What are you watching tonight?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Prometheus- the killer snake lol. Not sure what they were thinking??? Or the rolling spaceship where you could just run to the side and avoid it. Also, I know. Let's take our protective helmets off in an alien environment. Or when we're injecting substance into an alien head, let's keep our face masks off till the last second until it explodes hahaha. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Started watching this last night, better than I expected. Sound track is really good!
IMG_20220609_103907928_HDR~2.jpg

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Don't know if you guy's have watched this movie yet. It's on HBO Max right now. I'm a big fan of Better Call Saul. Fun movie, good sound track. "You bought a lot of shotguns, you bought a lot of Russians! Lol
Screenshot_20220610-112341~2.png

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Watched Roger Waters: Us & Them on Netflix last night. Amazing concert and a good recording as well. Also viewable on YouTube but this benefits from a good audio stream if available. Really looking forward to seeing him in Toronto this summer.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Watched Roger Waters: Us & Them on Netflix last night. Amazing concert and a good recording as well. Also viewable on YouTube but this benefits from a good audio stream if available. Really looking forward to seeing him in Toronto this summer.
Sadly the Netflix selection of content is far lower in Sweden than USA.:mad:

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly the Netflix selection of content is far lower in Sweden than USA.:mad:
Being in Canada there are some programs that I can not access as well. I got 6 free months of Disney so cancelled Netflix which runs out in 4 days. The YouTube stream does not sound too bad but there are some nice surround effects that make the audio more immersive.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it tonight. and I thought it was the most amazing concert ever. Unless you actually have been to that concert, this is a MUST see. What touched me were the 2.5 generations in the audience and different ethnic groups shedding tears at different parts of the concerts; old and young alike being moved by both lyric and melody.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
E.T. at 40 --

Strong cast all around. Drew Barrymore seems like she's been around forever. Oh wait. She has.:) The one thing I don't like about the plot is the ending. ET's basically dead and than revives outta nowhere. It felt like pulling the heart strings for all the wrong reasons IMO. Love the score though.

Alien Covenant--

I think it's a solid disaster/horror movie, but what erks me as the intro. I can't remember if there was a scene on the ship where their protective suits are burning, but the stuff about touching crops that look like wheat and stepping on spores is possibly the biggest gaff ever in film for a scientific expedition LOL.:)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
possibly the biggest gaff ever in film for a scientific expedition LOL.:)
I think two of the biggest gaffs I've ever seen in sci-fi films were:

1) in Deep Blue Sea, they talk about how the shark measures 6 feet across, but somehow it gets into a room they're in through a 3 foot wide door. :rolleyes:

2) in Reign of Fire, there is only one male dragon for the whole colony/species. While there is precedent for this in many different animal populations, especially fish (clownfish, parrotfish, etc.), ALL those species that live in colonies like this have a way for a new lead male (parrotfish) or female (clownfish) to arise if the current one dies. This one really bugs me to this day. :mad:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

1) in Deep Blue Sea, they talk about how the shark measures 6 feet across, but somehow it gets into a room they're in through a 3 foot wide door. :rolleyes:

Maybe it as a 3ft x 6 ft shark? ;) :D

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I watched it tonight. and I thought it was the most amazing concert ever. Unless you actually have been to that concert, this is a MUST see. What touched me were the 2.5 generations in the audience and different ethnic groups shedding tears at different parts of the concerts; old and young alike being moved by both lyric and melody.
Agreed. The friend that I am going to the concert with in Toronto has been working at the Budweiser Gardens in London, ON, for years and has traveled to see concerts for decades. He has seen all of the big acts and he still rates Roger Waters' concerts as some of the best ever.

There are still tickets available for the July 9th show. ;) I'm really curious to see what the stage setup will be like with the central platform.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Pickings is getting slim on HBO Max. What you guys got on other's? Recommendations?

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Caught up on Stranger Things last night. Tonight will probably be Ms. Marvel and/or Strange New Worlds.

Alien Covenant--

I think it's a solid disaster/horror movie, but what erks me as the intro. I can't remember if there was a scene on the ship where their protective suits are burning, but the stuff about touching crops that look like wheat and stepping on spores is possibly the biggest gaff ever in film for a scientific expedition LOL.:)
I'm still waiting for this to be streaming on a service I already have. Don't have high expectations, but I figure I'll have fun anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis