What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Seems like reincarnation of my old Canon Color Imageclass MF8050cn. But I see they removed useless manual paper feed, for much more helpful larger paper tray. Good call
I ordered compatible toners by v4ink and had no issues but I they are out of stock on amz now for my printer.
My printer is decent machine, but without few annoyances, like it won't show current toner level until it runs out.
I've read other reports of people using 3rd party cartridges not accurately reporting toner levels, where genuine cartridges do. Are your v4ink carts remanufactured OEM, or are they brand new 3rd party? I wonder whether that makes a difference? In any case, I'm hoping my genuine OEM carts (even though they are HP and not Canon) won't suffer the same problem. I also wonder whether my printer shares compatibility with other components in HP printers, like the fuser and waste toner bottle.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've read other reports of people using 3rd party cartridges not accurately reporting toner levels, where genuine cartridges do. Are your v4ink carts remanufactured OEM, or are they brand new 3rd party? I wonder whether that makes a difference? In any case, I'm hoping my genuine OEM carts (even though they are HP and not Canon) won't suffer the same problem. I also wonder whether my printer shares compatibility with other components in HP printers, like the fuser and waste toner bottle.
It not a toner issue. Original ones were Canon OEMs. My old printer lacks the functionality to show it at all. I hope this is something they address in printer your bought. but to be safe rtfm ;-)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
All points well taken. However, I am moving into the 2-Channel realm. No need for a sub/center-channel. Listening to the B&W CM1's as we speak. Absolutely love them! Just don't want to stop listening to them. Really liking the British sound signature albeit very laid-back and non-fatiguing with a velvety smooth lushy top end.

Using a Sony BR player for my cd needs for the time being. Hope to rectify that in the near future. Never knew cd transports were so darn expensive though. Not getting any sound out of my 4K TV when watching local channels. Have it connected via optical. Oh well, I will figure it out eventually. As far as selling my B&W speakers-lets just say I would not hold my breath on that one. Here are a few pics that I just snapped! Have a lot more tweaking to do. Merely just up and running for the time being.

upload_2017-3-30_10-25-59.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-26-32.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-26-57.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-27-26.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-28-19.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-28-45.png

upload_2017-3-30_10-29-32.png

Phil

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
All points well taken. However, I am moving into the 2-Channel realm. No need for a sub/center-channel. Listening to the B&W CM1's as we speak. Absolutely love them! Just don't want to stop listening to them. Really liking the British sound signature albeit very laid-back and non-fatiguing with a velvety smooth lushy top end.

... As far as selling my B&W speakers-lets just say I would not hold my breath on that one.
Whenever you change your mind about them in a couple of months, you should post an "I'm in the market for new speakers" sort of thread and let us vote on your next choice. I hereby demand that nobody judge Phil for this when it happens.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Whenever you change your mind about them in a couple of months, you should post an "I'm in the market for new speakers" sort of thread and let us vote on your next choice. I hereby demand that nobody judge Phil for this when it happens.
LOL I don't see that happening. But, I may try some other British speakers just to compare to my B&W's. Something like Wharfedale and/or Q Acoustics to be more exact. Unless I prefer the Wharfs or the Q Acoustics more, my B&W CM1 S1's are NOT going anywhere. Very impressed with them so far. Have a good feeling that they are here to stay. The low end is surprisingly good for such a small bookshelf speaker. The top end is so lush and the mids are very warm sounding. Love it! Honestly, can't stop listening to them.

Phil

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
It not a toner issue. Original ones were Canon OEMs. My old printer lacks the functionality to show it at all. I hope this is something they address in printer your bought. but to be safe rtfm ;-)
Manuals and assembly instructions are for seeing if you did it right after it's already done. Anyone who reads the instructions before doing the thing is a coward!

(But yeah, the toner levels can be checked in Menu --> Device Status --> Amount Remaining in Cartridge as well as on the printer's web interface; and warning levels can be customized in Menu --> Adjustment/Maintenance --> Display Timing for Cartridge Preparation Notification, according to the FM. We'll see when the printer arrives.)

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
However, I am moving into the 2-Channel realm. No need for a sub/center-channel. Listening to the B&W CM1's as we speak. Absolutely love them! Just don't want to stop listening to them. Really liking the British sound signature albeit very laid-back and non-fatiguing with a velvety smooth lushy top end.
We will see what you have 6 months from now :) -- however, enjoy.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Bought off Ebay, the Digital Phase AP-.5 speakers for $43 total. A well built speaker with a 3" woofer. They are from the 90's. Now the Avid, and the first pair of JungleRoc speakers have moved on. Soon the Mystery HK will leave -- and maybe later the second pair of JungleRoc will leave. The Digital Phase and Harman Kardon Ten will remain with the Snell K7 and Boston VS240 as the main speakers. I even prefer the Digital Phase over the Harman Kardon Ten.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
We will see what you have 6 months from now :) -- however, enjoy.
I am amazed how good these CM1 S1's sound. Just so fully balanced from top to bottom. Slacker Radio sounds real good!

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased a 2nd cassette deck from Ebay for my 2nd system. It too has the dbx noise reduction facility so I'm really interested in seeing if tapes recorded on the Yamaha with dbx will play cleanly on this deck.
Dual_Pioneer.JPG

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A pack of 50 vinyl sleeves for my vinyl collection.. Costs me 50cents per sleeve.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
My newest tool, genuine HAKKO (counterfeits exist) 888D temperature controlled soldering iron.

HAKKO 888D 800x No1.jpg

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
It's been a busy month for audio / music related purchases. On the creative side, an Epiphone Wildcat.

Wildcat.jpg

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I purchased a 2nd cassette deck from Ebay for my 2nd system. It too has the dbx noise reduction facility so I'm really interested in seeing if tapes recorded on the Yamaha with dbx will play cleanly on this deck.
View attachment 20481
No reason why they shouldn't, DBX encoding / decoding is proprietary, so it won't matter whether the original deck and the playback deck come from the same manufacturer. They license the technology from DBX; there's no option to modify it.

DBX encode/decode is very capable, S/N ratios into the 90dB range is entirely possible, even with cassette.

The one thing that hinders the adoption of DBX encoded cassettes is the limited number of car decks that can decode them. For that reason I prefer Dolby C which is near-DBX as far as noise suppression goes but is a bit more common in aftermarket decks (lower licensing and hardware costs).

However DBX does have one advantage in that you can buy decoders or encode/decode units that will add DBX capability and work with any deck. I don't know of any external Dolby C decoders. Bonus: there actually are DBX-encoded vinyl LPs, which would be usable with an external decoder.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
This got delivered this weekend:

This evening my 5-year-old daughter was just chilling in it, and she said, "Daddy? I know we've only had this chair for a little while, but I feel like I've known it my whole life." I know exactly how she feels.

We also got a couch and an accent chair, but those aren't nearly as exciting.

DHicks

Audioholic Intern
Call me a fool but I just bought another sub. When I bought my first Hsu VTF2-MK5 a month ago, I told myself I'd get a second if I saw one in B stock. Guess what I saw today...

I'm sure my apartment-dwelling neighbors will love me!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Preordered - scheduled for 4/21 delivery. Saw a 128GB card on sale for what I paid for my 64GB last year so I ordered that too and looking at cases.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just these in the mail and I'm listening right now. So far Vena Sera is sounding good.

Hats_Off_to_the_Bull_cover.jpg

Vena_Sera_Cover_Art.jpg

I just really just discovered Chevelle recently and I'm liking them a lot. I have 7 of their cd's now, ripped to WAV files.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis