what are you drinking right now ?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Found this unusual shaped bottle of Italian pinot Grigio, thought I'd try it this TurkeyDay!
That should work just fine. Even better with the white meat. What do you usually have as a side dish with the turkey?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Vo Manhattan, Lovin says they're a 'girly drink', must have something to do with the cherry. It is a bada bing though ......
That's what my dad called 'em, had to make 'em all the time for mom and grandma...he preferred whiskey straight, as do I.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is he a fan of your playing? If so what's his favorite? :)
Oops, just saw this...
He’s never said so, but almost every time I sit down to play, he usually claims in and settles into the space behind me. Or on the floor next to me. Favorites? I’ll have to check...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Vo Manhattan, Lovin says they're a 'girly drink', must have something to do with the cherry. It is a bada bing though ......
My dad was a "Southern Comfort Manhattan on the rocks" guy.

I tend to go for my bourbon neat or in an old fashioned with a cherry, preferably a Luxardo cherry. Which is exactly how I'm having some right now. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That's what my dad called 'em, had to make 'em all the time for mom and grandma...he preferred whiskey straight, as do I.
I too prefer 'good' whisky neat with a splash of spring water as well. Vo is not 'sippin' whiskey but I do like it in my Manhattan's. Love a good Rye Manhattan as well, enjoying 'Redemption Rye' at the moment

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Something I truly enjoy:
1607353251559.png

A winery I brough to my wine shops. Red and white Burgundy. This is in fact US owned (pcosmic may think I bash all things US, but it's not quite so). A great example of high quality Burgundy wine that's quite afordable. Ravings from Decanter and the rest.

Many vineyards are Premier Cru, some of which are 30$ wines and still quite masterful. Only single parcel wine, no terroir mixing. Winery has a Monopole over a 900 years old Premier Cru...

But all of that is just bull, when you take a sip, your heart melts. That's where it counts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I too prefer 'good' whisky neat with a splash of spring water as well. Vo is not 'sippin' whiskey but I do like it in my Manhattan's. Love a good Rye Manhattan as well, enjoying 'Redemption Rye' at the moment
I make it easy by just buying whiskey I like to drink. Just not much into the whole cocktail thing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
agreed, but remember, your mom and grandmother knew what they were doing ! .... ;)
Oh the parents and grandparents were cocktail afficianados to an extent....and dad tended bar during college and for a bit after so he had no problem maintaining a proper bar and being familiar with all the drinks (but rarely had anything but scotch on the rocks). Cocktail hour was a definite thing. Grandpa on mom's side had a killer bar in his basement....featuring every Jim Beam promo item (as the distillery was one of his clients). I don't remember the last time I had any use for vermouth or bitters....altho I probably would have bourbon or rye around...but better scotch.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I make it easy by just buying whiskey I like to drink. Just not much into the whole cocktail thing.
My cocktail consists of whiskey (bourbon), bitters, a bit of simple syrup, ice. I like an Old Fashioned.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis