What are you playing right now...

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Finally after 3 attempts at camping Microcenter since I could not get one online due to bots! Really wanted the RTX 3080 due to cost, but ended up they only had this. EVGA FTW ULTRA 3090. Figured the extra ram won't hurt, but minimal performance gain. Do not want to get up at 4AM again and wait 6 hours outside in 45 degree weather. Sold my EVGA FTW ULTRA 2080TI before the market crashed, so only cost me about $800.

Finally I can play Flight Simulator again!

Attachments

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Finally after 3 attempts at camping Microcenter since I could not get one online due to bots! Really wanted the RTX 3080 due to cost, but ended up they only had this. EVGA FTW ULTRA 3090. Figured the extra ram won't hurt, but minimal performance gain. Do not want to get up at 4AM again and wait 6 hours outside in 45 degree weather. Sold my EVGA FTW ULTRA 2080TI before the market crashed, so only cost me about $800.

Shoulda waited for AMD's big Navi. All good things for those who wait.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Shoulda waited for AMD's big Navi. All good things for those who wait.
AMD has let me down too many times. Their hardware has always been decent but their drivers are a whole other story.

That being said, I have been watching their new CPUs and I may actually go back to and AMD build for the first time in 17 years when I built an AMD FX-53. That was my first computer build and I paid $900 for the CPU alone.

Last edited:
pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
AMD has let me down too many times. Their hardware has always been decent but their drivers are a whole other story.

That being said, I have been watching their new CPUs and I may actually go back to and AMD build for the first time in 17 years when I built an AMD FX-53. That was my first computer build and I paid $900 for the CPU alone.
The threadripper, for instance, is a phenomenal buy for engineering companies these days man. i am in management now, but i started as a controls/sim/test engineer back then). We used to spend absurd amounts of cash for hardware back in the days and that's changed now. No contest for home use/enthusiast use on these, of course. The Intel weasel monopoly's prices had to come way down (i like competition and things like that)

The Big Navi benchmarks they revealed recently look very close to the Nvidia 3080. Word's out that there is another card (that they didn't show at the reveal event) that could bury the Nvidia 3080.

They've taken down one giant (Intel)....and it looks like they're on their way to take down the next (Nvidia).

I am thinking it's all that CEO savant from MIT they have now (Lisa Su). She's the brains behind this new revival of AMD, it seems.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I'm on the waitlist for an EVGA 3080. Just updated my aging Intel 4690k to an AMD Ryzen 3900x. First time going AMD since the socket A days. Those were some fun times.

I've got a 2070 so I'm not exactly hurting, but I want Borderlands 3 to run higher than 40fps...

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was an idiot and took a chance downloading Baldur's Gate 3 from Steam. How they can charge full price for a beta game is beyond me, but I needed something to play. Needless to say I got about 15 minutes into the game before perma-crash mode.

Will not do that again

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Playing Assassin's creed on Xbox One Series X. Wow that is such a bad name for a game console. MS needs to fire the marketing team, but otherwise a great system.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
...with myself, as usual. When they make a better game, I’ll play it.:p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Playing Assassin's creed on Xbox One Series X. Wow that is such a bad name for a game console. MS needs to fire the marketing team, but otherwise a great system.
Which assassin's creed? There are so, so many

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
22.jpg

Reminds me of Bladerunner 2049 with more female parts. :D

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I got my Series X yesterday. Tried out a couple of old games, LA Noire and Skyrim. I'm probably going to grab AC Valhalla for the weekend.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Believe it or not the 90s Masters of Orion 2 (Moo2) plays on my Win10 desktop. Still my all-time favorite pc space strategy game. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Medium on Xbox One Series X. It's kinda an old school horror game with bad camera angles, but they are used as part of the story. 7/10 so far.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Genshin Impact. Don't judge till you try. I have zero intention to spend any real money on it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Borderlands 3. I won't move on till I get over 300 hours in. Probably.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Backyard Hockey (2005)- Surprisingly does work on Win 10. I'm not sure why I bought it beyond nostalgia? Oh well, funny story is seller sends me a message asking me if I still want it cause he found a few scratches on it but still plays fine. I said yeah, and he said 'great cause I'd been trying to sell this for a year.' LOL

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis