What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had helped a motorcycling friend by making some custom parts for him, and he offered me some "paddock stands" as returning the favor. I went to pick those up this morning and he gifted me this Direct Disc Recording from Crystal Clear Records of San Francisco. But the jacket and the disk itself in perfect condition!
Charlie_Byrd_DDR.jpg

Charlie_Byrd_DDR.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Traded in the Falcon F20 by Travel Light as I found it too small to be used for a seasonal site. We now own a Grand Design Transcend 31RLS . Its big enough now to eb able to bring our dogs along instead of forkingout money to have them baby sat.

1561393768748.png

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Traded in the Falcon F20 by Travel Light as I found it too small to be used for a seasonal site. We now own a Grand Design Transcend 31RLS . Its big enough now to eb able to bring our dogs along instead of forkingout money to have them baby sat.

View attachment 29936
That's pretty awesome. Some day I'll grab something like that. I want one that has a toy hauler as well.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My day off Monday, went to the used record store.

Will clean them before play!
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2012.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Recently had my 45 year employment anniversary at work, I chose this as my gift.
Sennheiser HD 660 S headphones.
IMG_2014.JPG

These were free (have seen them online for around $500), I'll compare with my other free TASCAM $99 'phones to hear what a $400 difference makes! :cool:

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I've got my new Samsung 2TB SSD installed in my old 2012 Mac Mini server (Intel quad-i7) to replace my dual 1TB drive RAID 0 configuration that was 7 years old and probably going to get disk errors sooner rather than later.... 500MB/sec now (was 220MB/sec sequential) with much faster random access. Wheee. :D

That should keep my whole house media server running for years to come, hopefully. I was going to install a 5TB spinner in the second drive bay, but it turned out it needed SATA power connections, which the Mini doesn't have (it was also double height which might not have fit. Never got that far since I saw it needed power). I'll have to get an external case for it or something. I threw one of the old 1TB drives in that second bay for media file manipulations, etc. Oh what fun trying to get the Wifi antenna cover back on (it just didn't want to line up perfectly for some unknown reason. The screw hole on either side would be off just a tiny bit while the other side seemed perfectly lined up and both ends looked like they were in place. I must have spent an hour playing with that before I somehow got it to line up). Otherwise, it went fairly smoothly. A bit like working with a notebook as it uses notebook sized parts.

2channel lover

Recently had my 45 year employment anniversary at work, I chose this as my gift.
View attachment 29973
These were free (have seen them online for around $500), I'll compare with my other free TASCAM $99 'phones to hear what a $400 difference makes! :cool:
Congrats on 45 yrs! Well deserved!

2channel lover

Small yard so I was content hand watering it, but my wife's desire for annuals every spring and fall just wore me out dragging the hose out everyday to get them started. A couple of weeks ago it was bone dry, I had enough. Installed irrigation this week.

IMG_2203 (3).JPG

Freakin weed control contractor burned my darn grass...said it was my fault because I didn't water...fired him...taking it back over myself. By end of Jul the grass should be back looking like this pic below.
yard1.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
View attachment 29973
Nice! Congrats on doing 45 at the same company and I bet you do hear a difference.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Another Staff of Ra Medallion has arrived (McGuffin #1 or is it #2 seeing it's V2.0 by Brian's Fine Arts or "BrianFarts" for short :p ....looks GREAT at first, eh? Lots of detail in the feathers....

McGuffin Front S.jpg

And you can easily tell the bird's arms are actually the top-down view of the angels from the top of the Ark of the Covenant in this one....

McGuffin Back S.jpg

UNTIL..... You realize.....

McGuffin Compare Staff of Ra S.jpg

It's JUMBO sized! Who ordered the Biggie Fries to go with the Biggie Medallion??? o_O

The first rule of Carpenter Club is MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE dammit!!! :D

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Picked up an AudioQuest Pearl 1M HDMI + Ethernet and a Monster Cable HDMI Ultra Highspeed 900 4 ft cable this weekend. I know, expensive cables are a waste of money but these ones were purchased new in sealed packaging at an estate sale for a grand total of $3.00. I suspect at that price they are worth the risk...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Picked up an AudioQuest Pearl 1M HDMI + Ethernet and a Monster Cable HDMI Ultra Highspeed 900 4 ft cable this weekend. I know, expensive cables are a waste of money but these ones were purchased new in sealed packaging at an estate sale for a grand total of $3.00. I suspect at that price they are worth the risk...
Some of my best buys have been Monster cables at 75% off closeout!
As long as you aren't paying the inflated price, these are often well made.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
I agree. Premium cables like Monster may be a waste of money at full price but if the price is as good or better than the average (but still perfectly adequate) cables the fact they have some eye candy in the way they are made becomes a bonus. The nicer looks (sometimes) and pricier marketing are not enough on their own though to make a purchase of them worth it at the normal market price.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice pickup - I wonder what the original retail price of those cables were?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

IMG_2023.JPG

The Woman on Pier 13 (1949) - original title "I Married a Communist"
The Sellout (1952)
Night Moves (1975)
Julia Misbehaves (1948)
The Absent Minded Professor (1961)
Son of Flubber (1963)
Macao (1952)

newsletter