What are you watching tonight?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Umm, I know about sharks, I was a Biologist first with a focus on the marine side of things. Whale sharks don't eat other sharks. They are filter feeders and mostly eat krill and the occasional small fish that gets in it's way. The smallest known true shark gets to about 8 inches long. I don't even want to imagine a big toe that large...

Now you're talking about Oscars, which are freshwater, so if you're talking about the freshwater fish that they sometimes label as "sharks" they are usually a type of catfish, barb, or goldfish. The iridescent "shark" is actually a catfish and can get to be 4 feet long! Most other freshwater "sharks" can grow to be a foot long with proper care.

All of these fish get way too big for a 60 gallon tank.
It a joke, as in not to be taken Seriously. I know a Lot about fish and Marine life. Why or how do I know about Such things? cause in my other life I was Aquaman!! and a Scientist before that and before that I did watch Finding Nemo! All the bubbles the bubbles the bubbles! As for doing a Actual aquarium nan not really for me. Outside of Bathing and drinking water that's about all I'll have to do with water. I lived on the water mostly for 15 years out in the Gulf of Mexico. I've seen things that you could only Imagine up close and personal. Beautiful and deadly both at the same time and some I care not to ever see again. Jellyfish big as a human, Whales that could swallow a school bus. Sharks the size a school bus. Lemon fish, barracudas that'll eat you as a snack. So Studying marine life is one thing Actually being in the water with some of those critters whole different world. Now ask me about how it feels to be Stung by one of those jellyfish the size of a human being.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Nah, I'm good. Besides, I won't know if you're for real or not, so why bother?
Than don't read my Threads or post seems like you just want Confrontation. Staying in the Fold Trying to "Bait" members into Conversation just to discredit them happens all the time on AH and others forums.
But from what I have read on Your post Your No Expert either just your educated opinion in my book.
You or I needed not Prove anything just to feel validated or legit to anyone on the net. Most Petroleum engineers that Flew out to the Gulf of Mexico on to A production platform. Couldn't bring a Live Well online wouldn't even know Difference between a downhill valve or the master valve on a Well Head. Forget about The Logix behind the control panel. Most outside of their field of Science with dumb as rocks. Including the geologist.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Than don't read my Threads or post seems like you just want Confrontation. Staying in the Fold Trying to "Bait" members into Conversation just to discredit them happens all the time on AH and others forums.
But from what I have read on Your post Your No Expert either just your educated opinion in my book.
You or I needed not Prove anything just to feel validated or legit to anyone on the net. Most Petroleum engineers that Flew out to the Gulf of Mexico on to A production platform. Couldn't bring a Live Well online wouldn't even know Difference between a downhill valve or the master valve on a Well Head. Forget about The Logix behind the control panel. Most outside of their field of Science with dumb as rocks. Including the geologist.
I wasn't trying to bait you into conversation or start a confrontation. I was trying to correct your mistakes about wildlife. But you seem to enjoy labeling factual messages as "creative" and then when you're called out on your wrong information you say it was just a joke and get all confrontational. I'm sorry you find facts confrontational.

And you're right, I'm not an expert in the sense that I don't have a PhD in Marine Biology and fly around the world to study sharks. Having said that, though, I see no reason to explain my credentials and experience to you, as you'll just brush it off as an "educated opinion".

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I wasn't trying to bait you into conversation or start a confrontation. I was trying to correct your mistakes about wildlife. But you seem to enjoy labeling factual messages as "creative" and then when you're called out on your wrong information you say it was just a joke and get all confrontational. I'm sorry you find facts confrontational.

And you're right, I'm not an expert in the sense that I don't have a PhD in Marine Biology and fly around the world to study sharks. Having said that, though, I see no reason to explain my credentials and experience to you, as you'll just brush it off as an "educated opinion".
Last time I checked Correcting mistakes isn't what this forum is about. Again it's the Internet don't believe everything you read on the internet. You yourself said I hope "Gmoney is joking" if you took what I posted up than the jokes on You!:D But if You feel the need to go around Correcting everybody's post with facts and Proof you'll find a lot will Accommodate you. As for what I know or don't know is Irrelevant. This is a Audio Forum and the only ones opinion that really matters is Gene's.
It's his Website, Rule #1 Gene is always right. :)Rule #2 When Gene is wrong see rule #1. :D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Last time I checked Correcting mistakes isn't what this forum is about. Again it's the Internet don't believe everything you read on the internet. You yourself said I hope "Gmoney is joking" if you took what I posted up than the jokes on You!:D But if You feel the need to go around Correcting everybody's post with facts and Proof you'll find a lot will Accommodate you. As for what I know or don't know is Irrelevant. This is a Audio Forum and the only ones opinion that really matters is Gene's.
It's his Website, Rule #1 Gene is always right. :)Rule #2 When Gene is wrong see rule #1. :D
Misinformation about keeping sharks in aquariums is not something anyone should be dispensing whether a joke or not. There are plenty of people who might read it and not know any better. Then the shark suffers, the person is disappointed, and the aquarium hobby is ruined for someone because of misinformation and all involved lose.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Misinformation about keeping sharks in aquariums is not something anyone should be dispensing whether a joke or not. There are plenty of people who might read it and not know any better. Then the shark suffers, the person is disappointed, and the aquarium hobby is ruined for someone because of misinformation and all involved lose.
Hey! I have a shark. A red tailed black shark(it’s part of the carp family). She’s almost 7” long and lives in our 75gal. We named her Finderella.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you Glad to know you believe that Gene is "dumb" What part of Gene is always right that You didn't understand? If I where You and I'm not I wouldn't be clicking anything "Dumb" to anyones postup with Genes name in it. Gene has a Lot of Special Operations buddies from his days with the department of defense. Last guy that clicked Dumb to one of Genes postup where his name was even mentioned they still can't find that guy. :D I myself know without a doubt Gene isn't dumb the man has done work for our Department of Defense which by the way is highly classified. Not even Yamaha can read though all the "blacked out"
page's. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sooo You want to be a Shark? To be one ask one.
You seem to be on the right track. Nothing wrong with being at the top of the food chain in a Aquarium. You mentioned catfish, which of the Catfish family Do You find to be the most Succulent?
The Blue Belly catfish? or the yellow Belly catfish?
or The mullet catfish? They are All Bottom Freeders of the food chain. They Nibble on everything! from Human waste think Sewage to Human skeletons to hide Evidence of a crime. Than you have Crabs no not the ones ones you got from the lil hottie you picked up in your School days in college. Sorry it happens to all red blooded American guys in college at one time or another. Crabs they are of the Crustacean family Many many types out there. Some as Big as a Human being some as small as the ones you'll find by only looking into a Microscope think Craps in and around your pubic hair and on your Gonads. Being a Shark isn't a bad thing I feel Sharks get a bad rap from not being Allowed being pets in an aquarium. So what if they to big for a 100 gallon Aquarium! I know this one guy turned his 40ft Swimming pool into aquarium put two sharks in his Swimming pool. They had a bunch of baby sharks. But the male shark found out he got crabs from the female shark. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Here's what I'm listening to tonight with my new HSU VTF-3 MK5.

Don't think there's any sharks in it. :D
Hey Man! have your watched Blade Runner 2049? That movie is Full of Sharks! Luv is The best! Than there are Replicant sharks, but they are called "Skin Jobs" The virtual sharks are the Prettiest and sexiest but they don't bite like the real Replicants. Only the one Rachel shark lol Replicated a real baby! Go watch it again She is the Real Shark Behind a glass window! She just can't come outside!
She makes all the Memories for all the other shark replicants. No Sharks in Blade Runner 2049! Man You missed the whole point of Blade Runner 2049!
They even have Mr-. Shaky legs Presley as a Virtual Replicant in Blade Runner 2049. No Sharks yeah ok.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you Glad to know you believe that Gene is "dumb" What part of Gene is always right that You didn't understand? If I where You and I'm not I wouldn't be clicking anything "Dumb" to anyones postup with Genes name in it. Gene has a Lot of Special Operations buddies from his days with the department of defense. Last guy that clicked Dumb to one of Genes postup where his name was even mentioned they still can't find that guy. :D I myself know without a doubt Gene isn't dumb the man has done work for our Department of Defense which by the way is highly classified. Not even Yamaha can read though all the "blacked out"
page's. :D
Sooo You want to be a Shark? To be one ask one.
You seem to be on the right track. Nothing wrong with being at the top of the food chain in a Aquarium. You mentioned catfish, which of the Catfish family Do You find to be the most Succulent?
The Blue Belly catfish? or the yellow Belly catfish?
or The mullet catfish? They are All Bottom Freeders of the food chain. They Nibble on everything! from Human waste think Sewage to Human skeletons to hide Evidence of a crime. Than you have Crabs no not the ones ones you got from the lil hottie you picked up in your School days in college. Sorry it happens to all red blooded American guys in college at one time or another. Crabs they are of the Crustacean family Many many types out there. Some as Big as a Human being some as small as the ones you'll find by only looking into a Microscope think Craps in and around your pubic hair and on your Gonads. Being a Shark isn't a bad thing I feel Sharks get a bad rap from not being Allowed being pets in an aquarium. So what if they to big for a 100 gallon Aquarium! I know this one guy turned his 40ft Swimming pool into aquarium put two sharks in his Swimming pool. They had a bunch of baby sharks. But the male shark found out he got crabs from the female shark. :D
Now who's trying to instigate? I never said that Gene is dumb. I rated your post as dumb because this forum is about disseminating scientifically backed information and test results.

You sure to love to redirect things, don't you? I correct some things you say about sharks and suddenly you have to bring up Gene, oil rigs, petroleum engineers, who works for the department of defense, and a million other unrelated things. Not to mention the veiled threats inherent in your (I'm sure) "joking" messages. And then the personal attacks. I'm not bringing up your dating history or possible sexual and/or mental diseases. The only thing I've said to you that could have been antagonizing is that I didn't want to ask about your jellyfish story. Mostly because It seems like everything you write is meant to be taken as a joke, which I'll be sure to keep in mind for the future.

Since you want to go on about it all, here's a link for you:

https://www.audioholics.com/siteinfo

You'll notice the first article is titled "About Audioholics - Pursuing the Truth," and it states "a group of Engineers got frustrated with marketing gimmicks in the Audio Industry and took it upon themselves to pursue the truth and educate the masses." That whole pursuing the truth and educating the masses part seems pretty much in line with correcting mistakes and the spread of misinformation.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Now who's trying to instigate? I never said that Gene is dumb. I rated your post as dumb because this forum is about disseminating scientifically backed information and test results.

You sure to love to redirect things, don't you? I correct some things you say about sharks and suddenly you have to bring up Gene, oil rigs, petroleum engineers, who works for the department of defense, and a million other unrelated things. Not to mention the veiled threats inherent in your (I'm sure) "joking" messages. And then the personal attacks. I'm not bringing up your dating history or possible sexual and/or mental diseases. The only thing I've said to you that could have been antagonizing is that I didn't want to ask about your jellyfish story. Mostly because It seems like everything you write is meant to be taken as a joke, which I'll be sure to keep in mind for the future.

Since you want to go on about it all, here's a link for you:

https://www.audioholics.com/siteinfo

You'll notice the first article is titled "About Audioholics - Pursuing the Truth," and it states "a group of Engineers got frustrated with marketing gimmicks in the Audio Industry and took it upon themselves to pursue the truth and educate the masses." That whole pursuing the truth and educating the masses part seems pretty much in line with correcting mistakes and the spread of misinformation.
Your having a bad day uh? You been watching to much CNN, fake Media. Can't reason with one brite light bulb out of a six pack. No One Cares about sharks in a fish tank! Only Sharks care. Please go find Another post or person to troll.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Your having a bad day uh? You been watching to much CNN, fake Media. Can't reason with one brite light bulb out of a six pack. No One Cares about sharks in a fish tank! Only Sharks care. Please go find Another post or person to troll.
Ok boomer

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Fellas...

I'm SO sorry I brought up my goldfish tank....please let's move beyond it. This was the wrong thread for it; I just got excited when I saw that Pirates of the Caribbean ship because we just themed our tank with a two-piece shipwreck set from PetSmart:

1592866736289.png

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Fellas...

I'm SO sorry I brought up my goldfish tank....please let's move beyond it. This was the wrong thread for it; I just got excited when I saw that Pirates of the Caribbean ship because we just themed our tank with a two-piece shipwreck set from PetSmart:

View attachment 37364
Your good, the Conversation between you and your Aquarium are great. No one in their right mind would put a Shark in a Aquarium full of pet fish. My postup was fun, funny and It's intent was to get a chuckle. But someone Decided it wasn't funny. And tried to make a issue of what Sharks eat. :rolleyes: Nothing of that postup is real. Except for the fact I did have a friend who put two sharks in a swimming pool. But they never Made it out alive dude tried to keep them alive Sharks are Saltwater fish! He did chop off the heads and keep the Shark teeth as Souvenirs.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ok boomer
Me a boomer? Your the one who doesn't get the humor side of my post. You of all people who says that your Educated with a degree. Should have known from jump my post wasn't Meant to be taken seriously. As for me being "Ok boomer" Being closed minded isn't my Style or even from your Generation of "baby" shark boomers.lolo .:p was Interesting to say the least. Lots of Sharks up in here, be careful they got a lot of Bigger Sharks up in here. Think "Shark Tank" like that TV show.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis