what are you drinking right now ?

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
It's Stout season at Short's Brewing:

Uber Goober, Oatmeal stout with Goober's Peanuts: Short's Uber Goober Oatmeal Stout - Short's Brewing Company - Bellaire, MI - BeerAdvocate
S'mores Stout, you guessed it brewed with grahm crackers, chocolate and marshmellows: Short's S'more Stout - Short's Brewing Company - Bellaire, MI - BeerAdvocate
Chocolate Giddy Up Stout, cold brewed with Higher grounds coffee and cocoa nibs: No beer advocate data
Ecotoplasmo Stout, brewed with Belgian Candi Syrup and a massive amount of raspberries: No beer advocate data

Liked the Uber Goober and the S'mores Stout. Chocolate Giddy Up meh, just ok. Ectoplasmo was a swing and a miss, would not order again.

Also had Magician, Irish Red Ale: Short's The Magician - Short's Brewing Company - Bellaire, MI - BeerAdvocate

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Semi sweet wine with a mahogany tingle to its garnet hue. Armenian sunful blackberries are dominant both in the nose and on the palate. The wine offers rich, intense aromas and smooth taste of sweet black fruits. Its austerity screams of mountain fruit and the tannins are just a smidge bitter. The afterlifetaste:cool: has a whiff of cedar and background notes of oak. Makes a good accompaniment to pasta dishes and desserts.

Bottled in 750 ml. blackberry-shaped souvenir bottles.

It's so good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, Joe...that's a pricey bottle of wine. Looks good, though! I gravitate to the $4.50 bottles of Manischewitz myself. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I picked up a New Belgium variety pack tonight on the way home. I started with a "2 Below" ale, and am now enjoying a "Rampant" Imperial IPA.

Well, I was enjoying it until I just went to their website...and found out that the first was 200 calories and the second is 230 calories. Okay, okay, I'm still enjoying it... :D

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
I picked up a New Belgium variety pack tonight on the way home. I started with a "2 Below" ale, and am now enjoying a "Rampant" Imperial IPA.

Well, I was enjoying it until I just went to their website...and found out that the first was 200 calories and the second is 230 calories. Okay, okay, I'm still enjoying it... :D
Rampant is very good..they also have a white IPA called Accumulation this season that's pretty tasty!
Cheers, Mac

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After reading about it here months ago, I finally found La Fin du Monde! I'd seen the label for it - but an empty shelf - at the same store a long time ago, but then never saw even the label again. Although I'd never had it, I was so happy to finally find it, I bought four bottles for about $40. I would have bought five, but they only had five...and I couldn't bring myself to not leave one for someone else

Anyway...this stuff is awesome! From the description, and then confirmed with the first sip, it is very much like La Chouffe. That might just be my favorite beer, so this is an absolute winner in my book. I should have bought that fifth bottle... :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
After reading about it here months ago, I finally found La Fin du Monde! I'd seen the label for it - but an empty shelf - at the same store a long time ago, but then never saw even the label again. Although I'd never had it, I was so happy to finally find it, I bought four bottles for about $40. I would have bought five, but they only had five...and I couldn't bring myself to not leave one for someone else

Anyway...this stuff is awesome! From the description, and then confirmed with the first sip, it is very much like La Chouffe. That might just be my favorite beer, so this is an absolute winner in my book. I should have bought that fifth bottle... :D
It's the number 2 Tripel on Beer Advocate. I prefer it as a summer beer myself.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's the number 2 Tripel on Beer Advocate. I prefer it as a summer beer myself.
Thanks! I didn't even think to look there. La Chouffe, while not in their top 50, is rated 94 versus this one's rating of 96 (and 99 versus 100 by The Bros), so others consider it in the same league. I haven't had a La Chouffe in years because of availability around here, but I'd have to have them side by side to really note the differences. I think that La Fin is a tad sweeter with less spice, but it's subtle...at least compared to my memory.

Summer...winter...zombie apocalypse...this is one beer that I'd probably enjoy just about anytime. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Yup, that is a good one, a well-respected brewery too.

They also make La Fin (and the others) in 12oz bottles. I prefer those because that is a pretty potent beer!

Also, if you can find it, this is pretty good from them
Éphémère (Apple) - Unibroue - Chambly, QC, Canada - BeerAdvocate

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Dark Truth Stout Boulevard Brewing. Definitely a great stout.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis