What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
That's a sweet deal. Interested to hear what you think of it compared to your ToneWinner unit.
It won't be here until next Wednesday now, seller took his sweet time shipping it.

That aside, I'm really hoping that it is the step up I think it's going to be. I'd really hate to have spent that much to find out that I should have stayed with the TW unit. I'm keeping the TW for now, I figure I can always sell the AVM 70 easily enough if I don't think it was worth the upgrade.

I'll post a comparison thread about them once I get the AVM 70 all dialed in.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a Revolve+ and use it all the time. It wouldn't be a replacement for a critical listening system, but that's not what it is for. Its job is just to fill a room with sound and it does that very well, lasts a long time and gets pretty loud for its size. It goes with me in the garage when working on the car or wherever we want some extra sound.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Got the upgrade bug. Found a new/used Anthem AVM70 on Canuck Audio Mart for 1700$ less than full retail. Decided to bite the bullet on it and make the purchase. Should be here this week some time. Will post pics when it arrives.
Wow $1700 less is a steal

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
☀Off today so thought I'd share. All $1-2 each. TS CD haul from the last couple of months. I need to rip these to Flac for my portable audio players. Marc Anthony is new bought at Wally and Emmylou Harris 5.1 was bought used on ebay.
IMG_20220812_122525_(1527_x_3000_pixel).jpg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
She arrived yesterday. I was busy all day though and didn't have time to unpack her. What a beautiful beast :p
20220818_183914.jpg

I got her hooked up, but not set up yet. I'll play with her tomorrow. Everything was brand new in the box. As you can see from the picture, the plastic wasn't even removed form the face plate. Remote was still sealed, as were the antenna and power cord.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
My, Cajun friend got me this new paddle to go with my pearow boat I will be trading for. We got a lot of big cats down here, but they really just big raccoons. I keep telling my friends to get they glasses fixed. I can't wait to try out my new paddle going to be a lot of fun paddling down the bayou with my Cajun friends.
IMG_20220819_042113514~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220819-041955~2.png

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
That's a sweet deal. Interested to hear what you think of it compared to your ToneWinner unit.
Initial impressions without having done anything (just connected all the wiring/cables)......WOW. What a sweet unit. It's going to blow the socks off of the ToneWinner. It should for the price though. I'll get it all dialed in over the weekend here.

CreoleDC

CreoleDC

Junior Audioholic
Initial impressions without having done anything (just connected all the wiring/cables)......WOW. What a sweet unit. It's going to blow the socks off of the ToneWinner. It should for the price though. I'll get it all dialed in over the weekend here.
How about starting you own thread when you do get it setup. Many here on AH, have esquiring minds. Buying a new AVR can be fun. Enjoy your new toy.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Waiting on a few more items now…

Should get a set of the new Sennheiser Momentum 4’s on the 25th.

Meanwhile in the non-mobile headphone realm, I picked up a JDS Atom+ stack.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Yes, I'm a heretic for not actually stacking them :p

Atoms.jpg

Initial thoughts, very quiet. Not really pushing power at the moment, just listening to Desolation Row at a moderate volume on my pair of Sennheiser 560S'.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I'm a heretic for not actually stacking them :p

View attachment 57481

Initial thoughts, very quiet. Not really pushing power at the moment, just listening to Desolation Row at a moderate volume on my pair of Sennheiser 560S'.
Hey, you could be like me and have two units that are totally mismatched. One's a square, the other is like yours in a more normal chassis.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I few weeks back I bought a Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner. I cleaned just shy of 90 records with it and found it not to be all that effective at cleaning up the clicks and pops. It washed the records well but did not truly clean out the grooves like it claimed. Not only was it an extremely expensive device that did so little improvement, the digital display flipped upside down on various occasions and the clean times were SOOOOOO long it drove me crazy.

The records looked and felt really nice though. However, I had to return it. I've officially given up on vinyl. What a waste of a hobby that is going in new.

degritter_black_front.jpg

I have a review video on my channel but I won't link it here.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I few weeks back I bought a Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner. I cleaned just shy of 90 records with it and found it not to be all that effective at cleaning up the clicks and pops. It washed the records well but did not truly clean out the grooves like it claimed. Not only was it an extremely expensive device that did so little improvement, the digital display flipped upside down on various occasions and the clean times were SOOOOOO long it drove me crazy.

The records looked and felt really nice though. However, I had to return it. I've officially given up on vinyl. What a waste of a hobby that is going in new.

View attachment 57490

I have a review video on my channel but I won't link it here.
Bummed to know that it gave you so much heartache. I have thought from time to time of rescuing my Dad's old Dual and getting it refurbished. But I have no Vinyl, and no desire to start collecting it.
You ever get the feeling that its just a Status symbol in many regards? ;)

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Bummed to know that it gave you so much heartache. I have thought from time to time of rescuing my Dad's old Dual and getting it refurbished. But I have no Vinyl, and no desire to start collecting it.
You ever get the feeling that its just a Status symbol in many regards? ;)
I bought into vinyl because I wanted the physicality of it. The packaging, the included materials and collectibles. 2 out of every 10 records would sound great and the odds drove me mad trying to improve them. Unfortunately, there are very few "new" records worth buying and that's only if someone is on a mission to have an all analog experience. A large percentage of records are digitally sourced and it's impossible to know without intensive research or the label says so. I simply give up.

If you have some classic gear that can be refurbed, do it and sell it. Put that money towards something.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you have some classic gear that can be refurbed, do it and sell it. Put that money towards something.
Thought about it, for certain. Might just wait for the Old Man to kick...
Uncertain what the value of a refurbished Dual would be... just haven't researched it. (It's not their top model, but second from top, dating back to the '60s IIRC

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
And the momentum 4’s arrived. Pic next to the original momentums.
Initial thoughts: these are pretty good, comfy too. I don’t consider myself golden eared, but they sound reasonably neutral to me, aside from a punchy low end which I’m not going to whine about.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis