what are you drinking right now ?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I just drank all the cans from Southern Star this last week.

I definitely enjoyed the Buried Hatchet Stout most. Next week I try Surly and Town Hall in Minnesota. I'm excited!

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Driving to Ohio in the morning. Plenty of time to get Optimated. And eat mozzarella sticks... :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Had some Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale last night. I thought it was OK.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Had some Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale last night. I thought it was OK.

I like that one, though it really blurs the line between Pale Ale & IPA. Me thinks it's more of an IPA.
How would you compare it to the Victory Pale Ale you had the other day?

Oskar Blues has many great brews. Keep trying some of their other offerings, I'll bet you'll find a few you like.
You'd be surprised how over time your tastes will change. In a few years you'll end up liking it more.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I've had a couple of IPA's and didn't care them. Until last weekend. Mad Anthony's IPA was very good. Also, Boulevard Brewing 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat was really good. Supposedly a blend of IPA and wheat beer. But the Mad Anthony, Fort Wayne, In, was very good.

Now, what's was not so good, Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat. It was way too sweet and had a very strong, and odd, maybe licorice finish that was not appealing.
First Leinenekugals I've tried. Not going to judge the Co. on one beer, but this was damn near undrinkable.

View attachment 12299

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
IPA's and How Humans Taste

Interesting article enjoy:
CraftBeer.com | Why Are IPAs so Popular?

Human taste is pre-wired from the time we’re born. For example, innately we like the taste of sweet things as children, but perhaps do not take to sour or bitter flavors right away. But as we grow up and try new things, our brain figures out that not all sour and bitter flavors are bad, such is the case with IPAs.

Experts believe that our sense of taste helped ancient humans choose what types of things were good to eat. To the human mind, a sweet taste translates to calories and energy, which is good for a hungry little hunter-gatherer. However, sour tastes may mean that the food has become rancid or is potentially poisonous.

Bitterness in beer is not bad, and actually often provides a refreshing balance. Wouldn’t beer be boring if it was just sugary sweet? So perhaps enjoying an IPA does signify a state of advanced beer appreciation. Being able to sense not just the bitterness of an IPA, but the more nuanced contributions hops add to a beer, such as aroma and flavor happens over time.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've had a couple of IPA's and didn't care them. Until last weekend. Mad Anthony's IPA was very good. Also, Boulevard Brewing 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat was really good. Supposedly a blend of IPA and wheat beer. But the Mad Anthony, Fort Wayne, In, was very good.

Now, what's was not so good, Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat. It was way too sweet and had a very strong, and odd, maybe licorice finish that was not appealing.
First Leinenekugals I've tried. Not going to judge the Co. on one beer, but this was damn near undrinkable.

View attachment 12299
Yup, sunset wheat has a distinctive blueberry flavor, even though no blueberries were used for it.

I like the Leini Red, Honey Weiss, and there's a seasonal creamy stout that's pretty good.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I like that one, though it really blurs the line between Pale Ale & IPA. Me thinks it's more of an IPA.
How would you compare it to the Victory Pale Ale you had the other day?

Oskar Blues has many great brews. Keep trying some of their other offerings, I'll bet you'll find a few you like.
You'd be surprised how over time your tastes will change. In a few years you'll end up liking it more.
From memory they are pretty different. Hard to do so far apart. I'm not trained in this sort of thing...you know me...If I like it, I like it. You are right though. The Dale's is very IPA like.

I had two pints from a tap. The first was good then the food came and the second wasn't as tasty...poor match I guess. I'd definitely order one again to give it another chance.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Earlier this week:
(*) Corona Familiar: Not too shabby, but a bit of a skunky aftertaste.
(*) Leinie's Canoe Paddler: Quite tasty. Good taste with a clean, crisp finish. A new favorite.
(*) Leinie's Summer Shandy: Not bad, but nothing special.

Tonight:
(*) Leinie's Berry Weiss: Dang tasty. I'm on my third. :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis