What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I bought this for my ankle I don't even know how! It cost yet

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Some new posters of movies and albums I like to decorate the house. Always wanted to do that but never did until now.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some new posters of movies and albums I like to decorate the house. Always wanted to do that but never did until now.
No pics? Come on dude. :D

Got a little haul at the thrift store. Some vinyl and one CD. The steal of the day is the stackable wood lifters(for a little project later on) for $5 bucks! These cost $30 on the Zon.
06D9EE00-F978-4272-B42E-97052DDB53BE.jpeg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Allison CD-9s!

IMG_20200814_1804352_copy_1216x1216.jpg

The good: Cabinets are in good shape, other than some scratching on the tops. Unlike the DCM's, they aren't shrouded in dry-rotted foam so I don't have to work on them outdoors.

The bad: Woofers need re-foaming. Not really a big deal. The refoam kit is less than $30 and I already have it on the way.

IMG_20200814_1805130_copy_1216x1216.jpg

The ugly: While driving them home (flat on their backs in my car), the magnet fell off one of the midrange domes. :oops: I didn't see any voice coil damage, so I'm hoping it fell off straight and didn't rub/scrape the VC and everything works once I epoxy it back together. Fingers crossed!

IMG_20200814_1804479_copy_1216x1216.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

The big multi-billion dollar company who owns the apartment complex (along with a handful of others plus a shopping center!), recently installed a new front entry door in my apartment to replace a 35 year old door. To make a long story shorter, the door sub contractors did a seemingly great job hanging the new door, at first it opened / closed silently and stayed open when desired. Then after a couple of months developed annoying squeaky hinges. So those workers did not lubricate the pins it seems. Those pins were in tight, I could not remove them with tools on hand. Found these on Walmart and Amazon, made in the USA, Amazon was a whopping 20 cents cheaper! 3500 psi striking force. A few snaps and I removed one pin, lubed it up, next on the the other two!

IMG_2799.jpeg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The big multi-billion dollar company who owns the apartment complex (along with a handful of others plus a shopping center!), recently installed a new front entry door in my apartment to replace a 35 year old door. To make a long story shorter, the door sub contractors did a seemingly great job hanging the new door, at first it opened / closed silently and stayed open when desired. Then after a couple of months developed annoying squeaky hinges. So those workers did not lubricate the pins it seems. Those pins were in tight, I could not remove them with tools on hand. Found these on Walmart and Amazon, made in the USA, Amazon was a whopping 20 cents cheaper! 3500 psi striking force. A few snaps and I removed one pin, lubed it up, next on the the other two!

View attachment 38933
Nice!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

She didn't buy it, but my wife let this mosquito in when she came home with groceries tonight. I chased it through the house before I finally squashed it, saving myself at least a pint of blood. :oops:

IMG-20200825-WA0000_copy_1081x1622.jpeg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

One of these ought to work for refreshing those. Worth doing, and not difficult.

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/allison-speaker-repair-foam-edge-kits.html
That's the one I bought. I worked on the refoam yesterday.

Got the old foam off with some struggle. The old adhesive put up a fight but I did the best I could.

IMG_20200825_1835381_copy_1216x1216.jpg

Pretty sure the CD9's spent some time in a dank spot. A little rust on the frame, and some of the frontal screws had rust on their heads too.

Few hours later I had them redone and glue all dried:

IMG_20200825_2206287_copy_1216x1216.jpg

Unnnnnnnfortunately, one is rubbing a little bit. It must have drifted off center while the frame glue was drying. the other seems perfectly centered.

Looks like I should have tried these, since they come with voice coil shims and dust caps:

I've read a few tricks to nudge the VC, which I will try tonight hopefully. If I can't get the one to align I'll have to buy the Midwest kit and try again.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^ They look pretty good. Hopefully you will get better results. Must be a fun project.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Well now I've done it, dropped a dime and bought a pair of these. Ordered them on Aug. 24, arrived on Aug 29! (two days earlier than expected!) Got the $100 discount by ordering direct from SVS, I think Crutchfield only offered $50 to $100 off certain SVS models.

IMG_2826.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Allison CD-9s!

View attachment 38884

The good: Cabinets are in good shape, other than some scratching on the tops. Unlike the DCM's, they aren't shrouded in dry-rotted foam so I don't have to work on them outdoors.

The bad: Woofers need re-foaming. Not really a big deal. The refoam kit is less than $30 and I already have it on the way.

View attachment 38885

The ugly: While driving them home (flat on their backs in my car), the magnet fell off one of the midrange domes. :oops: I didn't see any voice coil damage, so I'm hoping it fell off straight and didn't rub/scrape the VC and everything works once I epoxy it back together. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 38886
Nice! I had a pair of Allison six cubes a long time ago and they sure sounded good in a small apartment. Had them on some Bose 901 stands so they looked good too. I always liked the "Allison" sound. Good luck restoring them. :)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
AC INFINITY AIRCOM S8 COOLER!!!...it sucks heat from the bottom and blows it out back!! Now, my receiver stays cool and I can also stack my blu-ray/sacd player on top of it!!! Prior to this cooler, I was unable to stack anything on top of it (for fear of overheating)

I also got a second one for my Class A power amplifier. You can easily cook your Jimmy Deans on top of this hot beast in the morning. Hopefully, this cooler will keep things a tad bit cooler and prolong component lifespan.

OMG, OMG, OMG.....What a wonderful day!

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis