What are you watching tonight?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just watched Tenet. Don't blink or you’ll miss something. The soundtrack to this thing is insane! The bass practically has its own dialogue and should have been given a credit. Worth a watch for sure.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
To be honest, if I never saw it again, I'd be okay; I like Nolan, but it seems I haven't been able to get into anything he's done since Dark Knight Rises. I rented Dunkirk, Inception and all those other critically-lauded productions, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't know what was going on through most of Tenet, and I thought the "entropy inversion" theories were a bit hokey.

I did like the way Nolan opened the film with that terrorist takeover at the opera that smacked of the opening sequences of Dark Knight and Rises.

Now, as for the soundtrack -- indeed, the DTS-HD Master Audio mix was aggressive and somewhat ovecooked (and I understand both the Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray includes the same 5.1 mix; no Atmos for the 4K disc) but I have to agree with most reviewers that the mastering level was just way too hot in relation to the dialogue track. And I'm a person who loves their film soundtracks aggressive and dynamic....I just thought something was out of balance here.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, it wasn’t just me. I had to turn things down a couple of times during Tenet. Usually, I have to turn it up.:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just watched this one. Hilarious and poignant thriller featuring Robert Forster in his last onscreen performance.
764E2F4B-01F5-4258-97B3-EB345201080E.jpeg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To be honest, if I never saw it again, I'd be okay; I like Nolan, but it seems I haven't been able to get into anything he's done since Dark Knight Rises. I rented Dunkirk, Inception and all those other critically-lauded productions, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't know what was going on through most of Tenet, and I thought the "entropy inversion" theories were a bit hokey.

I did like the way Nolan opened the film with that terrorist takeover at the opera that smacked of the opening sequences of Dark Knight and Rises.

Now, as for the soundtrack -- indeed, the DTS-HD Master Audio mix was aggressive and somewhat ovecooked (and I understand both the Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray includes the same 5.1 mix; no Atmos for the 4K disc) but I have to agree with most reviewers that the mastering level was just way too hot in relation to the dialogue track. And I'm a person who loves their film soundtracks aggressive and dynamic....I just thought something was out of balance here.
I thought “Tenet“ is the worst movie by Nolan. I was disappointed. He’s trying to be different and cool with Reverse Thermodynamics, but it seems forced to me, like he’s trying to teach basic Thermodynamics and Physics class in reverse. :D

But it ends up being very confusing at times.

The soundtrack is overcooked for sure. I appreciate the hot as hell bass, and I usually don’t complain. But again, it just seems forced somehow.

It is also not in DTSX or Atmos, so I don’t know what Nolan’s problem is.

Also he continues to shoot his movies in ANALOG films, while many people are using 4, 5, 6, and 8K resolution DIGITAL cameras.

He loves to deal with the topic of time-space continuum and Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

But Nolan needs to get with the current times. :D

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Something! anything! any new Sci-fi monster movies out? anything where the whole Universe blows up? that'll be cool.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Something! anything! any new Sci-fi monster movies out? anything where the whole Universe blows up? that'll be cool.
I've been posting suggestions out the ying yang...

The Wolf of Snow Hollow may be the "monster movie" you're craving...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis