What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry - fat fingers and a phone!
Oh okay.....LOL....

I was just gonna say, you probably didn't agree with my assessment of The Fly (because everyone loves that Cronenberg remake), which I would understand (I don't think it's a bad film by any means -- I just literally can't stomach it. One of the only films that actually give me nightmares).

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I'm now watching:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Symptoms are like a mild flu/bad cold (cough, congestion, headache, mild body aches but no fever). But fairly short lived so far. Started feeling crappy late Sunday night, but really didn't feel it until Monday night/Tuesday morning. I'm feeling much better already, and hopefully I'll be back to 100% in time to go back to work next Monday. That still gives me 2.5 days of movie/home theater time lol.
Hoping you get better.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
This needs to be 4k HDR/Dolby Vision. What are they waiting for?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Agreed. I would have bought that version first, no doubt, if it was available.

As it stands, though, I was upgrading from a full screen DVD version, so.....:eek::eek:o_Oo_O

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm now watching:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Symptoms are like a mild flu/bad cold (cough, congestion, headache, mild body aches but no fever). But fairly short lived so far. Started feeling crappy late Sunday night, but really didn't feel it until Monday night/Tuesday morning. I'm feeling much better already, and hopefully I'll be back to 100% in time to go back to work next Monday. That still gives me 2.5 days of movie/home theater time lol.
Oh wow, excellent news is very mild. Did you self test or actual test at doc? Yeah 2 1/2 days of movie time is awesome!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed. I would have bought that version first, no doubt, if it was available.

As it stands, though, I was upgrading from a full screen DVD version, so.....:eek::eek:o_Oo_O
Yeah I have the Blu Ray, awesome, awesome sound. Picture quality excellent as Blu Ray usually is.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Oh okay.....LOL....

I was just gonna say, you probably didn't agree with my assessment of The Fly (because everyone loves that Cronenberg remake), which I would understand (I don't think it's a bad film by any means -- I just literally can't stomach it. One of the only films that actually give me nightmares).
No, not disagreeing, The Fly being one of my least favorites of his (I enjoyed The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror take on it much better) and it was pretty gross. Among other Cronenberg movies previously mentioned, Scanners, Videodrome, Dead Ringers (Jeremy Irons should have received and Oscar for his performances) are also excellent. 1996's Crash (not to be confused with '04 flick of the same name) is disturbingly awesome. I have to admit, his films after Promises flew under my radar (I may have seen Cosmopolis while blackout drunk, so...) something I'll have to rectify.

For quite a long time, I would say my favorite directors are three Davids (Cronenberg, Finch and Lynch) and a Stanley. I later added a Christopher to that list.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Oh wow, excellent news is very mild. Did you self test or actual test at doc? Yeah 2 1/2 days of movie time is awesome!

I work on a Navy base (civilian worker). If we show any signs of COVID, we have to get tested before we can go to work for the day. I tested negative Monday, then positive Tuesday (after my symptoms became worse/more pronounced). I've been off of work since.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I work on a Navy base (civilian worker). If we show any signs of COVID, we have to get tested before we can go to work for the day. I tested negative Monday, then positive Tuesday (after my symptoms became worse/more pronounced). I've been off of work since.
I work for a township DPW and if positive its only 5 days now. I don't even think they make you test before you come back. Oh it's 5 days and then 5 days you have to wear a mask at all times. Something like that.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Guys, what a good streaming service other than Netflix?
Is Netflix even a "good" streaming service? So much old garbage on there, and so much of their own B tier "Netflix exclusive" crap. Plus they just announced another price increase. Pretty soon it's going to be more expensive to have streaming service, than it was to have regular cable.

That aside, I personally have Netflix, Disney + and Amazon Prime. I'm getting pretty bored with them all though.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, add another few things to my viewing marathon today:

One Strange Rock (episode 6)
Doomsday (2008 movie)
Hellboy (2019 remake)
Immortals (only made it half way through though)

That's 2 nights in a row that I've watched mediocre to terrible movies with Mila Jovavich in them (Monster Hunter last night). Though Hellboy wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it certainly wasn't good.

Doomsday was terrible as well. The only redeeming thing about it was that British actress that is a Kate Beckinsale look alike.

1 more day of quarantine.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
No, not disagreeing, The Fly being one of my least favorites of his (I enjoyed The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror take on it much better) and it was pretty gross. Among other Cronenberg movies previously mentioned, Scanners, Videodrome, Dead Ringers (Jeremy Irons should have received and Oscar for his performances) are also excellent. 1996's Crash (not to be confused with '04 flick of the same name) is disturbingly awesome. I have to admit, his films after Promises flew under my radar (I may have seen Cosmopolis while blackout drunk, so...) something I'll have to rectify.

For quite a long time, I would say my favorite directors are three Davids (Cronenberg, Finch and Lynch) and a Stanley. I later added a Christopher to that list.

I love Scanners

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Is Netflix even a "good" streaming service? So much old garbage on there, and so much of their own B tier "Netflix exclusive" crap. Plus they just announced another price increase. Pretty soon it's going to be more expensive to have streaming service, than it was to have regular cable.

That aside, I personally have Netflix, Disney + and Amazon Prime. I'm getting pretty bored with them all though.
By time you factor in your interest plus the price of all the streaming services bill can get over 100 bucks a month. Mine is over 93 a month now. I can't take watching over the air antenna TV.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
By time you factor in your interest plus the price of all the streaming services bill can get over 100 bucks a month. Mine is over 93 a month now. I can't take watching over the air antenna TV.
Yeah, easily over 100$ a month. Heck, my internet alone is close to 100$/month. That being said, I was paying for the internet when I had cable as well, plus ~200$/month for cable. I'm still "saving" money just using streaming services.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Have you tried streaming Pluto TV yet? You get bored of their content too after some time but there is a lot of interesting content for free. Also a 1970s/80s/90s video channels.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just watched the climbing documentary:

Meru (2015)

I love watching these. I'm always looking for a good doc about climbing, and this was no exception. If you like climbing at all, I highly recommend it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis