What are you watching tonight?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I started watching Hemlock Grove last week. Good horror is hard to find. I made it to Episode 8 and gave up. Good horror is still hard to find, apparently.

That show just kept creating more and more trivial plot branches without trying to resolve any of them. Way too slow moving. 3 good episodes could have advanced the plot a lot further.
My wife and I struggled all the way through to the end. It got better, strayed and got better again. Interesting premise...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry I can't like this thread, lol. I would love to see Brees and the Saints win another Superbowl but I can't get myself to like a thread where someone is rooting against the Saints . . . .
Saints blew that one, tho. I always root against Dallas, tho. Ever since The Catch :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Trying out “Shooter” on Netflix. So far so good. Some parallels to the mark wahlberg film(who is a producer of this series), and it’s actually pretty good.
Antione Fuqua is also executive director(iirc) who’s very interesting and also did magnificent 7 which I really enjoyed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good documentary Lynyrd Skynyrd: If I Leave Here Tomorrow

Great tidbit I didn't know was how the band got its name....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Been watching HBO’s “My Brilliant Friend”. Another awesome series from HBO,

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Watched the 3rd Dectective Dee movie at lunchtime today. Definitely a blast!

Going to watch "Equalizer 2" after dinner. I'm looking forward to that as well!

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Took my wife to see "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald". She liked it. I thought it was drawn out and slow. The first one was much better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Tried to watch The Nightflyers. And they canceled The Expanse for this mess??? Just don't bother. a confusing and messy story which doesn't make much sense. I literally stopped in the middle of the 1st episode and erase the rest of the show. 3/10.
I've watched "Nightflyers" E01-08. So will watch E09-10 soon.

So far I think every episode of Nightflyers has been interesting enough to keep my attention, which I can't say for "The Expanse", which I thought was extremely boring until maybe the last 2 episodes of Season 1. It got much more interesting after S01, but I had to "force" myself to watch The Expanse Season 1 so many times. :D

I don't want to rate "Nightflyers" until I finish E09-10. But so far I would rate it 8/10. 100% better than Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. :D

Edit: now that I have seen the entire season, this is my final rating for Nightflyers: Stupid.:D

I would give it a 6/10. Some parts were exciting, but after episode 7, it got stupid for me. :D

So I would agree that it is not on the same level as The Expanse. :D

Last edited:
jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Watched the 3rd Dectective Dee movie at lunchtime today. Definitely a blast!

Going to watch "Equalizer 2" after dinner. I'm looking forward to that as well!

I didn't know there was a 3rd Detective Dee movie. I'll have to look for it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I started The Protector on Netflix last night. Only watched two episodes but it's good so far. It was made in Turkey and dubbed into English for the US.

S

Spdmn256

Junior Audioholic
Just watched Transformers: The Last Knight. It was entertaining and had a good cast but was pretty long and the plot was just OK. Entertaining action scenes and sound effects.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finished "The Last Kingdom" S03 and "Ozark" S02. Both are great. Looking forward to their next seasons.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just watched "The Stone Killer" - 1973, Charles Bronson, Martin Balsam

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis