Want a phone that just works! Sick of iPhone/Apple useless crap in their effing updates!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That's one reason I switched from Samsung to Pixel. The bloatware was getting to be too much and they would randomly end certain services. Best pricing for Samsung also required locking in with a carrier in Canada while the Pixels were available unlocked at a reasonable price.

That ended up being important on our last holiday. Roaming on Rogers has gone up from $7 to $15 per day which is just nuts. I just went onto Airalo and got an e-sim for $30 with 5GB of data good for 30 days. Turned off my Rogers sim and just used apps for 3 weeks and it worked perfectly. FU Rogers! :mad: You have much cheaper phone plans in the U.S.
Don't you have Chatr in Nova Scotia? We have it in Quebec and It's owned by Rogers. They have very affordable deals. I don't need much with my cell phone and I'm paying only $25.00 + sales taxes per month for my package. Also, calls across Canada are free of extra charges.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Don't you have Chatr in Nova Scotia? We have it in Quebec and It's owned by Rogers. They have very affordable deals. I don't need much with my cell phone and I'm paying only $25.00 + sales taxes per month for my package. Also, calls across Canada are free of extra charges.
I'm in Ontario (GO-NAD is in NS). Been a Rogers customer for a long time as we bundled services with them and the locked-in phones were cheap. We all have unlocked phones now but I have 3 on a shared data plan. They did up their rates again recently so I'm thinking of shopping around. I need good coverage in remote areas though in case work needs me. For travel, WhatsApp is widely used in Europe so a data package is good enough and I did not miss lacking phone service while on holiday.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in Ontario (GO-NAD is in NS). Been a Rogers customer for a long time as we bundled services with them and the locked-in phones were cheap. We all have unlocked phones now but I have 3 on a shared data plan. They did up their rates again recently so I'm thinking of shopping around. I need good coverage in remote areas though in case work needs me. For travel, WhatsApp is widely used in Europe so a data package is good enough and I did not miss lacking phone service while on holiday.
Sorry about the mix-up.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 9 that I bought as refurbished a couple of years ago. But in a couple of years I will switch to an unlocked Pixel, unless something better comes out.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I was in the iPhone camp for 10 years. I got fed up of not being able to control the simplest things. The ability of the phone to let me know when I missed a call, (like it does with messages) was unavailable. And the ability to have the phone automatically turn on call forwarding when I arrived home was out of reach. I also wanted to be able to compose and read text messages on my PC, and this was not possible.

I switched to Android in 2019 and never looked back. I can now be nagged when I miss a call, automatic call forwarding ( based on our SSID) is a no-brainer, and Google Messages gives me access to my text messages on my PC, or any platform with a browser.

Other features are also available such as designating the number of apps in the dock (I have 6 of them), widgets (way before Apple added them), the ability to not have all open folders in the mail app by default (I have hundreds of folders), and the ability to order kindle books directly in the Kindle and Amazon apps.

While statistics indicate that only 6% of the population can go between Apple and Android or Android and apple successfully, I was able to do it and couldn't be happier. I was just so sick of Apple's closed, uber-restrictive, architecture, and anti-competitive nature.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis