What are you playing right now...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have The Witcher 3 in my queue but still have to finish Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. What happened to the good old days when I had time to play a game to the end? Retirement can't come soon enough! :D
I still play games to their end, but that may take a lot longer now lmao. Before a game that might have taken a few weeks will take a few months depending on work schedule.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
And my brain won't let me play games with ancient graphics any more. :p
I didn't think that would happen when I went from PS3 to PS4 but it did. The old games just didn't look good anymore. So when I went PS5 from PS4, I already knew that would happen.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
And my brain won't let me play games with ancient graphics any more. :p
Yeah, I recently got back to the new and updated Skyrim (special?) edition, and I couldn't enjoy it due to very old and low poly gfx.
Same for 1st Witcher. The 2nd one's controls are not great, but at least GFX is decent.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I completely forgot about this thread.

Most recently, Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5.

(Bought the FF16 Bundle on sale... basically free game. While somewhat fun to play, I quickly tired of the FF mechanics... beautiful game, but I hate button mashers as a rule. In that regard I was severely disappointed in the game as I was a big fan of the older FF games. Still have fond memories of FF3 and of course 7. Really enjoyed Tactics, too.
Anyway, that game got "shelved" as soon as the 2.0 Update came out for Cyberpunk.)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I recently got back to the new and updated Skyrim (special?) edition, and I couldn't enjoy it due to very old and low poly gfx.
Same for 1st Witcher. The 2nd one's controls are not great, but at least still decent.
Bad graphics I can get over, but bad controls? No thanks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's another issue. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, sometimes it does.
Some games are so good, graphics don't matter. Like Last of Us. The various graphics updates did not really improve the game since it was already great.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Some games are so good, graphics don't matter. Like Last of Us. The various graphics updates did not really improve the game since it was already great.
That's a game I want to replay on PC now that it's finally been released for it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's a game I want to replay on PC now that it's finally been released for it.
The second one got all the awards, and it was good for sure, but I felt the first one was better. For sure one of my all time favorites. The first playthrough of the first one is pretty intense.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The second one got all the awards, and it was good for sure, but I felt the first one was better. For sure one of my all time favorites. The first playthrough of the first one is pretty intense.
Yeah, I played through it with a friend on playstation when it first came out and we were both amazed with the story. I've never played the second one.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Finally Finished Alan Wake 2 - 960/1000 Achievement, now I have to go back and do two things to get to 100%, just going to go back to a previous save and hope I can get it done that way lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Started playing Nobody Saves the World one of the free games from PS Plus. It is pretty fun so far.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The review said Nobody Saves the World doesn't suffer from Diablo 4 grinding, but at the higher levels, it does still require some grinding. The one place where it vastly improves on most RPGs is rather than being locked into one set of abilities, you can pick and choose from all of them on the fly. You have one character with the ability to change to the other classes, some of which are hilarious: "Egg". Each class has one special ability that is hard coded to them, however once you have it, you can add both the core skills and abilities to other classes, which encourages you to mix and match. Where it starts to grind is when you need to unlock a new class and you have to use a particular character to do it. Still, overall a great time waster.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Spiderman 2 PS5 - Seriously no learning curve they toss you in combat from the first 10 seconds lol

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Started up a new game of Master of Orion 2. One of the all-time best space colonize and conquer games ever IMHO. Released in the mid 90s and still works on Win 11. I wish my Tiger Woods golf sims worked on Win 11. :(

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Just out of curiosity, are there any here looking forward to Sins of a Solar Empire 2? Or perhaps might already have the tech demo/EA release?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis