What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Getting the AC worked on in my truck. Not as fun.

This shop just can't figure it out
Ugh, I hear ya. In the beginning of the month I had smoke coming from my exhaust. First dealer could find nothing wrong. Asked them to check turbos, they said they did. Brought it to a second dealer (all of 5 days later). Replaced turbos and water pump! The turbo seals had failed and oil was leaking into the compressor side of things.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ugh, I hear ya. In the beginning of the month I had smoke coming from my exhaust. First dealer could find nothing wrong. Asked them to check turbos, they said they did. Brought it to a second dealer (all of 5 days later). Replaced turbos and water pump! The turbo seals had failed and oil was leaking into the compressor side of things.
That's the problem. So many mechanics/dealers/service dept are incompetent or don't want to work on things. This shop is trying, but they're also trying to be fast because I've taken it to them so many times for this. After this I'll just have to be my own warranty station. Truck is long out of warranty anyway so I just need to learn everything about it, or find a shop that already knows. That's not easy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not quite audioholic, but man it is a time saver. App control/monitoring cat Litter Robot - Connected. They put bluetooth/wifi on anything now!! If it had speakers it would be perfect. I was at CES 2012 when they first launched this idea, finally broke open the piggy bank!

catbox.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not quite audioholic, but man it is a time saver. App control/monitoring cat Litter Robot - Connected. They put bluetooth/wifi on anything now!! If it had speakers it would be perfect. I was at CES 2012 when they first launched this idea, finally broke open the piggy bank!

View attachment 49281
So now your cat can troll you wirelessly! LOL.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the following three albums.. I know there is a lot of hate on for this band because they sound much like Led Zeppelin at first listen. However, I'm starting hear things in their music that are not so Led Zeppelin like and am coming to appreciate their sound. From a musicality POV, they are tight with a poop ton of talent. I haven't heard good vocals like this since Robert Plant.

1626967913467.png

1626968186689.png

1626968218768.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I bought the following three albums.. I know there is a lot of hate on for this band because they sound much like Led Zeppelin at first listen. However, I'm starting hear things in their music that are not so Led Zeppelin like and am coming to appreciate their sound. From a musicality POV, they are tight with a poop ton of talent. I haven't heard good vocals like this since Robert Plant.

View attachment 49306
View attachment 49307
View attachment 49308
Been loving these guys for long time. First song I heard was a cover of Adele’s rolling in the deep. Very talented bunch of guys.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 49306
View attachment 49307
View attachment 49308
I guess it's sort of the same thing with Wolfmother. Some of their stuff sounds 100% unique, but there are a LOT of things they do that sound just like Black Sabbath of the early 70's. I love it.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Haven't posted here in a bit, but the Mergers and Acquisitions department has been a little busy.

Parasound NC2125 for the living room:

IMG_20210722_2106585_copy_1622x1216.jpg

Baby brother of the NC2250 I have upstairs, but it's beyond perfect for the DefTechs in the living room. Watched Love and Monsters earlier this week when I had the house to myself, and had a blast. When my Pomeranian has to hide in the bedroom while I'm watching a movie, life is good.

Genesis Physics Model 20's (restoration project):

IMG_20210722_2109563_copy_1216x1622.jpg

IMG_20210722_2110504_copy_1216x1622.jpg

Only paid $40 for these. Cabinets are in great shape; seller even had the boxes. I've already ordered foam for the woofers and passive radiators, new capacitors, and new binding posts, And I'm still just $100 all in. Hopefully the drivers are all good once I get them up and running.

Allison CD-9's:

IMG_20210722_2258480_copy_1216x1622.jpg

IMG_20210722_2258370_copy_1216x1622.jpg

Wait, you ask, didn't he already have a pair of CD-9's?

Why yes, I certainly did! And for 6 months I regretted selling them! And wouldn't you know it, the guy who bought them from me listed them for sale a couple weeks ago because of WAF? So I bought 'em back!!!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
added a couple books and vinyl LP to my Hitchcock collection!
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Luxman_R351-P100.jpg

Bought the top piece, a Luxman P100 belt drive, fully automatic TT for $60, then for $40 I got a brand new Ortofon OMP10 cartridge for it. The cartridge it had on it when I bought it was an OMP20, but the stylus was broken off. Thought I was just getting a hard-to-find older style stylus, tuns out it was the whole cartridge.

This completes the set I'm selling. Luman P100 TT, Luxman R351 receiver, Sony CDP-CE500 changer, Bluesound Node 2i streamer, KEF Q300 speakers, Paradigm A26 stands, and I'll even throw in a MCS dual-well cassette deck.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Haven't posted here in a bit, but the Mergers and Acquisitions department has been a little busy.

View attachment 49323

Baby brother of the NC2250 I have upstairs, but it's beyond perfect for the DefTechs in the living room. Watched Love and Monsters earlier this week when I had the house to myself, and had a blast. When my Pomeranian has to hide in the bedroom while I'm watching a movie, life is good.

Genesis Physics Model 20's (restoration project):

View attachment 49324

View attachment 49325

Only paid $40 for these. Cabinets are in great shape; seller even had the boxes. I've already ordered foam for the woofers and passive radiators, new capacitors, and new binding posts, And I'm still just $100 all in. Hopefully the drivers are all good once I get them up and running.

Allison CD-9's:

View attachment 49326

View attachment 49327

Wait, you ask, didn't he already have a pair of CD-9's?

Why yes, I certainly did! And for 6 months I regretted selling them! And wouldn't you know it, the guy who bought them from me listed them for sale a couple weeks ago because of WAF? So I bought 'em back!!!
jesus christ
what is it with this waf thing?!
do these guys work for her father?!
they have him by the balls she has one and her father has the other?!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 49358

Bought the top piece, a Luxman P100 belt drive, fully automatic TT for $60, then for $40 I got a brand new Ortofon OMP10 cartridge for it. The cartridge it had on it when I bought it was an OMP20, but the stylus was broken off. Thought I was just getting a hard-to-find older style stylus, tuns out it was the whole cartridge.

This completes the set I'm selling. Luman P100 TT, Luxman R351 receiver, Sony CDP-CE500 changer, Bluesound Node 2i streamer, KEF Q300 speakers, Paradigm A26 stands, and I'll even throw in a MCS dual-well cassette deck.
Seeing about your "selling" this to your lady friend just leaves me with a lot of questions....but generally all good ones :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Seeing about your "selling" this to your lady friend just leaves me with a lot of questions....but generally all good ones :)
She's the widow of a really good friend who dropped dead while riding his motorcycle home from an event near me. I was surprised she saw the "ad" I put up on my FB page, and contacted me right way. It wasn't even a FB Marketplace ad, just an offer to family & friends. I was offering the whole set described, including a matching Luxman K-351 auto-reversing cassette deck that I added AFTER I posted it, for $650.

She said "I don't do streaming or any of that digital stuff", so didn't want the Node 2i. I sold her every but that for $450 delivered, installed and tested. She has plenty of vinyl, cassettes and CD's. Now I can sell the Bluesound Node 2i for a decent price.

No worries about anything sketchy going on. I love my wife of nearly 41 years very much. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
She's the widow of a really good friend who dropped dead while riding his motorcycle home from an event near me. I was surprised she saw the "ad" I put up on my FB page, and contacted me right way. It wasn't even a FB Marketplace ad, just an offer to family & friends. I was offering the whole set described, including a matching Luxman K-351 auto-reversing cassette deck that I added AFTER I posted it, for $650.

She said "I don't do streaming or any of that digital stuff", so didn't want the Node 2i. I sold her every but that for $450 delivered, installed and tested. She has plenty of vinyl, cassettes and CD's. Now I can sell the Bluesound Node 2i for a decent price.

No worries about anything sketchy going on. I love my wife of nearly 41 years very much. ;)
Wasn't aware of your marital status, just thought it could be interesting for an older gentleman paving the way with good audio :) I wouldn't call it "sketchy" one way or the other myself....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

View attachment 49323

I thought Love and Monsters was a lot of fun, but I like to root for the nerdy guy. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis