (sandpaper) sheets in 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, and 2500 grit. Use each in linear strokes of one orientation until all the scratches are gone, then orient the next 90° to the previous. Get all the scratches gone, move to the next finer grit. After the 2500, Plast-X compound, hand buffed with a new microfiber cloth.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Site I bought some shirts for my grandson on had a St. Patrick's day sale. I picked this one up.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
This was ordered two weeks ago, came in at my dealer's place minutes after I left there Friday. I took the ride north today.

I recalled how I enjoyed the Audio Technical AT33Sa cartridge sounded for the first 6 months I had it...until I trashed the cantilever. That one sounds nice with it's new microline stylus but I longed to have a good Shibata stylus again.

Now I have it again! Wow! Crazy big soundstage. Audio memory is fleeting, but this does seem better than the AT33Sa ever was.

ART9XA Box.jpg

ART9XA In Situ.jpg

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 66527
Nice looking TT. :)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
This was a gift from my youngest son for my birthday. (I typically give them a list for guidance as I'm terrible to buy something for.)

I thought I'd stretch myself outside of my typical Rock / Blues/Pop universe. And I wanted another Atmos disk at the same time. The review were good so I'm looking forward to hearing it this week
I'm only part way into the Concert but dam the bass was overwhelming. I typically have my Subs set at +4 each after Audyessy 32 is finished with the Atmos system's set up. But after about the second or third performance I had to throttle it back to +2. So far I'm liking the show and the Atmos sound mix is superb.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
That's quite a haul!
Al Stewart's “Nostradamus” and the beautifully haunting “Roads to Moscow” are classics, as are some of the Grand Funk tunes. On the Canadian Rock collection there's some gems like High School Confidential, Patio Lanterns, and there's even a hit by Klaatu. I could go on and on. You definitely scored with this haul.

By the way, One of my Brothers can still recite the whole Alice's Restaurant. He used to listen to it and sing along for months & months. It is one of his favorites.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, some gems in there. Shaman and Robbie Robertson get a lot of play in our household.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Drove a 292 mile round trip from my home in south-centra Massachusetts to New Rochelle NY this morning to fetch a Luxman EQ-500 phono stage that popped up a second or third time on US Audiomart.

No question that it was the right move for ME. I needed to have one good phono amp that has (at least) 2 inputs as I have two turntables and use them both. I needed at least 65dB of gain because 60dB in my Musical Surroundings Phenomena II+ was barely working with two cartridges I have with about 0.2mV output. Lastly, I want ALL the settings and controls on the front because my cable management and location of the unit made things a royal PITA to turn the unit around and juggle a light and a magnifier to fidget with two separate DIP switch pods for each channel when switching between a MM and MC cartridge.

The Phenomena II+ got a bit noisy and "shouty" with certain cartridges. That is now completely gone! Everything is now just smooth as melting butter and even more detail at the same time. Plus it sure is pretty to my eyes.
EQ-500_racked.jpg

EQ-500_Meters.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Drove a 292 mile round trip from my home in south-centra Massachusetts to New Rochelle NY this morning to fetch a Luxman EQ-500 phono stage that popped up a second or third time on US Audiomart.

No question that it was the right move for ME. I needed to have one good phono amp that has (at least) 2 inputs as I have two turntables and use them both. I needed at least 65dB of gain because 60dB in my Musical Surroundings Phenomena II+ was barely working with two cartridges I have with about 0.2mV output. Lastly, I want ALL the settings and controls on the front because my cable management and location of the unit made things a royal PITA to turn the unit around and juggle a light and a magnifier to fidget with two separate DIP switch pods for each channel when switching between a MM and MC cartridge.

The Phenomena II+ got a bit noisy and "shouty" with certain cartridges. That is now completely gone! Everything is now just smooth as melting butter and even more detail at the same time. Plus it sure is pretty to my eyes.
View attachment 66604
View attachment 66605
Wow. That is a serious piece of gear and should be an endgame item like your integrated. Such an amazing setup. Thanks for sharing the progress.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis