What are you watching tonight?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Bullet to the head is on cinemax tonight, never seen it so I figure Ill watch it tonight it starts early 830, Im listening to music rite now, so in a few hours Ill be ready for some tv...

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Invisible Woman...not my choice tonight. Anyway Charles Dickens is a larger than life, charismatic celebrity, possibly the first media star when he meets a much younger woman and falls in love. It doesn't help that his wife, after 10 kids, has become grossly overweight and rather apathetic. When the young woman's mother more or less bargains her daughter to Dickens in return for help with the family theater career, Dickens takes on a long term mistress and separates from his wife. For some years after that she lives as a kept woman, having her very quiet affair with the author until his death. Apparently this is pretty much a true story, taken from a book of the same name.

The flick was directed and starred by Ralph Fiennes and is rather slow, quiet and very Victorian. Costumes and sets are excellent, the acting is spot on, but the whole thing is fairly drab. For a famous guy who risked his career, supported a mistress and broke a lot of rules in his time, the whole thing happened without much drama. In short, if you're looking for some Euro-Class and have a couple hours to kill, you could do worse. On the other hand, you could also do better.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
just watched adventures in babysitting with my niece and youngest son, lol... I had the biggest crush on Elisabeth Shue when I was younger, back to the future, karate kid, she was always the "girl next door" actress....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
just watched adventures in babysitting with my niece and youngest son, lol... I had the biggest crush on Elisabeth Shue when I was younger, back to the future, karate kid, she was always the "girl next door" actress....
I hear that.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Excellent version and I think better than the great 67' Beatty and Dunaway movie version. I might get this on BD:

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I recorded it on our DISH DVR (Hooper) a few weeks ago. DD 5.1 was decent during several of the shoot outs. I am going to rent the Bluray and watch it again.

K

kzaudiovideo

Banned
I;m still looking around for some good movies to watch. Perhaps the one you have here is a good recommendation. :)

itschris

itschris

Tonight is concert night. We're going to watch Collective Soul - Home. It's a great concert DVD if you like their music. This will be followed by my favorite band LIVE ... Live at the Paradiso

itschris

itschris

I wish there was a complete and definitive list of all ccncert dvd's and blu-rays. I have yet to find a soure that doesn't have the vast majoriy missing.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Chris There is a good thread over at AVS forum that list a bunch of good concert Blu-rays. I love to buy concerts of my favorites as well.

Fruitvale Station
. Heartbreaking. I broke down in tears watching this movie, which I don't do often. A+

The Spectacular Now. B+

Lizzie Borden Took An Ax B+

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Tonight is concert night. We're going to watch Collective Soul - Home. It's a great concert DVD if you like their music. This will be followed by my favorite band LIVE ... Live at the Paradiso
I own both of those...Collective Soul - Home, is very good. LIVE ... Live at the Paradiso, is good but I would have liked it a lot better if the camera moved off of Ed a little more often.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It was a Lord Of The Rings weekend with the First Hobbit movie on Bluray and the remainder of the Lord Of The Rings on DVD.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I watched last vegas tonight, now I am listening to some music waiting for 9pm to roll around when true detective starts, if I still awake when that ends maybe Ill watch shameless... Or maybe black sails... who knows...

Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
I finished The Americans and I'm in the middle of True Detective.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I finished The Americans and I'm in the middle of True Detective.
We watch them both, waiting on the new season of The Americans in a few weeks.. I just finished the DVD "2 Guns" worth a Redbox rent.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Hangover III B+ I enjoyed it more than the 2nd one. Stuck inside(snow) hmmmm what to watch today...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched 3 episodes of Bravo Series 19-2 Highly recommend it. American Hustle A+ getting this on BD. Everybody was great but, Amy Adams I predict will win the Oscar.
19-2 (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis