What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
More Boston Legal today. Man I love this show! BTW I was binging on Dark Shadows but being a soap I'm starting to lose interest.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Linda Evans is 78 and Avalon 80 now. Funicello passed in 2013. Much more a novelty. Buster Keaton has a very minor role in it.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
418463065181.jpeg

A fantastic blu-ray concert if you like movie music and John Williams' classic themes. Williams conducts an especially rousing rendition of Star Wars' The Imperial March. Only piece missing is the Superman theme (but you can get that on Gustavel Dudamel and the LA Philharmonic's blu ray or CD of a Williams tribute concert). Excellent sound and image quality. Captures the warm acoustic of the Vienna Musikverein Hall. Includes a CD as well.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Here's a youtube excerpt of Williams conducting The Imperial March, with The Vienna Philharmonic. Of course, the lossless audio on the blu ray is better.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Fascinating documentary about film-score composing. SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. Looks at the Hollywood golden era (Korngold, Tiomkin, et al), the John Williams era, the Hans Zimmer era, and contemporary scores by Trent Reznor (The Social Network). I have a digital version on Vudu. Blu ray is also available. Trailer:

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
How'd I miss this one? So bad it's good?
LMAO...

This is a campy classic in the vain of George Seaton's Airport -- and it was actually a kind of "response" from MGM to Universal's cash cow franchise at the time. Brolin is so young here, he's almost unrecognizable (this was before he went on to star in American International's Amityville Horror) and Charleton Heston, of course, would go on to play another pilot who has to save the day in Universal's own Airport 1975.

Always loved this little gem ever since taping it off broadcast TV when I was a kid; Warner Bros.' anamorphic transfer on this disc is surprisingly watchable.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
LMAO...

This is a campy classic in the vain of George Seaton's Airport -- and it was actually a kind of "response" from MGM to Universal's cash cow franchise at the time. Brolin is so young here, he's almost unrecognizable (this was before he went on to star in American International's Amityville Horror) and Charleton Heston, of course, would go on to play another pilot who has to save the day in Universal's own Airport 1975.

Always loved this little gem ever since taping it off broadcast TV when I was a kid; Warner Bros.' anamorphic transfer on this disc is surprisingly watchable.
Looks promising, esp with that cast. The 70s really was the decade for casting big names in bad and campy movies. (Favorite Charleston Heston from then is Planet of the Apes.) I vaguely remember Airport as a kid when my parents took us to see it. And then later the Zucker Bros satire Airplane when I was a teen. Never laughed harder back then, except maybe Blazing Saddles.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis