What are you watching tonight?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ummmmm….

I was just saying that it seems right that people here seem to pick on newbies and/or those who don't drink the proverbial Kool-Aid...
It's like that on all forums! Some are Worse at it! Emotiva's forum Polk Audio's forum, over on AVS you'll get banned if you even dare postup the price of anything. Go post up over at Polks site and see the Racist remarks you'll get! I posted up a Saints comment and got Inundated with slander repulsive remarks. There's one dude over there that has his Avatar that says go F..k yourself on his T-shirt in big Letters. The one Mod over there is his Puppet. The Cult over there is Truly a fold. Here on AH it isn't really a fold a few Follow each other and stick together. So what, yes few here will gang up on members. I ve had issues with a few members so what. Yes there is Kool-Aid here so what. Will that cause anyone to Lose sleep over it? If it does than a Underlying issue it was there before with the Individual. Just don't buy into the snake oil kool-aid on any forum.

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
It's like that on all forums! Some are Worse at it! Emotiva's forum Polk Audio's forum, over on AVS you'll get banned if you even dare postup the price off anything. Go post up over at Polks site and see the Racist remarks you'll get! I posted up a Saints comment and got Inundated with slander repulsive remarks. There's one dude over there that has his Avatar that says go F..k yourself on his T-shirt in big Letters. The one Mod over there is his Puppet. The Cult over there is Truly a fold. Here on AH it isn't really a fold a few Follow each other and stick together. So what, yes few here will gang up on members. I ve had issues with a few members so what. Yes there is Kool-Aid here so what. Will that cause anyone to Lose sleep over it? If it does than a Underlying issue it was there before with the Individual. Just don't buy into the snake oil kool-aid on any forum.
Well, I can't just say "so what" like you do, but I know exactly what you mean about the rage-fueled nastiness and vile demeanor used in most of these forums (and I was once a member of Club Polk, so I am familiar with that site's ridiculousness and license they give to members to call others homosexual and other slander that's not even TRUE about the person in question). One of the worst examples I've experienced as of late is Blu-ray.com, which is beyond vile in terms of their moderator positions and the attitude of their members.

Absolutely despicable.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Haven’t spent much time at Blu-ray.com but I did drop in on the Polk forum. Don’t even know what to say... Seemed populated with nothing but straw men(like the argument), following some cultist kool-aid fueled idiocy. All wearing Polk shaded glasses. It’s pretty sad.
What I disliked more than anything was the total offense they seem to take with objectivity. I won’t be signing up...
Now I’m curious about Blu-ray.com lol.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ummmmm….

I was just saying that it seems right that people here seem to pick on newbies and/or those who don't drink the proverbial Kool-Aid...
My post is Pun, it isn't nothing more than what it is are Factual it is what it is. Its really to make fun of the ones who feel they are Superstars with the Knowledge of audio. Those who "Child down" to others cause they feel Superior with knowledge only to receive Approval or get Validation from the ones who feel like their Peers. Profiling members here on AH wasn't Invented here, But yes it happens I ve seen members get banned from members ganging up on one or more. Go over to Polk Audio you'll see tons of members banned. There are only a Select few Cult members left over there. Those that are there Do Not Like AH at all. Why? Because this forum is where all gear of audio and speakers are welcomed to be Discussed, price's are ok to post up, links are ok to post up. Articles are OK to postup. People get into pissing Contest as long as you don't Threaten to hurt nobody or yourself or use slander or totally Trash Genes website he is the owner of all and every post that's posted up by anyone one his site. You did read the fine print when you Click on right? to open your account. Gene can use anyone's post or thread in Advertisement or in a Editorial on his YouTube page. The Mods get paid to Moderate this forum Usually at a set price per hour, postup or Threads are than reported to Market media companies for Process of what the members are looking at talking about what do you want to buy. Your info is sold off to Marketers that's why this forum is free to us members.
You also have Dealers of audio gear or Custom speaker builders Pro speakers makers that are very good at what they do.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Haven’t spent much time at Blu-ray.com but I did drop in on the Polk forum. Don’t even know what to say... Seemed populated with nothing but straw men(like the argument), following some cultist kool-aid fueled idiocy. All wearing Polk shaded glasses. It’s pretty sad.
What I disliked more than anything was the total offense they seem to take with objectivity. I won’t be signing up...
I use to be a Regular member of Polk not anymore, the few really good members are all gone. Some left some got banned some just moved on. Never heard of Blu-ray . com , you postup anything with .com over at Polk you'll get banned or you'll get jumped by the Cultus elite over there. Than the one Mod who works for Sound unlimited is Bias Company person.
They have Polk on lockdown it isn't nothing like when Matthew Polk Owned the company.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I use to be a Regular member of Polk not anymore, the few really good members are all gone. Some left some got banned some just moved on. Never hread of Blu-ray . com , you postup anything with .com over at Polk you'll get banned or you'll get jumped by the Cultus elite over there. Than the one Mod who works for Sound unlimited is Bias Company person.
They have Polk on lockdown it isn't nothing like when Matthew Polk Owned the company.
I was thinking of joining just to swat the hornets nest!!!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No surprise there...:rolleyes:

Appreciate it.

This is true, but I don't know anyone who thinks it's "friendly"...

Now THAT is absolutely, positively beyond RIDICULOUS.
Thanks for the kind words, buts yes Good manners don't cost nothing. But yeah Many Including the owner of AH has been Attacked by trolls bullies and such Genes a great guy man. Sometimes telling the truth isn't what some don't want out. When money is Evolved yeah you can make Enemies of the unkind.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I was thinking of joining just to swat the hornets nest!!!
Andrew and I have done that a time or two, back in the day a Decade ago some others would do that when Polk was Polk the Mods where just as much fun as us members there some really fun Dumpster fires. Coolest postups I have ever seem.
Those days are gone forever I feel. They done ran off the few female members that they had got one banned cause she called out the leader of Cult. They where Constantly jumping on every post she posted discredit her and shame her. Things like oh you'll be back tomorrow with the same post like today and so on. She Finally gave up and asked the Mod to ban her profile. Which is the only way to Permanently close any profile on any forum just about.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I just started watching Deadwood again, HBO really has a Classic with DW.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Lol, I Missed that one, I am a old white man. Caucasian of the Natural persuasion. I'm not a Racist or A bigot, I'm a lover of woman in all nationalities. I love home audio it has been a hobby of mine before many members where even born on AH as members. I hate on no audio gear or speakers. I will say this buy Yamaha. Tongue in cheek. Buy what ever gear you need or want. Never knock anyones gear or speakers. This isn't a Harley Davison club where you gotta Have a Harley in order to be a Bandito Clowns, ride out your Burrito speakers. just be a Shark if you can be a shark lolo
My joke about that apparently went misunderstood and under the radar...

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
The Polk forum was beyond vile (but so is Blu-ray.com), with members allowed to take someone's name and actually add derogatory references to their sexuality or other aspects of their personality between lines to insult them in reply posts, and the mods do NOTHING. I was banned for basically being bullied there and standing up for myself (I had things said about me that were COMPLETELY untrue) and for asking questions about the compatibility of certain speakers with certain receivers.

The same thing happens on Blu-ray.com -- what a joke that place is. Their moderators are known for picking sides and having favorites during disputes. I was banned for -- get this -- IGNORING members who were ganging up on me and whom I was told to ignore, and after I did and said nothing when the insults began again, I was the one suddenly asked to leave. Post an image that they think is "suggestive" when it's not and you'll get thrown out (that's a big one there, too).

If you don't care for non-objective environments, DON'T join that forum.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The Polk forum was beyond vile (but so is Blu-ray.com), with members allowed to take someone's name and actually add derogatory references to their sexuality or other aspects of their personality between lines to insult them in reply posts, and the mods do NOTHING. I was banned for basically being bullied there and standing up for myself (I had things said about me that were COMPLETELY untrue) and for asking questions about the compatibility of certain speakers with certain receivers.

The same thing happens on Blu-ray.com -- what a joke that place is. Their moderators are known for picking sides and having favorites during disputes. I was banned for -- get this -- IGNORING members who were ganging up on me and whom I was told to ignore, and after I did and said nothing when the insults began again, I was the one suddenly asked to leave. Post an image that they think is "suggestive" when it's not and you'll get thrown out (that's a big one there, too).

If you don't care for non-objective environments, DON'T join that forum.
Wow. Sounds like a 3rd grade playground! Not sure why people feel the need. Oh yeah, because they can get away with it. Sad part is, If they acted like that to someone’s face, I’m sure they’d get punched in the nose. And rightly so.
I’ve also read that the reviewers over at BR.com use sound bars and crummy gear that isn’t very capable. As a consumer I totally understand having gear that’s determining by your own financial limits. But to me, if you’re reviewing films, and critiquing the soundtracks on technical merit, you should have at LEAST a decent midrange system. Or at least disclose that their opinion of such tracks should be taken while licking a salt block.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone having issues with not receiving notices that new posts have been made in subscribed-to threads?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sometimes. I use Tapatalk so I just figure it’s because of that. It gets sketchy sometimes.
Between the autocorrect of a cellphone and the autocorrect thats used here on AH, Proofreading constantly can be a hassle just between those two. Than Mods can and do Often remove delete or just a post or thread.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. Sounds like a 3rd grade playground! Not sure why people feel the need. Oh yeah, because they can get away with it. Sad part is, If they acted like that to someone’s face, I’m sure they’d get punched in the nose. And rightly so.
I’ve also read that the reviewers over at BR.com use sound bars and crummy gear that isn’t very capable. As a consumer I totally understand having gear that’s determining by your own financial limits. But to me, if you’re reviewing films, and critiquing the soundtracks on technical merit, you should have at LEAST a decent midrange system. Or at least disclose that their opinion of such tracks should be taken while licking a salt block.
LMAO, "licking a salt block" Lolo, I have this Image inside my head of a bunch of audio peeps All dressed up as brown cows licking salt blocks. After Listening to a bad soundbar only, movie soundtrack. lolo. Yeah, I have seen it happen one's getting knocked out cold for saying less in person than what some put down on postups on the internet. I gottgo check out that site.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@William Lemmerhirt, good thing this isn't like Gun Smoke uh? lol Think of the internet Social media forums like them Gun Smoke bar rooms everyone packing a six shooter in a Gun holster lolo Be Gun smoke all over this site. lmao. We need some Emoji's like peeps all gunned down Except it be, words coming out the guns knocking them over. Oh wow, lol Bill Hickok just got gun down worded down in cold blood! lol Get the rope Guys where gonna have some Keyboard cowboy justice! lmao. Than members can Join in a good ole game of hangman lolo. Have some Saloon girls come out dancing old Piano playing dude playing off the side, round of Drinks on AH guys. Gene gotta be Marshal Dillon. I already know who gets to be Marshal Dillons Deputy "Festus" that'll be " Loveinthehd" lol, "Barney" of Mayberry Andy Griffin show, be ADTG lmao. What you mean Andy! I locked him up cause he said Yamaha isn't most Reliable and best ever! lolo TLSGUY would be, well DOC, of course. "DigitalDawn'" gets to be Kitty. lol. All in fun guys. lol Now back to my Benj watching "DeadWood"on HBO. I got my eye on Trixie :D
744A109F-C113-4886-865F-DA16DEC1E472.jpeg

744A109F-C113-4886-865F-DA16DEC1E472.jpeg
8378692D-92C7-4EE4-996E-EF207CD795C8.jpeg
B265E22A-344B-4A09-A143-7D9B75485902.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis