Well recorded guitar music

jmilton7043

jmilton7043

Audioholic Intern
Juber

Guitar Noir by Lawrence Juber on the AIX label- Hi rez recordings are outstanding!

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I'm not sure that any Django exactly qualifies as a "high quality recording", since so much of his work dates from the 78-era, but the best remastering job of his earlier work by far is this:

The Classic Early Recordings on JSP Records.

So many releases of early Jazz over-process the sound in an attempt to get rid of the hiss and snaps and surface noise of the 78 source material. This set - an incredible value, by the way - is lovingly re-mastered to keep the sound as full and lively as possible, even if that means a bit of noise remains. This set is one of my absolute favorite music purchases ever.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
Phil Keaggy

Phil Keaggy - Acoustic sketches
- lights of Madrid

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Phil Keaggy - Acoustic sketches
- lights of Madrid
I do like his style! Very nice. How is the recording quality? I know the Chesky and Telarc recordings I have are very well done. How does this compare?

Soundman

Soundman

"Guitar Noir" by Laurence Juber on AIX records. It's done in 5.1 and also DVD-Audio. It'll make the hair stand up on the back of your neck (and that's a good thing)

One of my all-time favorite recordings.:cool:
Very nice. I may be checking that one out. Have you heard this one? http://www.aixrecords.com/catalog/peppino.html

I was looking at some other AIX recordings while I was at their website and came across this one which seemed to stand out as well when I sampled some of the tracks. Just wanted to get an opinion on it, since I haven't heard the original, of course.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
mostly acoustic solo guitar play, but am open to other styles. Looking for recordings with a lot of string detail.
Windom Hill recordings, Sheffield Labs and Willie Porter are all good. I haven't been listening to much acoustic music lately but that will probably change since I connected my turntable again.

Soundman

Soundman

...Have you heard this one? http://www.aixrecords.com/catalog/peppino.html

I was looking at some other AIX recordings while I was at their website and came across this one which seemed to stand out as well when I sampled some of the tracks. Just wanted to get an opinion on it, since I haven't heard the original, of course.
Anyone heard it? I hate buying music blind like this, but I did like the style when I previewed it on their website. Of course, I would prefer to hear the original . Just wondering if anyone's heard it. Or maybe someone has some othe recommendations for this style of music? You can preview it with the link above.

Soundman

Soundman

Originally Posted by Soundman
...Have you heard this one? http://www.aixrecords.com/catalog/peppino.html

Anyone heard it? I hate buying music blind like this, but I did like the style when I previewed it on their website. Of course, I would prefer to hear the original . Just wondering if anyone's heard it. Or maybe someone has some othe recommendations for this style of music? You can preview it with the link above.
Well, I didn't get any responses so I went ahead and ordered it. Maybe I'll post a review once I get a chance to do some listening. :)

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Well, I didn't get any responses so I went ahead and ordered it. Maybe I'll post a review once I get a chance to do some listening. :)
Based on some of the recommendations here, I also ordered a bunch of discs from AIX last week. Other than the auto-confirm email upon ordering, I have not heard boo wrt a tracking number or items sent. I emailed them yesterday for a tracking number but have not heard back. Guess I'll give them a couple of weeks before I panic.

-H

Soundman

Soundman

Based on some of the recommendations here, I also ordered a bunch of discs from AIX last week. Other than the auto-confirm email upon ordering, I have not heard boo wrt a tracking number or items sent. I emailed them yesterday for a tracking number but have not heard back. Guess I'll give them a couple of weeks before I panic.

-H
I ordered mine off Amazon and got a confirmation on it. I hope you get yours. I think you should be OK though.

Soundman

Soundman

-H
Have you heard anything yet? I hope mine will be delivered today so I can have a listen. :)

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
Funny you should ask today....they just emailed me saying the stuff will be USPS'd today. Now let's see what our wonder border inspectors will do to the stuff. ;)

Hope you get yours too...can't wait. :)

R

rush29

Enthusiast
I'm looking for some well recorded guitar solo music. Any recommendations? Well recorded guitar music just sounds great. I love hearing the details of the strings this kind of recording can provide. What are some good ones?
Ottmar Liebert - One Guitar. When we play this CD it sounds like he's in my living room. Beautiful.

Soundman

Soundman

Funny you should ask today....they just emailed me saying the stuff will be USPS'd today. Now let's see what our wonder border inspectors will do to the stuff. ;)

Hope you get yours too...can't wait. :)
I still haven't gotten it. Hopefully it's delivered today. :)

HedgeHog

HedgeHog

Audioholic Intern
I still haven't gotten it. Hopefully it's delivered
today. :)
Apparently, the stuff arrived in the mail today...will check 'em out and see. Hope you got yours already...review? ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis