what are you drinking right now ?

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
I haven't had anything from Founders Brewery that I haven't really liked.

Had this one at The Brick Wall in Asbury Park: Backwoods Bastard | Our Beers | Founders Brewing Co.
It's aged in bourbon barrels. It really opens up as it gets warm.
This is one of my favorites. It's quite difficult to get in Michigan because of the low supply and high demand. 2010 I found one 4 pack. 2011 I got nothing. 2012 I got very lucky with eight 4 packs. This year I ended up with five 4 packs....and is the result of driving around to multiple liquor stores on the day of distributor delivery which is not always predictable (and not always on the release date). You're also lucky if you actually find it on the shelf as most stores hold it behind their counters specifically for their "loyal big spender" customers.

I have yet to find it on tap local to me.

I think I'm going to have one today.....

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
This is one of my favorites. It's quite difficult to get in Michigan because of the low supply and high demand. 2010 I found one 4 pack. 2011 I got nothing. 2012 I got very lucky with eight 4 packs. This year I ended up with five 4 packs....and is the result of driving around to multiple liquor stores on the day of distributor delivery which is not always predictable (and not always on the release date). You're also lucky if you actually find it on the shelf as most stores hold it behind their counters specifically for their "loyal big spender" customers.

I have yet to find it on tap local to me.

I think I'm going to have one today.....

This place has 24 beers rotating on tap. Brickwall Tavern and Dining Room
I'm lucky that they always have a Founders on tap too.
Just a little worried that Surf Taco finds out I'm cheating on them :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't had anything from Founders Brewery that I haven't really liked.

Had this one at The Brick Wall in Asbury Park: Backwoods Bastard | Our Beers | Founders Brewing Co.
It's aged in bourbon barrels. It really opens up as it gets warm.

I bought a Founder's variety case last night...If I don't like it I'm gonna make Rickster pay me the $40 I spent on it.:eek:

I bought a Stoudt's variety case also...if it is not to my liking I'm making Rick pay for it too...just because.:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I bought a Founder's variety case last night...If I don't like it I'm gonna make Rickster pay me the $40 I spent on it.:eek:

I bought a Stoudt's variety case also...if it is not to my liking I'm making Rick pay for it too...just because.:D

I refuse to pay for your drinking problem.:p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Semi sweet wine with a mahogany tingle to its garnet hue. Armenian sunful blackberries are dominant both in the nose and on the palate. The wine offers rich, intense aromas and smooth taste of sweet black fruits. Its austerity screams of mountain fruit and the tannins are just a smidge bitter. The afterlifetaste:cool: has a whiff of cedar and background notes of oak. Makes a good accompaniment to pasta dishes and desserts.

Bottled in 750 ml. blackberry-shaped souvenir bottles.

It's so good. :)
:cool:Instant replay on a Snowy Winters Night...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Fortaleza anejo tequila. Absolutely the best I've ever had. Better than Casa Noble extra anejo single barrel or Cuervo Reserva de la Familia. Tough to find but well worth a pour. More like a fine brandy than any tequila you've had.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Had to take a break from the $8-$10.00 4 and 6 packs. Got a six pack of Miller Lite and I can hardly get it down. You guys ruined my perfectly good low rent taste. :D

Any suggestions for cheap, yet good beer?

My Google skills are waning. :eek:

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Any suggestions for cheaper, yet good beer?
Around here, mass market domestics cost almost much as micro and imported brews. For domestics, I think that Bud Platinum is good. I also like Michelob Ultra Amber.

Or...and forgive me...you could just drink less of the good stuff. :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Around here, mass market domestics cost almost much as micro and imported brews. For domestics, I think that Bud Platinum is good. I also like Michelob Ultra Amber.

Or...and forgive me...you could just drink less of the good stuff. :D
Really? Is it a geographical or tax reason? The Miller Lite I bought was $4.99 a six. I have Bud Platinum, and it is good. And I'm not a Bud guy. But, it's in that $8-10.00 range. For that I'll get the Founder's.

I did cut back on the good stuff. The bad stuff makes me want cut beer out completely. :eek: Sorry Rick!... I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Really? Is it a geographical or tax reason? The Miller Lite I bought was $4.99 a six. I have Bud Platinum, and it is good. And I'm not a Bud guy. But, it's in that $8-10.00 range. For that I'll get the Founder's.

I did cut back on the good stuff. The bad stuff makes me want cut beer out completely. :eek: Sorry Rick!... I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it.
To be fair, staying within same beer types, comparing lagers.
IMO The original Sam Adams Lager is probably the best cheap lager. It's at least all real beer ingredients, no rice or corn fillers like the others have.
I think it gets cheaper if you by the case or big box.
If the Wal-Mart near you sells beer, chances are they'll have very good pricing.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
To be fair, staying within same beer types, comparing lagers.
IMO The original Sam Adams Lager is probably the best cheap lager. It's at least all real beer ingredients, no rice or corn fillers like the others have.
I think it gets cheaper if you by the case or big box.
If the Wal-Mart near you sells beer, chances are they'll have very good pricing.
I wasn't thinking. I like Sam Adams. Thanks. I'll check on that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis