What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Jupiter Ascending Blu-ray

RUSH - The Spirit of Radio - Greatest Hits - 1974 - 1987.

And - DIRECTV - Satellite, with HBO
Gotta get ready for the Final season 8 of Game of Thrones!!

Mike

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
1541281757797.png

Dead Can Dance - Dionysus

1541281861105.png

It should be arriving next week! I listened to Dionysus on Tidal and it is awesome.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Jupiter Ascending Blu-ray

RUSH - The Spirit of Radio - Greatest Hits - 1974 - 1987.

And - DIRECTV - Satellite, with HBO
Gotta get ready for the Final season 8 of Game of Thrones!!

Mike
Oh hell yeah bro when's season 8 supposed to start? I'm so stoked!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Bought Dune off of Amazon Prime never read it so just wanted to check it out wouldve bought it at 1/2 price bookstore but they had every novel except for that one.

Blue ray John Carter love that flick
Blue ray Case 39 that little girl scared the st$!t oughtta me!
Blue ray Deadpool 2
Blue ray The Boondock Saints!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Paid for an NAD AM230 audio module to upgrade my NAD T758 to be a full "v3" version of the receiver. Brought my T758 to the dealer to leave it for them to do the installation, and plans to pick it up next weekend. (I have a couple other options for movies & music while it's out.)

Turns out they did the installation while I waited and listened to a $3300 Naim Uniti Atom make a pair of KEF Q750 speakers sound like $5000 speakers and not the $1500 pair they are.

Tomorrow when there's light I'll hook it all up.

EDIT: I figured in the downtime I'd start playing with the Dirac LE on my wife's laptop PC, as that's what I'll be using tomorrow to set it up. First thing it does is go looking for the device (in my case, the T758) so I did connect it all up and turned it on. To my surprise, all the settings I had on it had been preserved. I could start the Dirac LE calibration with the supplied better mic, but haven't yet figured out how to upgrade to the full Dirac Live. Tomorrow is a better day for that, but looks like I'll get there fairly painlessly.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Won a bid for Fatman Red-i bookshelf speakers off Ebay -- now need to wait for them to arrive -- mercy.:)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
BD+2CD set. Live performance of the show I saw earlier in the year. Have not bought anything off Amazon in a while so I had quite a bit of points built up so it was "free".

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I was listening to that via Tidal HiFi "Masters" yesterday. Incredible! Love it. I will probably order it on Amazon so I can own it and play the video.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was listening to that via Tidal HiFi "Masters" yesterday. Incredible! Love it. I will probably order it on Amazon so I can own it and play the video.
It was a great tour. Visually, some nice things done with the set for a few tracks. I really liked this album too, but the show was a good mix of everything.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
I finally got my Cyrus CDt to complete my desk top system in my office. I ordered this thing the last week of August and finally got it tonight. Worth the wait. I also purchased an Isotek power conditioner, Wireworld Aurora 7 power cables, and a Straight Wire Mega-Link digital coaxial cable. To the right is a Marantz HD DAC-1 headphone amp/DAC. The Beyerdynamic T1 headphones I'm wearing. My Oppo PM-2's are on a shelf above the monitor.

100_1096 (500x387).jpg

100_1100 (500x375).jpg

New power conditioner and power cords make the Marantz sound like a whole new piece of equipment. Yeah, I'm just reveling in my expectation bias.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So far I really like the ecobee 4. The Alexa integration is pretty much useless as it seems it has to be awake and you have to be standing right in front. Not an issue, but kind of annoying.

As for the remote sensors, they work great. I'm very surprised how even the temp is now. My kids rooms are always too hot/cold just like my bedroom and this has totally solved that problem. The hot/cold set points work flawlessly.
Ecobee 4 with 2 sensors is now on limited time sale at Costco for $180
https://www.costco.com/ecobee-4-Smart-Thermostat-with-2-Room-Sensors.product.100455096.html

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Trying to move my control system fully to IP. Bummer is that both JVC and Oppo don't seem to play nice. So I picked up one of these to be able to use RS232 for those two.

Been playing with iRule. No Alexa integration which is a bummer but a great interface to build your system.
Not sure how comfortable are you with Python, but with help of internet you could make it work with Alexa
https://github.com/gotling/PyTach
https://developer.amazon.com/alexa-skills-kit/alexa-skill-python-tutorial

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Got a new throne...er I mean chair!
Where did you get it? How much did it cost?

I have been looking to get a pair of that exact same throne! I like it because it has independent adjustable foot rest and back/viewing angle!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Since we're talking about *size* :eek:, I just bought the largest rug Ive ever bought. 15 feet by 11 feet! I'd post a pic but I dont have one yet (and also, its just a rug).

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
Where did you get it? How much did it cost?

I have been looking to get a pair of that exact same throne! I like it because it has independent adjustable foot rest and back/viewing angle!
Got it at Ashley's for about 750.00. They also had several other chairs with the adjustable head rest in different styles.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Got it at Ashley's for about 750.00. They also had several other chairs with the adjustable head rest in different styles.
Im curious, are the power cords on those kinda thin? How hard is it to hide them?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis