What are you watching tonight?

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I just finished watching Star Trek TNG start to finish. I don't know what I want to watch now so I started over again at Far Point.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Star Trek TNG Descent Pt 1. The last episode of Season 6. Then I'll watch season 7. It's been a long time since I've watched TNG though from start to finish. After that I'll probably watch Voyager. I've watched DS9 a lot over the last few years. I might watch Enterprise after Voyager.

Meet Blueberry

View attachment 62101
Nice cat!

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I've got 4k AI upscales of Voyager and DS9 and started watching them....been watching Trek since the 60's.
Nice to revisit Voyager, but never quite liked DS9.
Giving it a chance now though (I didn't like Babylon 5 at first...that turned out to be the best sci-fi...ever)

Sure seems like they didn't want to spend money on DS9....that huge station comes across as being the size of a small trailer park !

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I just finished watching Star Trek TNG start to finish. I don't know what I want to watch now so I started over again at Far Point.
Babylon 5, Brother...Babylon 5. The remasters are like you've never seen it before.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Babylon 5, Brother...Babylon 5. The remasters are like you've never seen it before.
The trouble with Babylon 5 is that I've never watched it before so I'd need to pay attention. With Trek I've seen them all before so I don't need to pay attention. ;)

I have heard lots of good things about B5 though. It's probably a dinner time thing with the family instead of my "me time" in the evening.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Donna Summer doc on MAX. it's about time they did one on Donna. Although I thought it should have been longer and in two parts like the Elvis doc.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There is such a stark contrast between the first and last few seasons. When I rewatch Far Point I can see the over-acting and how they were trying to discover the way they wanted to portray the roles. Then you get a gem in season 5 like Inner Light where Picard lives an entire lifetime of another race in a matter of minutes (and they find the flute in the probe). Pure genius in some of the episodes.

While I also enjoyed Babylon 5, I found the writing and acting in the Battlestar Galactica remake (2009) to be top notch. I think it's only on Apple TV and Peacock currently. Box set runs around $100 new but Ebay has copies pretty cheap.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
There is such a stark contrast between the first and last few seasons. When I rewatch Far Point I can see the over-acting and how they were trying to discover the way they wanted to portray the roles. Then you get a gem in season 5 like Inner Light where Picard lives an entire lifetime of another race in a matter of minutes (and they find the flute in the probe). Pure genius in some of the episodes.

While I also enjoyed Babylon 5, I found the writing and acting in the Battlestar Galactica remake (2009) to be top notch. I think it's only on Apple TV and Peacock currently.
Yes. It's clear that TNG season 1 the actors are trying to define their characters and there is some over-acting. Particularly Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes. When you binge watch TNG at a rate of over 4 episodes a night it's so clear.

I'll keep Battlestar Galactica 2009 in mind also. I watched the original way back when.

Box set runs around $100 new but Ebay has copies pretty cheap.
This gets to something that I've been thinking about and searching on.

I much prefer having the physical media rather than streaming. You never know what these streaming services are going to pull or eliminate. If I like something and expect to watch it multiple times I want the discs.

But when I've looked on-line for DVD/Bluerays, they next to never show the actual packaging. And if they actually do show the packaging, it's 50/50 that what you see is not what actually arrives.

My TNG DVDs are beautifully packaged and despite watching them so much, they are in "like new" condition. But the DVDs for Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise are in containers that are falling apart. I'm really tired of crap packaging.

2023 05 29 11 54 06.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
IMG_20230529_120830_(4608_x_2592_pixel).jpg
IMG_20230529_120931_(4608_x_2592_pixel).jpg

Last night! Beth and Joe in Amsterdam in 2013. Awesome showmanship and Beth sounds fantastic. What great show on bluray! Was gifted to me by a forum member. TY :cool: :eek::cool:

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yes. It's clear that TNG season 1 the actors are trying to define their characters and there is some over-acting. Particularly Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes. When you binge watch TNG at a rate of over 4 episodes a night it's so clear.

I'll keep Battlestar Galactica 2009 in mind also. I watched the original way back when.

This gets to something that I've been thinking about and searching on.

I much prefer having the physical media rather than streaming. You never know what these streaming services are going to pull or eliminate. If I like something and expect to watch it multiple times I want the discs.

But when I've looked on-line for DVD/Bluerays, they next to never show the actual packaging. And if they actually do show the packaging, it's 50/50 that what you see is not what actually arrives.

My TNG DVDs are beautifully packaged and despite watching them so much, they are in "like new" condition. But the DVDs for Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise are in containers that are falling apart. I'm really tired of crap packaging.
The remake of BG is very different. The original was "campy" by today's standards. Reminds me of Space 1999 from the '70s. The remake of BG is one of those series that touches on every manner of human failings and in some very poignant ways. While the same names are there, you can pretty much discard whatever you remember from the original. I found the new take on the series refreshing at the time with some interesting twists. Highly rated on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes, for what it's worth.

Yeah, crappy packing sucks. I also have some Japanese anime and I love their attention to detail. I have one series that came in a metal box that looks like a school locker, and another magic series where the box is a spell book. They appreciate that their fans like to display their wares. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of Japanese series, I was watching the original Star Trek on Space and noticed that all of the special effects had been enhanced. They remastered the series in 2009 but it aired mostly in Japan. On occasion I would see the occasional Japanese translation in kanji appear on the screen. I guess Space Channel was lazy and got a hold of the Japanese broadcast version and left it as is. :D

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Tomorrow we will be watching the Season 2 premier of Star Trek Brave New Worlds

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Just saw 3,000 years of longing. Great movie.

Also saw Air last night.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Black mirror season 6 starts tomorrow. I’ll be there.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
We've decided to watch the Season 1 finale of Strange New Worlds tonight to prime ourselves for the Season 1 opener tomorrow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis