What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I only had good experiences with the Onkyo. It was a tremendous unit, with a robust amp section and tons of features. I had a Marantz, loved it, but it lacked a full set of pre outs and I got a great deal on the Onkyo. At the time is was the same price as a 7005, but with more features. With the 7701 and the 8801, I can go back to Marantz and not lose any of the features I like on the Onkyo.

It will be either a 7701 or an 8801. I can either order the 7701 tonight/this week or I can wait a month and get the 8801. Decisions decisions.

The 3009 was a nice unit. Did it have any problems, ie HDMI card, ribbon cable problems etc..? Which Marantz model are you ordering?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What made you go with one of these over a Roku?
From talking with the sales guy, I chose it for the following reasons;

1.) DLNA .. I can see media shared from my PC. That's my biggest reason.
2.) The other is that the apps that the ROKU has which the WD does not was it explained to me that it streams the more obscure stuff which I'm not really interested in.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
From talking with the sales guy, I chose it for the following reasons;

1.) DLNA .. I can see media shared from my PC. That's my biggest reason.
2.) The other is that the apps that the ROKU has which the WD does not was it explained to me that it streams the more obscure stuff which I'm not really interested in.
FWIW Roku 3's can use Plex which is supposed to be very good, really easy to use and looks great partly because it reads metadata. I've been using that, albeit not very much yet, but so far I like it more than the DLNA feature on the Onkyo.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW Roku 3's can use Plex which is supposed to be very good, really easy to use and looks great partly because it reads metadata. I've been using that, albeit not very much yet, but so far I like it more than the DLNA feature on the Onkyo.
I have 60 days to return if I'm not happy with it. I'm going to be testing the hell out of it to see whether or not I will be keeping it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Honestly Nestor It took me time to adjust it to my liking. I was getting a hollow sound on the speakers and it bugged the crap out of me. A simple push of the button on the back of the unit did the trick and now it sounds great.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
A big thanks to adk highlander and another more gratuitous thanking will be forthcoming Monday when it arrives, but I just bought one of these bad boys today, it'll be shipped today, and delivered Monday.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I was wondering how long you could hold out before telling everyone. Glad I could help.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis