What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My company managing over $60bil, but too cheap to continue paying $30-60/month for IT support staff cellphone service :mad:. So after a bit over two years, I need to fetch my own device.
Short version I went with Galaxy S10+ from eBay for $500. Advertised as Open box, Hopefully, it should be in like-new condition.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought a used Yamaha RX-A3060 for $1200. The person selling it had it hooked up for me so ..PS4 in, display out to the TV powering two speakers. We cycled through the HDMI inputs to mak everything worked. I brought the beast home last night, downloaded the manual and began reading. He had the YPAO mic but did not have the base or pillar nor did he have the AM/FM antennas. I'm going to call Yamaha today inquiring about these pieces.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Meade Instruments Series 4000 MoonFilter: ND96 , Black - 7531

Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC

$9.85

Good price and good match for my Meade Series 4000 Super Plossl eyepieces...
I have found that the adjustable version is much more useful!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks I didn't even know about adjustable filters...
Yup, it is a pair of polarizing lenses, as you rotate them, the amount of light coming through varies.

Extremely useful for dialing in a good view of the moon!

Also, you would be surprised at what you can see with a good set of binoculars!

Maybe we should start an astronomy thread over in the steam vent.

I have a 6" Dob Reflector, an 80mm "go scope" refractor, and a 90mm Meade ETX OTA (need to figure out a solid mount for it). Eventually, I would like to go all in with a ~$2500 computerized scope in the 10" range or so......just not ready to spend those kind of $ on that hobby right now. Maybe when I retire and have more time to truly enjoy it and get my $ out of it.

To me, stargazing is very much one of my zen places.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A couple of recent fleabay purchases. Some arrived already and some on the way. MI movies will give the Velodyne some rockin'.
IMG_20200206_124454_736.jpg

IMG_20200206_124428_437.jpg

IMG_20200206_124409_875.jpg

IMG_20200206_124339_622.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Totally unrelated to audio I purchased my wife's valentine day present, a bottle of a fragrance that she really liked. She made it very easy for me to figure out this year as every time she would wear the sample I got her she'd remark on how much she liked it and ask how expensive it was. I also grabbed a few new samples for myself to check out.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, it is a pair of polarizing lenses, as you rotate them, the amount of light coming through varies.

Extremely useful for dialing in a good view of the moon!

Also, you would be surprised at what you can see with a good set of binoculars!

Maybe we should start an astronomy thread over in the steam vent.

I have a 6" Dob Reflector, an 80mm "go scope" refractor, and a 90mm Meade ETX OTA (need to figure out a solid mount for it). Eventually, I would like to go all in with a ~$2500 computerized scope in the 10" range or so......just not ready to spend those kind of $ on that hobby right now. Maybe when I retire and have more time to truly enjoy it and get my $ out of it.

To me, stargazing is very much one of my zen places.
NICE! I have 2 Celestron refractors a 60 and 100 MM. I'm going to give the 60 to my sister as their grandkids will love it. And I have a decent set of Celestron 10x50 binoculars which work very well. Not sure if I want to upgade yet as I just bought the Meade Plossls for my 100 refractor. If and when I do upgrade it will probably be an 8 or 10 inch DOB. Thanks Man!

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Got myself a new fragrance too:

and a couple of surge protectors, which are nowhere near as exciting...

John Galt

John Galt

Junior Audioholic
Just upgraded these components:

- Upgraded from Denon 2312CI to X3500H (half price deal since 2018 model)
- New SVS SB-3000 sub
- New Outlaw 2200 monoblocks (finally have pre-outs ;) (3 for the price of two deal)
(sig has the rest)

Very happy with the upgrades. The SB-3000 added a lot of bass, the old SB-12 NDS is a great sub but was gracefully hitting the limiter too much. Dual subs is great, especially with Audyssey XT32 on the 3500. XT32 is really powerful for dual sub setups, it calibrates them both individually and as a pair.

Outlaw monoblock for LR let’s me play really loud for long periods. The 2312 would go into protect mode if I really pushed it (683 S2s are known to work better with dedicated powerful amps) so I took advantage of the new pre-outs on the 3500 and got some beefy amps to feed the power hungry B&Ws.

New 12 gauge wires with nice banana connectors. I should have done this years ago. I tried some Monoprice banana connectors years ago and hated them (I’m sure they have good ones) but I really like the Mediabridge Banana Plugs - Corrosion-Resistant 24K Gold-Plated Connectors - 6 Pair/12 Banana Plugs (Part# SPC-BP2-6) I bought from Amazon.

Tripp Lite ISOBAR surge protector upgrade on several components.

Nice to have 4k video switching, Audyssey XT32, dual subs, and real dedicated amps. Got it all dialed in today and I’m very pleased with the upgrades.

Listened to Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms remaster on Amazon Prime, Airplayed directly to the Denon tonight. First time I’ve listened to the entire album in many years, and now I know the upgrade is complete.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some thrift store, Fleabay and Big Lots finds. The whole Star Trek movie Trilogy in Blu-ray for only 5 bucks, whoa couldn't resist.
IMG_20200208_100312_959.jpg

IMG_20200208_100455_233.jpg

IMG_20200208_101553_286.jpg

Last edited:
XDM

XDM

Enthusiast
Bowers & Wilkins 607, but there's barely any real reviews (with measurements) of these / in a home cinema context... They sound fine to my more or less untrained ears though.

Dali Zensor 3 as a center speaker, but am thinking about finding 2 more Dali Zensor 3s (second hand probably since they're out of production) and maybe using these as mains and the Bowers & Wilkins 607s as surround channels? Not sure yet.
Unfortunately it's positioned horizontally under my screen, and not able to angle it towards ear level yet because my screen is standing right on top of it... Maybe I should buy two angled stands, one under the speaker to angle it upwards, and then another one for on top of the speaker to 'undo' the angle and put my screen on that.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Now all you need is to find the other 3 movies in the Star Trek series for 5 bucks! Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Final Frontier, The Undiscovered Country.
Funny you said that searching for it on eBay. Weird that they didn't include the first movie in this collection.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis