what are you playing right now thread

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My last ME was an Adept/Bastion/AR bonus as a new character on insanity. The first 20 or so levels were tough because I had crap weapons and couldn't use my biotics enough. By the time I hit level 30 or so it got pretty easy. By then I had money for Spectre weapons.

Far Cry is weird. Supposedly you have to worry about the condition of your weapons but I don't know how you can tell. There doesn't seem to be any sort of inventory. I guess I'm more used to RPGs. The only shooters I've played lately were the Rainbow 6 Vegas games.

Jim
Mass Effect is a sweet game :D. I have been meaning to play that game through again on the hardest setting using adept. I previously have played as a soldier and vangaurd. I bet once your biotics are leveled up you are unstoppable. There is a Mass Effect 2 in development btw :).

I liked Rainbow 6 Vegas a lot. The realistic setting gives you a really good challange. Overall, I found it to be a much better game than Far Cry 2.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I think my favorite class is Infiltrator/Commando. I've played everything but Sentinel. I would not want to try a sentinel from level 1 on insanity. I just know I would die a lot.

A high level adept can be pretty unstoppable. If you do it right, you can keep casting lift/throw and singularity almost constantly. The trick is to try to get a Savant X bio-amp and wear 2 medical X inserts in your armor. Plus take bastion for a prestige class. Max out adept/bastion as soon as practical.

I haven't played the hardest difficulty level in R6 Vegas yet. A few parts kicked my *** over and over on normal. :eek:

Jim

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
It's a flippin' awesome game, I have no idea why I have never played it before...

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Just started Far Cry 2. So far I hate the lack of save points. It seems they are close together for the easy parts but nowhere nearby when you need to pass 4 checkpoints on the way to a mission.

Jim
IDK about consoles but the PC version you can save any time anywhere....the little save boxes on the walls seem to just be reminders. You can save by pausing and going to save.

Far Cry is weird. Supposedly you have to worry about the condition of your weapons but I don't know how you can tell. There doesn't seem to be any sort of inventory. I guess I'm more used to RPGs. The only shooters I've played lately were the Rainbow 6 Vegas games.

Jim
I like the lack of info in FC2, for me it adds a sense of realism. How would you really know in real life you know?

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Mass Effect is a sweet game :D. I have been meaning to play that game through again on the hardest setting using adept. I previously have played as a soldier and vangaurd. I bet once your biotics are leveled up you are unstoppable. There is a Mass Effect 2 in development btw :).

I liked Rainbow 6 Vegas a lot. The realistic setting gives you a really good challange. Overall, I found it to be a much better game than Far Cry 2.
I love R6Vegas....I would agree it is much more enjoyable (IE better) than FC2. The gunplay is superb. I love the wall hugging/cover system, it is so easy to use, yet requires a bit of skill/practice to master.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X.

It's pretty freaking awesome IMO.

The combat is excellent. It runs like butter on a 7600gt.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Last night I had 3 close friends over for a guy gaming night. We had pizza, beer and played Burnout Paradise {on the PS3} in "Party Mode", where you take turns doing various stunts and challenges. Then we moved on to several rounds of BOOM BLOX's {Wii}, we had a blast! :)

Flag-Matic

Flag-Matic

Audioholic Intern
I actually started playing counter strike source again. i've been playing this valve games for like 10 years... :eek:

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
Just picked up Fight Night Round 3.

Also, Halo 3 every night with my clan.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I've waited patiently for days for Alex's post. I don't know how much longer I can wait.
I wish I could say I am playing something new:D

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Resident Evil 5 :D Trying to finish it off on veteran, but a few spots are actually quite difficult, even with fully upgraded weapons. That is a good thing to me :)

M

maxcoen0617

Audiophyte
Killzone 2, Prince of persia (which I have actually been enjoying tremendously!)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Resident Evil 5 :D Trying to finish it off on veteran, but a few spots are actually quite difficult, even with fully upgraded weapons. That is a good thing to me :)
I'm up to chapter 2 and anything that latches onto you has the potential of killing you, the dogs for example have been tough. The shotty works great with them but I still have died a few times. My fully upgraded magnum is uber powerful. The first chainsaw guy I encountered, I finished him off with a few shots :). The more I play this game the more I am enjoying it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm up to chapter 2 and anything that latches onto you has the potential of killing you, the dogs for example have been tough. The shotty works great with them but I still have died a few times. My fully upgraded magnum is uber powerful. The first chainsaw guy I encountered, I finished him off with a few shots :). The more I play this game the more I am enjoying it.
I gave Sheva the mag and I am using the M500, both with unlimited ammo. Normal characters die in one shot, sub-bosses take 2. Just like RE4, this one has a lot of replay value. I am having a hard time finishing the last level on Mercenaries as Chris though.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I gave Sheva the mag and I am using the M500, both with unlimited ammo. Normal characters die in one shot, sub-bosses take 2. Just like RE4, this one has a lot of replay value. I am having a hard time finishing the last level on Mercenaries as Chris though.

I am not using any guns that have unlimited ammo. The magnum bullets are precious and used on tough oppenents that would eat up a lot of my ammo. Currently I am using a shotgun, magnum, sniper rifle and sig. Sheva gets all my leftover guns that I don't use as much and I always give her the health packages because she will heal me automatically, then I don't have to go into the menu to use them. It works well in battles.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unlimited ammo is almost to the only way to get all Ss. On some levels it can be done without it, but levels with a lot of guys or bigger bosses can be tough to get good accuracy and time all at once.

I keep one health for myself and give the rest to her for the same reason. I also set her to attack before entering an area with a lot of enemies and she does a pretty good job of clearing.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Unlimited ammo is almost to the only way to get all Ss. On some levels it can be done without it, but levels with a lot of guys or bigger bosses can be tough to get good accuracy and time all at once.

I keep one health for myself and give the rest to her for the same reason. I also set her to attack before entering an area with a lot of enemies and she does a pretty good job of clearing.

I never toggle between cover and attack. I should start doing that. Thats a good tip.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I put Far Cry 2 aside for a while. I'm playing Mass Effect again. This is my third play through in the last two or three months. This time I'm playing a Vanguard/Shock Trooper/Singularity.

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis