What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That Disney WOW disk is pretty darn useful. My son has one and I'm grateful he came over with it and calibrated my Samsung TV. Not as big a difference as my other son got out of it with calibrating my old Toshiba Regza, but still a noticeable improvement.
I've never used the Disney disc, but I really like the Spears and Munsil disc. I have both the regular BD and 3D versions.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've never used the Disney disc, but I really like the Spears and Munsil disc. I have both the regular BD and 3D versions.
I've used both, the Spears is probably a bit more technical, but WOW may be a little easier and I like the demo material on WOW.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've used both, the Spears is probably a bit more technical, but WOW may be a little easier and I like the demo material on WOW.
I don't know what demo material is on WOW, but it has to be pretty good. I just use the demo discs from AVS afterwards to test for accuracy. Although I've always played with the idea of getting the calman system.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Had some back country skiing fun last night and realized my soft boots just don't cut it going down mtn bike trails on skis. So this morning I stopped into the local shop and picked these up.

Should get a bit more control which will keep me off my a$$ a bit more. Whiteface opens tomorrow so I will be downhilling until next week but looking forward to using these.

Also grabbed a new head light. 250 lumens should brighten my way more than the dollar store lamp I was using last night.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic

I bought one of these yesterday, and for a mere $100 it sounds quite good. There is no black plastic crap here. Peace and goodwill.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just thought that I would mention this as I seen it in a Black Friday Ad:

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/menards/page/31

If the ad does not display properly the Whalen 3-shelf TV stand is on page 31 for $79! Looks like a very good deal to me. Just thought that I would mention it. Nothing like saving money.

Cheers,

Phil
I spotted on the weekly flyer that this unit will be $190 coming this Friday which is only 7 days after I purchased the unit. So I'll be visiting Best Buy on Friday and ask that they knock $190 off the price or I will be returning it and going to another store to purchase it back. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I spotted on the weekly flyer that this unit will be $190 coming this Friday which is only 7 days after I purchased the unit. So I'll be visiting Best Buy on Friday and ask that they knock $190 off the price or I will be returning it and going to another store to purchase it back. :)
Wow! Did not know the Whalen stand was that much. Walmart has a stand very similar for like $109 right now. Might just need to go and pick this up myself. Thanks for the heads up. Need to see the specs because I only have so much room in my small living-room.

Cheers,

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow! Did not know the Whalen stand was that much. Walmart has a stand very similar for like $109 right now. Might just need to go and pick this up myself. Thanks for the heads up. Need to see the specs because I only have so much room in my small living-room.

Cheers,

Phil
Don't forget that I'm in Canada and our dollar is low compared to that of the American dollar so things are going to be more expensive here. Still $190. is a nice discount. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Don't forget that I'm in Canada and our dollar is low compared to that of the American dollar so things are going to be more expensive here. Still $190. is a nice discount. :)
Yeah, forgot about that. But, I agree that is a good discount. Nothing like saving money. Unless, of course, you are winning it.....LOL!!!! :cool::D:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Bought the HE-400i headphones from Newegg for $249 and used my AMEX card and it's $25 statement credit for Newegg for net $224.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I stopped into BestBuy this morning and got the $190 discount.. (Its a Z-line not Whalen :) ) .. so what listed for 399.00 I git got for $209. I'm even more happy about the purchase.

Yeah, forgot about that. But, I agree that is a good discount. Nothing like saving money. Unless, of course, you are winning it.....LOL!!!! :cool::D:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I've been using this "Tech Craft" low stand for a couple of years. I picked it up at a local appliance/TV joint for under $200. It's made of at least 16 gauge steel, if not 14 gauge and weighs quite a bit. The black glass shelves are 1/4" thick and you can see from the instruction sheet can take an enormous amount of weight. I have no idea if the brand can be found elsewhere easily, but it shames anything I'd ever bought (and trashed) that had the Whalen name on it.

Edit: Amazon has their full line at even better prices. They sell that exact same one for $170.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I stopped into BestBuy this morning and got the $190 discount.. (Its a Z-line not Whalen :) ) .. so what listed for 399.00 I git got for $209. I'm even more happy about the purchase.
Man that is awesome! I went to Menards and merely did a you-turn when I seen how many people were waiting to get in. Went on about my shopping and came back by again. Still no places to park and I have never seen this many people in one location like that ever. There were several items I wanted to get. The main item being the Whalen 3-tier tv stand. They had it for $79!

No matter what it was just way too crowded. Actually made like 4 attempts to get in. The parking lots was so full there was no place even close to park. That is how many people were there. Had no idea that they would be that busy. Anyways, glad you got such a good deal! I hit the jackpot at JC Penny's and Shoe Carnival. Kmart and Walmart had a few things that I brought home. Most at Walmart had already been picked through. Nothing like saving mnoney!

Cheers,

Phil

B

Blues Doctor

Audioholic Intern
Jumped on the SVS SB12-NSD BF sale for $399. It's being delivered today. Waiting on FedEx now. My first sub, other than small HTIB pkg subs. I still intend to get the RSL Speedwoofer 10S, but had to try the SB12 at that price.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My 2016 Black Friday electronics purchases: $4,160

HP T3M86AA 27" LED PC Monitor $120 x 2
AOC I2757FH 27" LED PC Monitor $150 x 1
SONY W650D 55" LED TV $398 x 5
SONY X750D 65" LED TV $890 x 2

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com