What are you watching tonight?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hit the ESD ?
How you rollen over off of E Broussard rd Bro! All is well on your end? Outside of looking at any ESD station with those Big White Letters thats says, Pull to Shut in. Where else on any Production facility will you see ESD stations or TSE thats installed at? also what are the two Differences between the two? ESD or TSE? what part of the loop are they tied into? Will a TSE Shut down the facility completely? or will any ESD station Shut in production facility and the downhole valve?
Also, While you're at it thinking of those two Safety systems, Will TSE Shut in the master valve on the well head or close the downhill valve first if Activated? if so what Procedure will be needed at the MCP in order to start full Production back up after any TSE line blew? Are all Safety systems all Over the production Platform, downstream and upstream are Accounted for? What gages will you have to checked first at the MCP. What Pressure reading must be maintained before any safety system can be Activated in a closed loop before You even think of Equalizing the Pressure on a downhill valve that can Safely be opened? What if your on a unmanned Caisson platform and your the only Soul there to bring that well online, There isn't Any automation think old school Pneumatics only one ESD station. and one small Well Panel think stick in the Mud. Tree is at best +15 above sea level. Would you stay and bring the Well back online all alone while the field Boat runs the Block doing what they do best? or you pray that last guy who was there last Tighten all the bolts down on tree properly? lolo

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think American Gods is on Starz!, not HBO. :D
Lmao. That’s what I meant. It was free when I went back to Dish(directv sux Ime and between them an the att conglomerate they both suck).
Yeah Starz!!! Great show though.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Now what show about a dystopian future will we watch to distract us from our current dystopia?!
You sick you need help. Go see TLSGUY, but I fear there may be No hope. "Lost in Space"is a good show for you to watch lolo
05BD92E1-6BBE-4384-8BA6-38842356B365.jpeg

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Can you point me the Exact thread? I'd like to check the posts on that thread. But what you have just stated is nothing new as to what happens to new members on AH or members who don't or won't Conform to the "fold". Do Not Get Discouraged, TLSGUY "Doc" is a very well Respected member of AH. He is very Knowledgeable and has extensive knowledge in analog use and software use. TLSGUY "DOC" Is very Highly educated in his Field of science He is a Retired medical doctor. Emergency room trauma Doctor. The man has saved Countless lives,
So TLSGUY looks at things in black and white meaning he isn't going tell anyone what they want to hear. Any Patient should want a doctor thats going to tell them what they Don't want to hear. I'm not Defending TLSGUY "Doc" he needs No defense from any member on AH. Gene the owner of AH is also Highly educated in his field of science, I have read threads where TLSGUY and Gene where Discussing audio of Analog and digital use of gear. Was like having a front row seat to a class of meeting of minds. Same can be said of Bruno and PENG.
I don't get into the in and outs of The theory and application of audio. Some on AH love Discussing and putting up specs test results after all this is Probably the best audio forum on the Internet.
I do have a very good Understanding and working knowledge of audio. My field of Science was in the Petroleum industry Upstream production safety systems control systems pneumatics and Electronics over Pneumatics. Than before that in Automotive industry repair and Troubleshooting diagnostics of Control systems ECM systems. With all the Education I have it is Not even Closely related to audio Field of science. But Neither is audio Field of Science related to the field of Science I was in. I could walk Gene or TLSGUY around a Production platform ask one of them to Explain the Logics of a Master Control Panel ask one Simple question as to what the Process in Order that will Safely shut down the whole Production Facility, in order, to close the down hole valve without blowing the Production facility out of the water and not Kill everyone. And that all has to happen in less than a few Minutes or you'll have what happened to BP that blew up and killed 11 brave Souls who tried and gave their lives to save other's. Not to mention the Pollution of the Gulf of Mexico and Coast lines of the Gulf states and all the poor souls who lost their father or brothers in that Horrible human error accident. So this Audio isn't a life or Death thing here. No one here on AH is out to get anyone outside of a few sandbox pissing Contest of what amp or AVR is best or who knows most or who wins hands down. I've been called "the new dumb" just Recently. I played it off, the dude who posted that has No Clue as of who I'm or what My Education is doesn't matter it's not that important what does matter is this is a hobby at best. It really is all make believe when you stop and think about it. The movies are fake that we watch the music is real it is Art. So is the Science behind audio and the movie Industry all highly educated people in their fields. But in a life or Death situation it's small Compared to what TLSGuy has done in a ER room with only just One life that he help saved and He helped save Many. I was told by a Doctor once that it's the ones he couldn't help save that stays with him forever. That my friend takes a very Special Human being to go into that Field of science In my opinion we don't have enough of them in this world.
I'm really not following you here -- at all -- but I'm not going to be insulted by people like we're talking about, and others, who make fun of me for having "OCD" (which I DON'T) regardless of their professional background. That doesn't impress me in the least when you go ahead and tell someone I am the one wasting the forum's time with questions and that I'm obsessing over things that don't matter. Isn't that what forums like this are here for? Why should I be afraid to ask questions I am genuinely trying to get answers to as they relate to a very expensive piece of gear I purchased?

These people have been put on ignore, at any rate. What a horrible community this is, in so many ways.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, there were a handful of shows that I was looking forward to coming back, but now who knows when that will happen.
Your good man keep it coming with the clicks. :D
Thats a Big driver you have on your profile Avatar.
When you crank it up can you feel the wind in your hair. ;)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
But what you have just stated is nothing new as to what happens to new members on AH or members who don't or won't Conform to the "fold".
And perhaps that's it in a proverbial nutshell...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You sick you need help. Go see TLSGUY, but I fear there may be No hope. "Lost in Space"is a good show for you to watch lolo
I thought you wanted me to leave you alone, yet you keep rating my posts dumb and making personal attacks and calling me out. That's why I called you a boomer, because you argue like an old white man. When you're wrong you just start bringing up things that are totally unrelated and start making personal attacks.

As for asking about very specific knowledge about how to do your job, that shows me nothing. Everyone here works a job with very specific knowledge that people not in the field won't know. You're literally proving nothing except how obnoxious you are.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm really not following you here -- at all -- but I'm not going to be insulted by people like we're talking about, and others, who make fun of me for having "OCD" (which I DON'T) regardless of their professional background. That doesn't impress me in the least when you go ahead and tell someone I am the one wasting the forum's time with questions and that I'm obsessing over things that don't matter. Isn't that what forums like this are here for? Why should I be afraid to ask questions I am genuinely trying to get answers to as they relate to a very expensive piece of gear I purchased?

These people have been put on ignore, at any rate. What a horrible community this is, in so many ways.
I feel you man, I have some blocked also, You haven't done or posted up anything out of the Ordinary. My post was to try and lighten up the Responses you've been getting. No the internet isn't as friendly as most think it is. Just take a look at Twitter or other Social media sites Gene the owner of thus website has been hit up by Bullies trolls and to the point of out right Harassment on Facebook by someone that's a Business owner of audio gear that he sells. As you can see I get in to it with some doesn't mean I hate the person behind the Avatar profile. Take the dude on this thread going on about Sharks. lol he and I been hitting the "bumb" click lol on each other. So what, some of his post are fun reads some are not same goes for my post. I sure he's a good person, and if he isn't, not my place to Judge him or anyone else. Just have fun here on AH, who cares if everyone clicks on Emoji's or not or postup a rude Or sarcastic remark. It's the Internet! Could be someone in Russia with a Profile on here.
Just have fun! So what if people get banned or never cone back on AH. Now where's that dude with the Big speaker driver next to that small head he holding. Lolo

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I thought you wanted me to leave you alone, yet you keep rating my posts dumb and making personal attacks and calling me out. That's why I called you a boomer, because you argue like an old white man. When you're wrong you just start bringing up things that are totally unrelated and start making personal attacks.

As for asking about very specific knowledge about how to do your job, that shows me nothing. Everyone here works a job with very specific knowledge that people not in the field won't know. You're literally proving nothing except how obnoxious you are.
No! don't! I was joking! You got game bro! You a Shark to you just didn't know you Swimming with sharks or maybe you did know. Who cares! I don't mind the Emoji clicks really lolo AH needs members like us. Gotta break the Routine once in a while. I didn't care who thinks what of me on AH, I know you know that I know You been watching me watching you watching me. :D its All good don't care if you believe are you can prove there isn't any tiny sharks in Aquarium. ;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
And perhaps that's it in a proverbial nutshell...
There you go!! Now young Grasshopper Learn, growth comes from not having fear of your fellow AH members! Seek out TLSGuy he has taken many Youngling's as yourself under his wing. ADTG was his apprentice and look at ADTG now! He's a Jedi!
Only one there is no more no less. Go Forward face your fears Conquer them you will! May the Force of AH be with you. Young Padawan much to be Learned there is. :D

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve seen travoltas version of Pelham123 a lot. Great film. Didn’t even know it was redone!
You didn't know there was an ORIGINAL Pelham?

FAR better than the remake (and I like the Tony Scott remake), with one of the most clever, creative endings in all of Hollyweird; plus, Robert Shaw's take on the head hijacker character (who Travolta played in the remake) was far cooler and classier in the role.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
There you go!! Now young Grasshopper Learn, growth comes from not having fear of your fellow AH members! Seek out TLSGuy he has taken many Youngling's as yourself under his wing. ADTG was his apprentice and look at ADTG now! He's a Jedi!
Only one there is no more no less. Go Forward face your fears Conquer them you will! May the Force of AH be with you. Young Padawan much to be Learned there is. :D
Ummmmm….

I was just saying that it seems right that people here seem to pick on newbies and/or those who don't drink the proverbial Kool-Aid...

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I feel you man, I have some blocked also
No surprise there...:rolleyes:

You haven't done or posted up anything out of the Ordinary. My post was to try and lighten up the Responses you've been getting.
Appreciate it.

No the internet isn't as friendly as most think it is.
This is true, but I don't know anyone who thinks it's "friendly"...

Just take a look at Twitter or other Social media sites Gene the owner of thus website has been hit up by Bullies trolls and to the point of out right Harassment on Facebook by someone that's a Business owner of audio gear that he sells.
Now THAT is absolutely, positively beyond RIDICULOUS.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You didn't know there was an ORIGINAL Pelham?

FAR better than the remake (and I like the Tony Scott remake), with one of the most clever, creative endings in all of Hollyweird; plus, Robert Shaw's take on the head hijacker character (who Travolta played in the remake) was far cooler and classier in the role.
Nope! Didn’t know that. I like the newer one a lot, so now that you say that I will make an effort to give it a spin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis