War Of The Worlds: The movie made for me to rip on *SPOILERS

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are NO resellers for their products, they sell direct. You will not find any price breaks...but you can check their website or contact them directly to see if they have any b-stocks available or coming up (which I'm sure will be hard to come by).

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
shipping wasn't too bad - I am thinking $30 maybe. A lot cheaper than I thought it would be. BTW, it is really packaged well...

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
HookedOnSound said:
I can't overlook the bad story and acting.
Hmm, I thought the acting was adequate.
I see statements like this all the time.
Dakota Fanning for her age is a superb actress. (and IMO, did very well in this movie)
Tom Cruise is the one in this particular movie that his acting was adequate.
The story/script was quite lacking to me as well. But I have seen MUCH, MUCH worse.

The funny thing is I see statements like this - and then the movie will end up with quite a few awards.
(possibly acting)

I guess in this movie, Tom did not feel that he had to prove his acting skills.
Stardom has reached its point.
Granted, he has done some excellent acting in other movies.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How much acting skill do you need to look surprised and run? :D

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
j_garcia said:
How much acting skill do you need to look surprised and run? :D
Hmm, not much I guess.
But surely you know there was more than that.
The best part he did, was when he came home from just after seeing the (aliens machines come up) and the psyched look he had, and that the children could not get through to him.
However, that was about the worst acting in the movie from the children.
The boy I think did a pitiful job (throughout the entire movie).
He could have been easily done by anyone.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, when he looked in the mirror and saw the "dust" on him, that was a well done moment.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I'll email them about B-stock and see if they've got anything. I tend to wait always waiting for a better deal to come along. At some threshold I'm just going to have to pull the trigger and order it.

MP

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
At the price point, there really aren't many subs that are comparable. It's already a good price for what you get, I guess is what I'm getting at. I know what you mean though, because I always try to put off buying unless it's on sale :) The best deal you are going to get is used, but that may be harder to come by.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Matt34 said:
They are hooting and hollaring about it on the AVS fourms.:D

Yes until their overly hyped SVS/HSU subs gave out and broke down on them, then they all wept...LMAO

~Bob

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Overly hyped would lead me to believe you haven't heard one :D I've heard your JBL...

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
During the scene where they come up from the ground in the city, my cats started freaking out and looking all around the room for what was making it shake like that. It was quite entertaining.

I have to agree that the movie wasn't that great, but if you watch it in DTS, it is worth watching just for the sounds alone.

Keep in mind that I only have the 10" SVS sub. I can't imagine what the bigger ones would have done.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
The original movie, which I sadly admit to seeing in my youth as a first run, was superb. It won an Academy Award for Special Effects, which were ground-breaking at the time. It was soooo much better than any sci-fi movie up to that time, I was stunned. Obviously it looks dated now...but man, 52 years ago, when it came out....it smoked!

This current remake (aren't there any new ideas in Hollywood anymore), IMHO, was nothing more than a long trailer of special effects. No story. No plot or character development. No acting, except for the wonderful Dakota Fanning. The aliens didn't even have any aerial attack...just the walkers.

As the Hulk would say, "Movie dumb!"

And as an aside...a couple of months before the remake came out, I was going to buy the 1999 release DVD of the original on eBay. It was selling for $50!!! Holy Smokes! So I thought I'd wait a couple of months. ACK. It went to $125!!!! Now that was just plain ridiculous. Guess what. Now that the Cruise movie is over and done (poorly done!), they're selling again for $7. Heh heh.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis