What are you listening to now?

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
rgriffin25 said:
How is the new Audioslave disc? I really liked the first one.
i really liked the first one but this new one seems... boring. I need to give it a few more listens but so far I don't like it that much

right now I am listening to Slearer-Kinney

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Judas Priest - Diamonds And Rust and then I'll listen to
The Bloodhound Gang - Hold Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Into The Arena by the Micheal Schenker Group on casette from 1980. It still rocks after all those years.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
Yes. A fellow indie guy. Don't see many of us around here. I've got the new one from him on heavy rotation, the Woman King EP.

Also on rotation right now: The National, Architecture in Helsinki, Stars, Spoon, and The Fiery Furnaces.

P

pretzel logic

Audiophyte
gene said:
IMO Nightfly is Donald Fagens best work and I actually consider it to be Steely Dan music just b/c its so damn good! That album was and still is ahead of its time ;)
Anything Steely dan or Fagan/Becker ever did or produced is brilliant.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Led Zeppelin DVD

I'm listening to LED ZEPPELIN DVD.

Robert Plant:Vocal and Harmonics
Jimmy Page:Electric and Acoustic Guitars
John Paul Jones:Bass Guitar,Keyboards and Mandolin
John Bonham: Drums and Percussion

Old stuff, but worth a listen to anyone interested in the birth of METAL.
The New Yardbirds kicked ars and took names.
Who- tell me was any better on Drums than John Bonham? ;)

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
I would say that Bonham is in my "top 3" of favorite drummers, along with Keith Moon and Ginger Baker. I suppose that Bonham is most noted for the sheer power of his drumming, but he also swings pretty well on the bluesy songs.

I think it is interesting that Ludwig sells a replica of Bonham's kit from the The Song Remains the Same movie. See this link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=perc/search/detail/base_pid/446400/

I don't recall the movie enough to know if it is exactly the same, but what's interesting about it is that instead of having two drum-mounted toms and one floorstander, it has one drum-mounted tom and two floorstanders, for a deeper, fuller sound. In any case, its popularity is a tribute to Bonham's reputation.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
rschleicher said:
I would say that Bonham is in my "top 3" of favorite drummers, along with Keith Moon and Ginger Baker. I suppose that Bonham is most noted for the sheer power of his drumming, but he also swings pretty well on the bluesy songs.

I think it is interesting that Ludwig sells a replica of Bonham's kit from the The Song Remains the Same movie. See this link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=perc/search/detail/base_pid/446400/

I don't recall the movie enough to know if it is exactly the same, but what's interesting about it is that instead of having two drum-mounted toms and one floorstander, it has one drum-mounted tom and two floorstanders, for a deeper, fuller sound. In any case, its popularity is a tribute to Bonham's reputation.
That's a gorgeous drum kit! :)

M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
Early This AM

I woke up very early this morning and started my day with Miles Davis SACD of "In A Silent Way".

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Donald Fagen - True Companion

(It's from the Heavy Metal soundtrack)

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Artist: The Dresden Dolls
Track: Girl Anachronism
Album: Dresden Dolls

-Chris

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Mostly Jazz..

Joshua Redman - Momentum (Brand new and excellent)

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
20to20K said:
Joshua Redman - Momentum (Brand new and excellent)
Good Stuff. I have seen him perform several times. Always a treat. I was playing the Live at the Village Vanguard set the other day. :)

20to20K

Full Audioholic
anamorphic96 said:
Good Stuff. I have seen him perform several times. Always a treat. I was playing the Live at the Village Vanguard set the other day. :)

I just saw Joshua last Tuesday at the 9:30 club in DC. He tore it up.
His new drummer, Jeff Ballard, is amazing!!

He opened for Me'sell Ndeocello who I normally like...but she was terrible.
We left after 3 songs. Fortunetely Joshua was first!

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
Stan Getz- Getz Au Go-Go.

The quintessential live jazz quartet debut - 1963 at the Go-Go in NYC. Astrud Gilberto fronting on a whim, inaugural versions of several classics. Does it get any better?

Wait, let me answer that -

Nope! :)

R

RhapsodyInBlack

Junior Audioholic
Primus ' sailing the seas of cheese'....the first time i heard this release was in 94 or 95 or something...saw them open for rush shortly thereafter and have been a fan every since. I can certainly understand some of the criticism they get when i mention to people that they are a favorite of mine.....but,i know im doing something right when the vast majority disagree with me on my musical tastes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis