Well, I had my first post deleted at AudioReview.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Who really runs AR anyway?

RE: The Jon Risch Distortion methon thread, which Bruce and Jneutron (I can spell that) mentioned.

One of the other mods got wise and closed that thread after seeing that it was going nowhere. Winning or losing was not the case. Jon will never admit defeat and neither will the numerous ones who don't buy into what he's selling.

Now it seems that the almighty ToddB deleted everything below Jon's last post, reopened the thread and is again threatening to delete any posts he doesn't like. If you want to fall down and worship at the alter with TobbB, feel free to post.

So, it's now at the point where ToddB will delete another mod's post if he doesn't like it. It's nice to know the mods there speak with one voice.

Dr Franekstein, your monster's loose in the city. ("That's FRONKENSTEIN!!!)

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

markw said:
RE: The Jon Risch Distortion methon thread, which Bruce and Jneutron (I can spell that) mentioned.

One of the other mods got wise and closed that thread after seeing that it was going nowhere. Winning or losing was not the case. Jon will never admit defeat and neither will the numerous ones who don't buy into what he's selling.

Now it seems that the almighty ToddB deleted everything below Jon's last post, reopened the thread and is again threatening to delete any posts he doesn't like. If you want to fall down and worship at the alter with TobbB, feel free to post.

So, it's now at the point where ToddB will delete another mod's post if he doesn't like it. It's nice to know the mods there speak with one voice.

How sweet of your to notice. I've had him delete posts in other threads that were quite valid, but he just didn't agree with them. I think it's time to write to Chris.

-Bruce

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Well, I now see the JR thread is closed. It's a shame that the moderators are doing their best to make the place as useless as possible. -Bruce:eek:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
FLZapped said:
Well, I now see the JR thread is closed. It's a shame that the moderators are doing their best to make the place as useless as possible. -Bruce:eek:
You guys who still post there should just quietly depart, unnoticed, and let that place just collapse. I think you will find enough to post here on :D

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
And yet again...

...the AR deletists strike again...

The entire thread "What makes a good cable?" posted by Bill L(which as I recall was locked and then unlocked) has now been zapped...no explanation, no threatening PMs...apparently the AR mods motto is "if ya can't beat it, delete it"...

I'm also gettin' a feelin' that English may be a second language to some and it's correct usage is a deep, dark mystery...yet we are somehow able to discern the subtle nuances imparted by use of a cable cooker!!! Fancy that!

jimHJJ(...as I said in the thread "just so much hooey"...)

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
mtrycrafts said:
You guys who still post there should just quietly depart, unnoticed, and let that place just collapse. I think you will find enough to post here on :D

Naw, I'm gonna make the "illigetimate children" ban me first.

-Bruce :eek:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
mtrycrafts said:
You guys who still post there should just quietly depart, unnoticed, and let that place just collapse.
I agree with mtrycrafts - just depart and let that place collapse. At first I didn't want to do that. I liked reading many of the posts there. We all had our different reasons for going there. But they're gone now.

Obviously some of you like to argue with the committed opposition (or at least some who ought to be committed :D). I always avoided that, believing that "when you wrestle with a t*rd, it doesn't matter whether you win or loose, you still end up with sh*t all over you". But I encourage you to continue sparring with the likes of JR. It is basically harmless fun, but soon becomes boring because of the lengthy and incoherent posts. Does anyone actually read all of JR's posts? He lost me a long time ago.

But the new moderators, with all their deletions, have changed all that. They have changed the rules so that its like a poker game where the dealer wins and the winner deals. It's time to walk away and recreate here or somewhere else, all the things that once made that forum a good place.

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Swerd said:
I agree with mtrycrafts - just depart and let that place collapse. At first I didn't want to do that. I liked reading many of the posts there. We all had our different reasons for going there. But they're gone now.

Obviously some of you like to argue with the committed opposition (or at least some who ought to be committed :D). I always avoided that, believing that "when you wrestle with a t*rd, it doesn't matter whether you win or loose, you still end up with sh*t all over you". But I encourage you to continue sparring with the likes of JR. It is basically harmless fun, but soon becomes boring because of the lengthy and incoherent posts. Does anyone actually read all of JR's posts? He lost me a long time ago.

But the new moderators, with all their deletions, have changed all that. They have changed the rules so that its like a poker game where the dealer wins and the winner deals. It's time to walk away and recreate here or somewhere else, all the things that once made that forum a good place.

I suppose we could all go pile over on AA and irritate them some now.
hahahhahahhahahahahahhahha.....

I know, I'm an ornery old cuss.

(Man, I still love that eek.....)

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Whoo-hoo!!!

markw said:

Todd was stripped of his moderating powers and it looks like he decided to delete his membership too.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
FLZapped said:
Todd was stripped of his moderating powers and it looks like he decided to delete his membership too.
ToddB was particularly obnoxious. He won't be missed. How did you learn this?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
EricL made this statement on one of the more recent posts.

At least the part about his no longer being a moderator. Dunno about that membership thing though.

He's a perfect example of giving power to someone who cannot handle it. With privelege goes responsibility and this guy jus t didn't get it. He saw being a moderator as a mandate to force his will on others, even the other moderaters.

This gives me some small hope that AR might mot be totally dead but, all in all, I think I like it better here anyway. The fact that such an infection was left to fester this long causes me more than a little concern.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Swerd said:
Does anyone actually read all of JR's posts? He lost me a long time ago.
I think he is a frustrated writer who coudn't make it and stumbled into audio? He certainly writes tomes and boring ones at that. No, I rarely read then especially when they were so long.

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
markw said:
At least the part about his no longer being a moderator. Dunno about that membership thing though.

I checked the membership list. Not there. -Bruce

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Swerd said:
ToddB was particularly obnoxious. He won't be missed. How did you learn this?

It was in a post by Ericl over in the Off Topic forum.

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Here we go again......

Well,

I got a PM from ericl whinning about me for pointing out to "hertz" that his "experience" can't be repeated without some controls...sheesh.

Wouldn't be so bad if he had decided not to use words like childish and my position being junk in his PM....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You're not gonna win, Bruce.

Their cable forum is subjectivity driven. This guy blipped my radar when he said that "the differences are night and day". Virtually everyone, objectivest and subjectivest alike, will allow that any differences in cables are subtle at best and, even then, extremely system dependent.

The fact that he stated the difference is "night and day" without any qualifiers simply means that he chooses to use that forum as a bully pulpit. Unless he's willing to take it over the the "audio lab" where the truth can be discussed objectively (pun intended), there's no way they will allow a rebuttal to that nonsense. Check and mate!

IMNSHO, a lot of AA alumni will be using this tactic soon to proselytise. Then again, there's no written law against linking to this post from there, is there? Kinda like what I did with that power cable yahoo. :rolleyes:

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
markw said:
there's no written law against linking to this post from there, is there? Kinda like what I did with that power cable yahoo. :rolleyes:
I don't think there is, I have linked stuff from AA. -Bruce

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
I don't really like how at avsforum.com, you can't say the names of sellers or their prices, unless their the companies that advertise on AVS. Yet the companies that advertise on AVS mostly cater to high end stuff, so it makes it difficult to really do good research their.

I've had posts deleted there because I mentioned prices that I paid or where I got them, or where poeple could buy things....their usually a little leniant in the DIY section though. But still its stupid, because its a discussion forum.

Ultimatly, its just a message board though...no ones pride is really injured, and if you get owned, then move on....or just private message the person (if allowed on the site) so at least they find out what you needed to say.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Westrock2000 said:
I don't really like how at avsforum.com, you can't say the names of sellers or their prices, unless their the companies that advertise on AVS. Yet the companies that advertise on AVS mostly cater to high end stuff, so it makes it difficult to really do good research their.

I've had posts deleted there because I mentioned prices that I paid or where I got them, or where poeple could buy things....their usually a little leniant in the DIY section though. But still its stupid, because its a discussion forum.

Ultimatly, its just a message board though...no ones pride is really injured, and if you get owned, then move on....or just private message the person (if allowed on the site) so at least they find out what you needed to say.

Looks like they cater to their advertisers only, not truths, informed choices, etc.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis