What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Booked two track days. One at Gigerman raceway in April and the other at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in May.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Booked two track days. One at Gigerman raceway in April and the other at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in May.
Nice! Car or motorcycle? I did two track days on my motorcycle last year, one at Palmer Motorsports (Palmer Massachusetts) and one at Thompson Speedway, (Thompson Connecticut)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Nice! Car or motorcycle? I did two track days on my motorcycle last year, one at Palmer Motorsports (Palmer Massachusetts) and one at Thompson Speedway, (Thompson Connecticut)
So why the dislike on my post? lol

Car events. The wife said no when I proposed getting a motorcycle as a track toy.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
So why the dislike on my post? lol

Car events. The wife said no when I proposed getting a motorcycle as a track toy.
I've been married to the same girl for 43+ years. She knows that riding on the track is safer than the street because everyone is going in the same direction and no one is going to be running a red light on me.

I'm NOT a fast guy, I just enjoy doing it.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Last (used) Luxman piece for a while, a discontinued DAC from the same era as my L-509X integrated amp and EQ-500 phono stage...the Luxman DA-06.

It is just awesome! Smooth as could be. I would only like to add the new Luxman NT-07 streamer, but I'll have to wait for the demo unit my dealer just got to age out so i can get the maximum discount on it.

View attachment 66658
View attachment 66659
View attachment 66660
Truley epic! I do wonder how long you can go with that one non matching box. I know being that close would make me a bit nuts but you also have something to look forward to. Are you doing a bit more streaming now that you have the new DAC?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Truley epic! I do wonder how long you can go with that one non matching box. I know being that close would make me a bit nuts but you also have something to look forward to. Are you doing a bit more streaming now that you have the new DAC?
Oddly enough, I had to return to my dealer yesterday to return a McIntosh MCD7009 CD player that I couldn't fix for him and he dragged me upstairs to see and hear the new Luxman NT-07 streamer, feeding into a Luxman C-10x pre-amp, M-10x power amp and out to a pair of $40k Focal Utopia speakers.

Yeah, it's hard to suppress the OCD that is egging me to get one sooner rather than later.

I am streaming a little more now, if for no other reason than I can now see the incoming file frequency and bit rate prominently displayed. That's pretty cool. I still prefer my vinyl though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My black STI hatch is officially totaled due to water damage as of yesterday. I had posted it a few weeks ago in boring stuff thread; some dude backed into a hydrant in our parking lot at work and flooded it. Waiting on insurance to make an, undoubtedly low, offer.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My black STI hatch is officially totaled due to water damage as of yesterday. I had posted it a few weeks ago in boring stuff thread; some dude backed into a hydrant in our parking lot at work and flooded it. Waiting on insurance to make an, undoubtedly low, offer.
Darn. That really stinks. I do hope they do you justice.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That blows. On a more positive side of things, what are you thinking of replacing it with?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That blows. On a more positive side of things, what are you thinking of replacing it with?
EV of some sort, probably a 2025 Ioniq 5 or 6 with the larger battery. Plenty of chargers around here, since it would just be a commuter car, and I have my other STI sedan still :D

The car payment would actually be less for one of those than what I was paying for this one, but this one was due to be paid off in maybe 5-6 months :( I had already put this one up for sale, but no bites with the way the used car market is and due to the age and mileage. People only look at the mileage, but I take very good care of my cars.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've been married to the same girl for 43+ years. She knows that riding on the track is safer than the street because everyone is going in the same direction and no one is going to be running a red light on me.

I'm NOT a fast guy, I just enjoy doing it.
I'm fine with the choice, it meant I got to get the car I really wanted. :D

I'm not super fast either. I tend more towards the cautious end of the spectrum of people on track.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I always liked those hatchbacks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis