What are you watching tonight?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Just watched the climbing documentary:

Meru (2015)

I love watching these. I'm always looking for a good doc about climbing, and this was no exception. If you like climbing at all, I highly recommend it.
Did you watch 14 Peaks and was it any good?

Get well soon!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Did you watch 14 Peaks and was it any good?

Get well soon!
Yes. My wife and I watched it a few weeks ago. It was very good. I thought it would have been better as a docu series though, as I found it too short to cover the amount of climbing and human interest that the story was trying to convey. Overall though it was very well done.

And thanks. Feeling better day by day.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Final round of the PGA Farmers Insurance Open. Final round on a Saturday to avoid TV conflict with NFL Playoffs. Good for me as I won't have to worry about tomorrow.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, easily over 100$ a month. Heck, my internet alone is close to 100$/month. That being said, I was paying for the internet when I had cable as well, plus ~200$/month for cable. I'm still "saving" money just using streaming services.
With my cellphone plan, 146.00 a month. I had cable with my internet, bill was 138.00 no HBO or Showtime.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
After my previous post in this thread yesterday, I watched:

Turning Point: 9/11 and The War on Terror (5 part Netflix docu series)

Really well done. Very heart wrenching though at certain points. Even 20+ years later, it's a hard thing to comprehend. It gave a lot of history on where the Taliban came from.

After that, some lighter fair:

Layer Cake (2004)

I'm not sure why I hadn't watched this movie before. It's right up my alley for the type of movie I enjoy. Daniel Craig and Tom Hardy are both so young in this. Very Guy Ritchie esque.

Dread (2012)

I'd seen this one once before, at the end of 2015. One thing I noticed, the overall volume of the movie is very loud. I had to turn down everything on my system (it was already ~9 PM when I started watching it), so as not to keep my wife up (she went to bed early as she is working at the hospital today). Karl Urban is awesome. Too bad they never made a sequel to this one.

And that's the end of my 5 day quarantine. I got a ton of use out of my HT room this week, more than the last ~6 months combined probably. I'm pretty much burnt out on sitting in there until at least next weekend.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
After my previous post in this thread yesterday, I watched:

Turning Point: 9/11 and The War on Terror (5 part Netflix docu series)

Really well done. Very heart wrenching though at certain points. Even 20+ years later, it's a hard thing to comprehend. It gave a lot of history on where the Taliban came from.

After that, some lighter fair:

Layer Cake (2004)

I'm not sure why I hadn't watched this movie before. It's right up my alley for the type of movie I enjoy. Daniel Craig and Tom Hardy are both so young in this. Very Guy Ritchie esque.

Dread (2012)

I'd seen this one once before, at the end of 2015. One thing I noticed, the overall volume of the movie is very loud. I had to turn down everything on my system (it was already ~9 PM when I started watching it), so as not to keep my wife up (she went to bed early as she is working at the hospital today). Karl Urban is awesome. Too bad they never made a sequel to this one.

And that's the end of my 5 day quarantine. I got a ton of use out of my HT room this week, more than the last ~6 months combined probably. I'm pretty much burnt out on sitting in there until at least next weekend.
Layer Cake is an excellent movie! Like you said, very Ritchie-esque. Dredd was much better than the Stallone one. Karl Urban is great in it (as are most of his roles).

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Glad you're better, Fear.
After the football games, a bit of ultra violence to get ready for Monday...Something from the underrated movies file. Will be drinking PBRs in homage.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Glad you're better, Fear.
After the football games, a bit of ultra violence to get ready for Monday...Something from the underrated movies file. Will be drinking PBRs in homage.

Is movie or the football going to supply you with your ultra violence? :D

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Not much ultra-violence in the NFL games but they sure were entertaining. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis