Well recorded guitar music

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm looking for some well recorded guitar solo music. Any recommendations? Well recorded guitar music just sounds great. I love hearing the details of the strings this kind of recording can provide. What are some good ones?

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
Have you tried anything by Andres Segovia? Absolutely brilliant.

Or were you looking for another genre?

I Know this isn't a great recording, but I'm sure you could find better featuring him.

Last edited:
Soundman

Soundman

Have you tried anything by Andres Segovia? Absolutely brilliant.

Or were you looking for another genre?

I Know this isn't a great recording, but I'm sure you could find better featuring him.
I have heard good things about him as a player, but how good are the recordings?

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
You would probably have to search out a remastered recording because alot of his stuff was recorded in the 50's, 60's and 70's....I think.

Here is another kid you might want to check out. His name is Matt Rach and does a brilliant Canon in D, also refered to as Canon Rock.

If you go to his you tube page, I think he's selling albums now.

Soundman

Soundman

You would probably have to search out a remastered recording because alot of his stuff was recorded in the 50's, 60's and 70's....I think.

Here is another kid you might want to check out. His name is Matt Rach and does a brilliant Canon in D, also refered to as Canon Rock.

If you go to his you tube page, I think he's selling albums now.
How 'bout this?
http://www.amazon.com/The-Segovia-Collection/dp/B000060O5J/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1232403957&sr=8-2

Soundman

Soundman

Thanks so much for the suggestions. What I want to know now is the quality of these recordings. I'm looking for guitar solo recordings, but also ones of the highest audio quality.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm looking for some well recorded guitar solo music. Any recommendations? Well recorded guitar music just sounds great. I love hearing the details of the strings this kind of recording can provide. What are some good ones?
What style are you looking for?

john72953

john72953

Full Audioholic
Django Reinhardt and Jimmy Rosenberg

Django is (was) considered to be one of the finest guitar players along with Andres Segovia. Jimmy Rosenberg, like Django, comes from a Gypsy heritage and is considered to be equally adept with the guitar. Here's a YouTube link. Be sure to check out the first video done in 1990...I think he was like 10, can't remember now.

Lemme know what you think!

John

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
"Guitar Noir" by Laurence Juber on AIX records. It's done in 5.1 and also DVD-Audio. It'll make the hair stand up on the back of your neck (and that's a good thing)

One of my all-time favorite recordings.:cool:

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
^^^
I second that!!! That DVD-A recording is unbelievable awesome!

Soundman

Soundman

"Guitar Noir" by Laurence Juber on AIX records. It's done in 5.1 and also DVD-Audio. It'll make the hair stand up on the back of your neck (and that's a good thing)

One of my all-time favorite recordings.:cool:
I can't seem to find this anywhere. Even Amazon doesn't have it. I would like to preview a sample or two as well, but can't seem to find it.

T

trsu2

Audiophyte
Adrian Legg is an incredible acoustic guitar player with some great recordings. I have 2 of his CD's but I favor Waiting for a Dancer, which has some really good instrumental acoustic guitar songs (my fav is L'Amour Manque) At times, you'll think there's two or three guitars playing when there's only one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis