What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
A pile of Harmony remotes in case mine die. :mad:

Can't complain for the price I paid though.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Stopped by the local ReUse store for a light switch and cover plate. Saw a newer looking TV against a wall so took a closer look. Picked up a TCL 55R613 for $70. It came with a Sanus SMF218 wall mount. Picture is excellent. TV almost seems like was hardly used, remote still had the TCL batteries in it. Screen appears to be perfect though I still need to clean it.

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got these four cassettes and 2CD hits set for only $7 at the thrift store yesterday. The recent cassette deck I got actually works really good for playback. Not sure about the Recording feature yet.
IMG_23042021_202554_(1238_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Just won these. I remember getting these back in the day from Tower records outlet store for about $5 each. Great deal.
_20210423_204931.JPG

Vinyl/CD
IMG_23042021_225121_(2200_x_956_pixel).jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Stopped by the local ReUse store for a light switch and cover plate. Saw a newer looking TV against a wall so took a closer look. Picked up a TCL 55R613 for $70. It came with a Sanus SMF218 wall mount. Picture is excellent. TV almost seems like was hardly used, remote still had the TCL batteries in it. Screen appears to be perfect though I still need to clean it.
Dang dude that's a great get. Holy mackerel. Enjoy it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Paradigm Defiance X12 v.2 for the home theater room. Unfortunately, I bought it yesterday morning and then left to go back out of town for 2 weeks yesterday afternoon. I did however get it all set up and tested before I went. Tested it with Avengers: Age of Ultron. All I can say is: wow. I thought having one of these subwoofers was awesome. Two just blew me away. I can't wait to get back home and really test them out.

20210422_111518.jpg

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not new, just repaired, this Sony TC-WR87ES Sony Compact Cassette Recorder, purchased new back in mid 1990's as I recall, has been lifeless for the last 15 years; but, for grins and giggles I recently had it repaired, about $271 worth of rubber, and epoxy for cracked gears. At any rate, now it's back in my equipment cabinet working as expected and looking cool; yet, not seeing much use.
51029399808_d822c8edbe_c.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's my kayak which I bought used. Its a Perception Carolina 14' complete with a rudder. Now I need to buy a decent paddle as my arms are too short to reach the water.

IMG_5107.jpgIMG_5108.jpgIMG_5109.jpgIMG_5114.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Visited the local used / new record store today, the used bins looked pretty ratty so splurged on some new LP's!

IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3339.JPG
IMG_3340.JPG

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm investing (i.e. splurging) on new PC speakers, and have ordered these:

And a GLM Kit for calibration:

Edit: Fix typo

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I just purchased an Allnic phono preamp. My vinyl collection has captured my interest again. Changing phono pres is refreshing.
Whoa that looks expensive. I hope it makes your records sound flawless. Hope to see you on the Vinyl listens thread. Enjoy.

Peguinpower

Enthusiast
Whoa that looks expensive. I hope it makes your records sound flawless. Hope to see you on the Vinyl listens thread. Enjoy.
I dont expect that result. What I am interested in is the transformer coupled output. It supposed to give a different sound vs capacitor coupled. I am hoping for a sweeter midrange and just a mellower sound over all. The tube head amp, I expect per a few reviews from owners, reproduce a big sound stage. I'd like a healthy helping of that.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I dont expect that result. What I am interested in is the transformer coupled output. It supposed to give a different sound vs capacitor coupled. I am hoping for a sweeter midrange and just a mellower sound over all. The tube head amp, I expect per a few reviews from owners, reproduce a big sound stage. I'd like a healthy helping of that.
I hope it meets your expectations and welcome to the best forum in audio.

Peguinpower

Enthusiast
I hope it meets your expectations and welcome to the best forum in audio.
Thank you. Hoping so. I have a BAT VK-P5 which I like very much. Also a Sonneteer Sedley phono stage. This will be the first transformer coupled phono pre for me. If it works out, and I like the sound, I'll be on the lookout for a BAT VK-33SE line stage premap, which is also transformer coupled. Fingers crossed that it is a not a noisy little thing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis